Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm Official Goliath Insider Campaign Topic

A Off-Topic forum to discuss things that aren't related to the Amusement Park Industry.
Postby Galvan on November 8th, 2013, 1:45 pm
Six Flags Great America is running a contest to see who will become the official Goliath Construction Insider.

Details Here:

Six Flags Great America Goliath Insider Contest

We here are SFGAmWorld.com understand this maybe of tremendous interest to many of our members, So this topic was created as a place for you to Spread the word for your reasons in becoming the insider:

You may post your links and videos here on this topic ONLY.

Having this topic makes it easier for us to highlight your submissions on FB and Twitter!

Have Fun!
Galvan

Postby JimPanky on November 8th, 2013, 2:22 pm
If you enter make sure to keep it under a minute (read the rules). And if you already have youtube videos on Goliath or other updates on Goliath on here, fb, twitter, instagram, etc. I would include clips of that on your video to show what you are already updating on Goliath.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on November 8th, 2013, 2:35 pm
Who does everyone think would do well as the insider?
JimPanky

Postby scottydoesknow on November 8th, 2013, 8:50 pm
Hey guys!

I am entering the contest after I finish my video this weekend. Please help me win if you can. I will be working personally with the foreman of Rocky Mountain Construction to provide the best updates possible. He is a good friend of mine and is also endorsing me in my video. Once my video is done, I'll be posting it.
Scott Schaffer

SFGAm World's official YouTube producer
@upstopmedia

Goliath rides: 60
scottydoesknow

Postby raginbullrider on November 10th, 2013, 5:44 pm
Attention Friends, I am making a video for a contest hosted by Six Flags Great America/Hurricane Harbor and I would love to have your support. The contest is to find the ultimate roller coaster fan. The contest winner will not only be allowed into the construction area of the (New for 2014) Goliath Roller Coaster, but will also be given the opportunity to report any new construction news to Six Flags Fans through the Six Flags Great America Youtube Channel. Being a lifelong Roller Coaster Enthusiast winning this Contest would mean the world to me. I have also always had an obsession for creating and promoting roller coaster related media. Once My video is Done it will be subject to voting on the Great America Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica ... 4427800733. I will let you know when my video is posted and you can vote. please remember that every vote counts! Thank you for any and all support!

Facebook.com/techdave1992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzyNPF8K9Qs
Former Six Flags Ride Operator - 2008-2011. "The Whizzer Guy." Also Worked at Demon, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Carousel, Big Easy Balloons, King Chaos, Orbit, Wiggles, Hometown Fun Machine, Triple Play, Log Flumes. I make and edit amusement park videos under the name Techie Dave Productions
raginbullrider

Postby scottydoesknow on November 11th, 2013, 3:13 am
Finished up my shoot today. I'm not going to post it on Facebook until after the park approves it, but I would love to share with you guys. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_fiydUHHIg Let me know what you think!
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby T.K. on November 11th, 2013, 1:04 pm
Scott... you know how I feel... lmao.. you will always get my vote.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby scottydoesknow on November 11th, 2013, 2:36 pm
T.K. wrote:Scott... you know how I feel... lmao.. you will always get my vote.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm still waiting on approval from the park. As soon as I get approved, I'll share the link.
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby raginbullrider on November 11th, 2013, 2:46 pm
I have recieved park approval for my video. Please vote for David Vs. Goliath Here: https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica ... d%3D334327
Former Six Flags Ride Operator - 2008-2011. "The Whizzer Guy." Also Worked at Demon, Batman, Viper, Raging Bull, Carousel, Big Easy Balloons, King Chaos, Orbit, Wiggles, Hometown Fun Machine, Triple Play, Log Flumes. I make and edit amusement park videos under the name Techie Dave Productions
raginbullrider

Postby Galvan on November 11th, 2013, 2:59 pm
What was the process like?
Galvan

Postby scottydoesknow on November 11th, 2013, 5:21 pm
Hey guys, check out my video and PLEASE VOTE if you like it! https://www.facebook.com/SFGreatAmerica?sk=app_256584427800733&app_data=entry_id%3D336089
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby JimPanky on November 11th, 2013, 9:21 pm
I voted. In my opinion Scott is the best candidate by far. Go watch the videos.
I officially endorse Scott for Goliath Insider. Vote Scott!
Also, go like the fb page I created to promote Scott: https://www.facebook.com/ScottSchafferGoliathInsider.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on November 12th, 2013, 12:55 am
Worlders should also take interest in Scott because Scott worked on the WGN story that got SFGAmWorld.com on WGN. Im guessing if Scott is the insider he will mention the site (if he can). If Marcus can Im guessing he would like to show Scott's insider stuff on WGN which would in turn get the site back on tv. The insider stuff may get picked up by other news reports as well.
JimPanky

Postby scottydoesknow on November 12th, 2013, 3:57 am
JimPanky wrote:Worlders should also take interest in Scott because Scott worked on the WGN story that got SFGAmWorld.com on WGN. Im guessing if Scott is the insider he will mention the site (if he can). If Marcus can Im guessing he would like to show Scott's insider stuff on WGN which would in turn get the site back on tv. The insider stuff may get picked up by other news reports as well.

Jim,

Thank you for everything. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. The fan page looks great! I am blessed to have people like you in my life. I don't know what my limitations will be upon winning, but I ABSOLUTELY plan on incorporating SFGAm World as much as I can. You guys are like a second family to me. Thanks again for your support. It means the world.
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby scottydoesknow on November 13th, 2013, 4:58 pm
Voting is still deactivated on the contest. Has anyone heard anything?
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby scottydoesknow on November 13th, 2013, 6:48 pm
Six Flags Great America has changed the parameters of the contest. Now, the contest is being judged by a panel of brand experts as well as the management team at SFGAm. Interesting... I wonder why the sudden change?
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby FParker185 on November 13th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Prob mostly obvious hardcore nerds entering the contest, which would not be good for the brand image.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby scottydoesknow on November 13th, 2013, 11:37 pm
FParker185 wrote:Prob mostly obvious hardcore nerds entering the contest, which would not be good for the brand image.

Seems to be the trend, myself included.
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby JimPanky on December 4th, 2013, 9:16 pm
Canceled
JimPanky

Postby raginbullrider on December 11th, 2013, 12:03 am
http://youtu.be/04ff3jadq-A Everyone who Entered the contest Got a tour of the goliath construction area on 12/9/13. Figured i would share my video update here
raginbullrider

Postby JimPanky on December 11th, 2013, 12:40 am
k how bout next time choosing 1 thread to post it in

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk
JimPanky

Return to Off-Topic Forum