Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2016 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ConorTully on May 26th, 2016, 9:06 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Wait, was that today?!? Or was it just a soft opening?

"Buy a shirt get 3 hours ert" well worth it in my opinion. It totally blew my expectations away, and i went into it VERY skeptical. It also helps if youre going head to head with a friend, really takes it up a notch lol.
@silkymitts_ on Instagram

"Sir, please put your phone away."
ConorTully

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 27th, 2016, 12:26 am
In the 3 hours I rode it not one issue or problem either. Ran smooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby ilrider on May 27th, 2016, 8:42 am
^That's good news. It is still not running well in St. Louis this year from what I've read. Might just be the operations there as a whole, which were not good when we went last year.
ilrider

Postby stergmi on May 27th, 2016, 5:37 pm
ilrider wrote:^That's good news. It is still not running well in St. Louis this year from what I've read. Might just be the operations there as a whole, which were not good when we went last year.

I went last year for Fright Fest. Which actually wasn't operating since it was Sunday. Mine Train, Boomerang and Boss were closed in the morning. Mine Train broke down twice in the final hours of the day. Despite no single ride line being more than 30 minutes, Justice League was 90-120. A bunch of flats were closed as well.
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 27th, 2016, 6:49 pm
Rode this twice. It blew my already high expectations out if the water both times. It's so good! Must ride

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Coaster Justin on May 28th, 2016, 1:58 am
I love it but they have to cover the outdoor queue line fast.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on May 28th, 2016, 2:40 am
This is a great ride and it definetly exceeded my expectations. Was lucky enough to ride it twice today, getting the last car of the night for it as well.
Does anybody know what the extra target is that is worth 20,000 points?
I also thought it would be cool if we shared our highest scores on here. My highest score today was 251,706 points.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby stockboy300 on May 28th, 2016, 7:46 am
The line was way longer then I was will to wait. I didn't get to the park till 4. Going to try to ride early monday.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby hoju74 on May 28th, 2016, 9:12 am
Fun ride. Exceeded my expectations. My score was around 191,000.

That queue line is going to be miserable on those 90+ days.
hoju74

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 28th, 2016, 10:30 am
Yea waiting in that queue yesterday for a time was miserable. Since I rode it last year I already new what I was going into but this 2.0 version has absolutely blown my mind away. I know I'm repeating myself but this is going to be a huge hit!!

291,700 has been my highest so far

B&MGuy35

Postby Dmrbug on May 28th, 2016, 12:12 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:I love it but they have to cover the outdoor queue line fast.

And add bugs bunny cartoon TVs. My kid was crazy waiting an hour and a half.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Dmrbug

Postby RollingCoasting on May 28th, 2016, 6:14 pm
I didn't ride it when I was at the park today. Can someone who has been one the ride tell me how long the queue line is once you go in the Hall of Justice? Like is the there switchbacks or what?
RollingCoasting

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 28th, 2016, 6:16 pm
There are 2 rooms you go through once you enter the Hall. I'd say about a half hour once you're inside the building maybe a little less

B&MGuy35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 28th, 2016, 6:19 pm
I say 15 inside and 30 outside with the full queue block in the back(you know what I mean if you rode it), so 45 total, an hour with a 100% full queue, maybe an hour 15.

By the way, I rode today, my gun wasn't working and the Joker's cannon didn't have any smoke.

Yay.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby B&MGuy35 on May 28th, 2016, 6:22 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I say 15 inside and 30 outside with the full queue block in the back(you know what I mean if you rode it), so 45 total, an hour with a 100% full queue, maybe an hour 15.

By the way, I rode today, my gun wasn't working and the Joker's cannon didn't have any smoke.

Yay.

When we rode it on Friday only half of the outside queue was full and we waited just over a hour. So I'm thinking the full queue is more like 90 mins

B&MGuy35

Postby Jackluver18 on May 29th, 2016, 10:05 am
I throughly enjoyed it. For a first timer going on a ride like this, I got 138,400. I think I did pretty good.
SF trips 09 = 15
SF trips 10= 11
SF trips 11 =7
Jackluver18

Postby stockboy300 on May 29th, 2016, 11:40 am
Going to try the single rider line tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
stockboy300

Postby anewman35 on May 29th, 2016, 5:06 pm
Went today early, myself and my two kids all really liked it. The line was about 90 minutes with an almost full queue. I agree with some of the earlier posts, they really need to get some cover over that outdoor queue before it gets REALLY hot. They also don't have any sort of sign up yet about how long the line is, and people were asking the Flash Pass guy and he had no idea (and couldn't even answer questions like 'is there more line inside the building?"), so it would be nice to fix that.

I also wonder if "Metropolis Plaza" isn't quite done since the signage and scenery seem a bit lacking at the moment...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 29th, 2016, 5:18 pm
^Metropolis Plaza was just a way for SF to not have JL be a part of SWT. It's also too far out of the way to be considered County Fair, so yeah.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby anewman35 on May 29th, 2016, 6:36 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^Metropolis Plaza was just a way for SF to not have JL be a part of SWT. It's also too far out of the way to be considered County Fair, so yeah.

I know, but I thought they'd at least put a sign up or something (I didn't see the county fair side, but the SWT side didn't have one). And it seems kinda weird to have a pavement design like they do with nothing in the middle of it...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 30th, 2016, 1:14 pm
So Joker animatronic was straight up broken yesterday. No sound, no movement, just went straight for the fire.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby JaminOut on May 30th, 2016, 4:18 pm
Maybe your car didn't trip the sensor?

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby acutler on May 30th, 2016, 5:25 pm
The Joker animatronic was not working yesterday when I rode it.
acutler

Postby FParker185 on May 30th, 2016, 6:14 pm
wonder how many days until nothing is left working. I figure I'll ride it first thing next year in hopes of seeing what it's supposed to be like since I skipped the previews :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cryptkeeper on May 30th, 2016, 10:44 pm
When I was in line on preview day, the ride must have been down for at least 20 mins. as the line didn't move for 20 mins. During my first ride, the ride broke down for a minute or two after about half of the scenes ended

For my second ride of the day, I spaced out and didn't grab any 3d glasses (went in the single rider line this time and there aren't any glasses within reach from that line) and nor did any employees ask me if I had grabbed any and nor did anyone hand me any. Oh well.

For my 3rd ride of the day, I'm pretty sure I couldn't see my laser on any screen.

For the 4rd ride of the day, everything went fine.

I would say the ride accomplishes what it sets out to do. I didn't love it as much as others here seem to, but nor did I despise it. I think most people in the park will like it. It's just too bad we all know the park won't put much effort into keeping everything on the ride working well.

Oh, on another unrelated note, while I was in line for my 2nd or 3rd ride, I noticed someone ask permission to leave the line and come back (to go get a drink, go to the washroom, etc.), and the employee at the front of the line let her go...then he let her back in the line upon her return 10 or so minutes later. After I saw that, I contemplated asking an employee if I could take one of those new "line jumping is prohibited" signs down as the park must have made a mistake when they decided to put them up! :)
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum