Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm to be featured in local made movie.

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Chitown on December 6th, 2006, 10:03 pm
It doesn't go into detail but a local movie maker who wrote the movie "Dragonheart" is creating a film based on the 1970's and filiming in Gurnee, Waukegan, etc..

One of the paragraphs states that they are making Great America look a little different than what it is today.

Nothing really detailed on the park being in the movie but somewhat interesting. Keep your eye out for this film and maybe they will make SFGAm look like when it opened in 1976.

http://www.dailyherald.com/news/lakesto ... c=l&tc=&t=
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby FRD714 on December 6th, 2006, 10:29 pm
Interesting. Hopefully we see some Marriott's stuff brought back.
Frank
FRD714

Postby Director_Guy on December 7th, 2006, 12:55 am
Maybe they'll have some contest to have people be in it......

eh....prolly not.
Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking, isn't thinking of.
Director_Guy

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on December 7th, 2006, 9:13 am
It sounds pretty cool. I hope they do a good job. If they need people for the movie I have long hair and side burns so I would fit the 70's look.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Trailblazer Tony on December 7th, 2006, 1:05 pm
Well, I'm pretty sure that they aren't gonna make it look like Marriot's Great America, I doubt their focus is on making it look like Great America at all. They will probably be using one of the themed lands as the setting or something.
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby rb1 on December 7th, 2006, 7:52 pm
It better be a good movie. Iron Wolf was featured in Richie Rich the movie with McCauly Caulkin.
rb1

Postby rct2wizard360 on December 7th, 2006, 8:20 pm
Trailblazer Tony wrote: They will probably be using one of the themed lands as the setting or something.

Yes they are themed better than most of the Six Flags Parks, but come on, they aren't movie set worth.

They probably wouldn't go past the bridges.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby [jonrev] on May 4th, 2023, 3:16 pm
Forgive the necropost but I'm pretty sure this thread is where I first heard of this movie. It's called 5-25-77 and it was finally released last year, after 18 years in production. Great America does make a few appearances. It will screen locally in a double-feature with Star Wars on May 20th, at the old Belvidere Mall Cinema in Waukegan: https://reelchicago.com/article/star-wa ... e-with-qa/

Trailer
Attachments
52577 BCG.jpg
[jonrev]

Postby HCF on May 5th, 2023, 5:41 pm
[jonrev] wrote:Forgive the necropost but I'm pretty sure this thread is where I first heard of this movie. It's called 5-25-77 and it was finally released last year, after 18 years in production. Great America does make a few appearances. It will screen locally in a double-feature with Star Wars on May 20th, at the old Belvidere Mall Cinema in Waukegan: https://reelchicago.com/article/star-wa ... e-with-qa/

Trailer

That's so cool! I'll go check it out, thanks for the necropost!
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum