Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official Goliath Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on August 6th, 2016, 5:32 pm
Does anyone know anything about Goliath originally having a much larger layout with more inversions and airtime hills? Another enthusiast said on Instagram that there is a blueprint somewhere online that shows the layout, I thought someone here might know.

Thanks
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on August 6th, 2016, 8:46 pm
Nope, there was only one blueprint shown and that was at Gurnee's Zoning Board meeting. If there is another blueprint, it's never been leaked as far as I know.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2016, 1:00 pm
Goliath is a very good ride. But in my opinion much too short, given the size of the first hill and drop. Also, there's so much momentum it has at the end before the brakes are applied. I wish it was longer with more airtime hills. The inversions I could take or leave. The best parts of the ride (for me) are first drop and that single airtime hill.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby maxwellt on August 8th, 2016, 7:42 pm
Back to the six flags Dubai park, here's another map I found online. Maybe Goliath won't be cloned, and b&m comes back?Image

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on August 8th, 2016, 7:50 pm
^That was from 2006, when Shaprio was in charge. Those plans fell through, and the most recent ones are the current plan.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterMike on February 25th, 2017, 2:01 pm
Hard to believe that Goliath is already 3 years old this year. I remember like it was yesterday
CoasterMike

Postby BCarroll on February 26th, 2017, 12:32 pm
I know this is the "Goliath" thread, but X-Flight is 5 this year and I can't believe it's already 5!! Lol I remember so clearly the construction process, and how excited everyone was that we finally were receiving a new coaster!
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby staticshadows on November 12th, 2018, 1:35 pm
The park planning map for Six Flags Zhejiang (Haiyan) China was released and shows a Goliath clone with a maintenance road running through it (right side of the image). According to the Q3 2018 Earnings Call, the park is on track for an early 2020 opening.
staticshadows

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum