Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

general public

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby moreflagsmorefun on August 29th, 2012, 7:06 pm
how about this is the official stupid things the gp say thread. somebody get this thing going
moreflagsmorefun

Postby DejaVu2001 on August 29th, 2012, 7:07 pm
This will be fun :D

This one, just wow. The one circled in green is the smart comment. The two around it are just two of many comments from this idiot.
Last edited by DejaVu2001 on August 29th, 2012, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterNick3157 on August 29th, 2012, 7:10 pm
Anything on Six Flags Facebook Pages.
CoasterNick3157

Postby Luxornv on August 29th, 2012, 7:32 pm
That first one of the Facebook comments is hilarious. I guess no one ever tries to get the free cups of water available at the concession stands with the soda fountains anymore?

I don't have any memorable ones that I have personally heard. It's all the general someone talking about ride stats and getting them wrong, or the stupid rumors that come up every season.
Luxornv

Postby 6Flags4Evr on August 29th, 2012, 7:52 pm
The only entertaining thing about waiting in long lines at SFGAm for me is that I always over hear all the dumb things the GP say about the park. Some of the things they say just make me laugh so hard I could die.
Can't live without Coasters!!!
6Flags4Evr

Postby sfgam#1 on August 29th, 2012, 7:59 pm
When I worked at the park, you would not believe how many times people called X-flight, X-factor ......
sfgam#1

Postby monsterfan99 on August 29th, 2012, 8:51 pm
Honestly, the Six Flags Great America GP is not that bad.
monsterfan99

Postby ViperFTW on August 29th, 2012, 8:56 pm
^ :shock:

No I'm just kidding, they actually are more tolerable than most other parks. Except for the moms in front of me in line for Eagle telling their kids that it has the steepest drop in the park, and they were pretty sure that it was taller than Raging Bull. They also claimed that V2 was the fastest in the world and mentioned that they were going to hit up Iron Wolf after they were done with Eagle. I wanted to follow them more and see their reaction about Iron Wolf, but they got off way earlier than me. I couldn't creep. :evil:
ViperFTW

Postby Necropolis on August 31st, 2012, 12:17 am
Yyyyeah theres a lot of weird odd people at the park who think they know everything of everything...not saying that I know everything. :lol:
Necropolis

Postby Radical-Illusion on April 30th, 2013, 3:13 am
sfgam#1 wrote:When I worked at the park, you would not believe how many times people called X-flight, X-factor ......

Good! so I'm not the only one who got annoyed with that!? :roll: I have to say, the one thing that I had a real good laugh at was last year someone was "Positive" that we were getting a 400ft ride where Wolf was. :lol:
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby Goku1910 on April 30th, 2013, 10:28 am
"We're going on train number yellow!"

"Let's go on the Iron Wolf!" Seriously? :lol:

Several X-FLIGHT Alternatives I heard: (While I worked there)
1. X-Men the Ride
2. FLIGHT-X
3. Spiderman Ride
4. X-MAN
5 The X-FACTOR

^My God.....
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby MForce4ever on April 30th, 2013, 1:22 pm
I remember several funny instances where enthusiasts condesendingly talked about the general public as if they weren't the general public themselves.
MForce4ever

Postby Necropolis on April 30th, 2013, 1:29 pm
OMG This thread is too funny!! :lol: :lol:

I seriously encounter stupid and slow people pretty much everytime I go to the park. I don't have time with such annoyances. Hicks, yuppies, white trash, ghetto, annoying white people, morons, idiots, complainers...yeah I think that sums of 75% of SFGAm's crowds.
Necropolis

Postby JimPanky on June 2nd, 2013, 9:07 am
Opening day (this year) I overheard 2 GPs discussing in great detail whether or not to ride Iron Wolf. One of them really liked the ride and other really didn't want to ride it because of the headbanging. I joined in the conversation and made sure to let them know that Iron Wolf doesn't exist. Would have been funny for them to get back there and only see the station and no coaster!
JimPanky

Postby Luxornv on June 2nd, 2013, 11:27 am
This one is from a park employee, not another guest at the park. While I was waiting at the gate on Opening Day, one of the employees was giving a survey to someone near by. One question was, "Is this your first visit to the park this year?" Now I realize that the guest could have possibly been at one of the buyouts in one of the weeks previous, but that's highly unlikely. I couldn't help but bust out laughing at the question. I also wouldn't count going to early bird pass processing as a visit.
Luxornv

Postby BBH on June 3rd, 2013, 6:12 pm
And the people at school... UUUGGGHHH.

Someone at school today maintained that they were taking down Eagle at the end of this year. :shock: Just....what?
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby JimPanky on May 28th, 2014, 12:33 pm
"Apparently this (X-Flight) is a carbon copy of Batman."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Postby jackparanoia on May 28th, 2014, 1:35 pm
It isn't?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
jackparanoia

Postby CoasterCale on May 28th, 2014, 1:41 pm
"We have to go on the Eagle, it's the oldest ride in the park. (Besides Sky Trek Tower)"- Somebody every year :roll:
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby kossdude1 on May 28th, 2014, 6:24 pm
"I wish Disney still owned the park" -heard this one once
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on May 28th, 2014, 6:56 pm
2 GP Stories:

2 weeks ago, I was riding Raging Bull, and was put in another group of three. Judging me by my age(disclosed), they were taunting me to leave now or I'll "Fall out of the seat" or "Think it's too high". 1/2 way up the lift hill, they realized this isn't the "Old wooden one". I have no idea how someone could mistake Raging Bull for Viper. They were screaming their heads off by the Pre-Drop.

Just yesterday, I was at school, walking down the hallway. Everyone knows I'm the team's(group of 4 main classes you go to that are next to/near each other) coaster enthusiast, so one of the popular kids and his 'gang' came up to me, not realizing Goliath was delayed, and asked me how it was. After I told him Goliath was delayed to around June 8th, he just... it was too funny to explain. All I can say is that now everyone knows that Goliath is delayed to June 8th. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing, but still. Expect a bunch of teens at Six Flags on June 8th.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Sporlo on May 28th, 2014, 8:01 pm
On May 24th around 9pm, the op of RB announced that they were only sending full trains from then on. I don't think a single train was full from that point on. Anyway, instead of filling people in from the line, people started reriding…

One of these reriders was this tiny Asian boy who yelled at the op to reset our front row because his lap bar didn't lock low enough for his comfort. I was like, "dude just hold on" but he was kinda freaking out for a second because our train was about to be sent. As a result of all that my lap bar got locked *too* low…

But speaking of Viper and Bull, I've seen multiple people mistake Bull for Viper and vice versa. Viper's queue confuses the heck out of people.
Sporlo

Postby Goku1910 on May 28th, 2014, 9:08 pm
Just heard this one recently:

*Points to Goliath
"That's not the Eagle thing is it?!"

my thoughts on this entire topic
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby BBH on May 28th, 2014, 9:15 pm
^ The confusion about Viper's queue is something I've noticed and don't understand. It's one line, how do people not get it? There's a giant "Viper" sign over the entrance to it and its entrance is nowhere near Bull's.
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby CoasterCale on May 28th, 2014, 10:34 pm
BBH wrote:^ The confusion about Viper's queue is something I've noticed and don't understand. It's one line, how do people not get it? There's a giant "Viper" sign over the entrance to it and its entrance is nowhere near Bull's.

People just see Raging Bull's first three drops in a relative area to Vipers sign, so they assume that the two go together. I guess they just just don't see the the giant wooden coaster in the distance.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum