Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

No Coaster Con 2009

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby BrianPlencner on November 17th, 2008, 7:07 pm
It may be a bit early to be thinking about 2009, but I wanted to pass on that the event flier is now up on ACE's webpage.

http://www.aceonline.org/fliers/NCC2009.pdf

Location is the same as it was last year (Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, Willowbrook, IL). Event Schedule and registration price is below

EVENT SCHEDULE
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM..........Check-In
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM......Conference
12:30 PM - 2:00 PM...............Lunch
2:00 PM - 6:00 PM......Conference

REGISTRATION
Postmarked by January 6, 2009
Member..............................................$32
Member under 12...............................$25
Non-Member ......................................$47
Non-Member under 12.......................$40

ACE Members can also register on-line as well.

As always, No Coaster Con is a fun event and a good way to catch up with your coaster friends during the off-season.

Hope to see you there!

--Brian
BrianPlencner

Postby tp41190 on November 17th, 2008, 11:58 pm
Ill be there!

Oh yeah, does anyone remember what the sign said this past year...

I though it was

"American Coaster
Enthusiasts
Scuba Divers"

:lol:
[read]
tp41190

Postby ben_the_bear on November 18th, 2008, 12:26 pm
I won't be able to make it this year.

People still owe me money for last year. Plus I need to use my acestore giftcard.
Track Record=467
Park: 103
Steel: 363
Wood: 104
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on November 18th, 2008, 3:06 pm
^Yeah what a cheap ass :lol:

You haven't used your gift card yet??? Was that when our team, for jeopardy, won against the old people?
[read]
tp41190

Postby MForce4ever on November 18th, 2008, 10:00 pm
I'll be there as usual, should be fun as always...
I'm irreverent and stuff...
MForce4ever

Postby ben_the_bear on November 18th, 2008, 10:26 pm
With my luck they'll end up giving away something really cool this year. There really wasn't anything all that great last year besides the food and hanging out with you guys before and after.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on November 18th, 2008, 11:30 pm
Yeah, I think it was cool though that out team won Jeopardy :D

Especially the winning question that the old people didn't know....but some how you did.
[read]
tp41190

Postby ben_the_bear on November 18th, 2008, 11:35 pm
No M_force won it- not me. And it was ACE Feud, not Jeopardy. :mrgreen:

I don't even know how we one. The other team was totally cheating. Jim Jewel's wife was mouthing the answers to him. I was like what are you doing!! We still beat them though. Karma I guess.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on November 18th, 2008, 11:39 pm
^Jeopardy....Fued....whatever same thing.

But uh, I was mouthed the winning question because it was my turn ;)
[read]
tp41190

Postby ben_the_bear on November 18th, 2008, 11:42 pm
They weren't even secretive about it. It was like "hey JIM!!!! The answer is phoenix!! If someone takes that then go with primevil whirl!!" They can't even cheat right.

Anyways, tell me how it is.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on November 18th, 2008, 11:44 pm
Oh yeah, was his wife in the audience?

..thats makes sense.

"Name a park with great hospitality"...all the good ones were taken....then "Epcot"? HAHAHA

Yeah, I cant think on my feet :lol:
[read]
tp41190

Postby ben_the_bear on November 18th, 2008, 11:47 pm
Yeah I was like um what's hospitality. :oops:

Yeah we shouldn't have had you on our team. You kinda sucked at it.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on November 18th, 2008, 11:49 pm
There was only 2 question, 1 in each round, that I really didn't know...besides, you guys didn't know either :P
[read]
tp41190

Postby FParker185 on November 21st, 2008, 4:21 pm
$47?!?

ACE can suck my big fat hairy....
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on November 21st, 2008, 5:35 pm
Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Anyway I don't know if I'll attend, I wasn't really liked there, I'm not an ACE Member and I probably could have won that game they did with the teams by myself. I'm that Good, I knew almost every answer. If you don't remember me I was the one that said:

- Why did you name the Coaster "Flight Deck"
- Is Six Flags Great America going to put anymore videos on Youtube.com
- To Kennywood and Waldameer: Can you buy Conneaut Lake Park
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby tp41190 on November 21st, 2008, 6:25 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Anyway I don't know if I'll attend, I wasn't really liked there, I'm not an ACE Member and I probably could have won that game they did with the teams by myself. I'm that Good, I knew almost every answer. If you don't remember me I was the one that said:

- Why did you name the Coaster "Flight Deck"
- Is Six Flags Great America going to put anymore videos on Youtube.com
- To Kennywood and Waldameer: Can you buy Conneaut Lake Park
- Can you guys open up Conneaut Lake so me and my mom can ride Blue Streak
- Can we get free tickets to (insert park)

I remember!
[read]
tp41190

Postby ben_the_bear on December 9th, 2008, 1:32 pm
Yeah, we remember you. When your teachers in elementary school told you that there's no such thing as a stupid question you really took that to heart, didn't you? :lol:

FParker, the $47 fee is kindof a ripoff, but $40 for a member isn't really that bad. If you think about it, it's not too bad of a deal. It's an all you can eat buffet, with good food, so that's a value of $10+. Then you get free stuff like pins, bags, admission, etc from the different parks. If you're lucky you can get t shirts. Overall it's a lot of fun. It's not priced as well as the coaster riding events, but it's still not too bad.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on December 9th, 2008, 2:36 pm
^I hope SFKK isnt there this year...well i kind of hope they do so I can laugh at them again.

The one old midget was throwing the T-shirt and it hit a light and landed on top of the old grandma. Then she was all "OHHH MY NECK"!!! When her husband tried grabbing it :lol:

Then the PR person for SFKK looked like she just got injected with botox and her face was pricless when asked of Superman Power of Tower! "What is going to be in place of the foot print of the tower".

And seriously, they talked about there new bowl slide for 45 mins :?
[read]
tp41190

Postby FParker185 on December 13th, 2008, 5:40 am
Back in the 90's the door prizes were a lot better at NCC. And I don't really remember ever having good food at a NCC, acceptable at the very best which would basically be back at the Marriott, though after raiding the hotel bar, it'd be a little better, but in order to make the food be decent I have to include the alochol tab in the event price. Really they should move it to a decent high school auditorium, have no food, have a reasonable price and an AV guy who actually knows something about what he's doing and give an hour for lunch so people can get whatever food they want, where they want at whatever price they are willing to pay. The event itself would literally be able to be put on at the cost of $10-$15 a person which is about what it's worth.

I may still go if only for the outside possibility that KI may offer attendees something that interests me in springtime, though if Siebert was still with KI I know he'd have what I want and it'd be a sure thing, though for now I'd say 50/50 chance of me going. Also if Siebert is presenting again, maybe he'll do what he did every other year when he was with PKI and do an after party with unlimited free liquor/beer, though I'm guessing I'm one of only probably 3-4 people on this board who could and would take advantage of that, though everyone else can just trust me that nothing compares to getting completely and utterly trashed with Jeff Siebert, Maureen Kaiser and Tom Rebbie amongst others :D
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cryptkeeper on December 13th, 2008, 12:23 pm
I have to concurr w/ FParker185 above.

NCC used to be awesome! The presenters actually spent time preparing, offered great door prizes, and the day, overall, woudl be a blast - even if long. Jeff Siebert of KI, John Robinson of IB, Susan Story/Michelle Hoffman of SFGAm, and Bryan Edwards of CP could be relied on, USUALLY, to give amazing presentations and some would have great door prizes or, in Siebert's case, every other year, he would put together a DVD and free tickets for all NCC attendees, and also throw an after party every other year! Hell, one year they even flew in a BORG from the Star Trek Experience out in Vegas (at least I think that is where it's at). But all that is gone now that most of these presenters are no longer attending, and the ones who do attend, over-all, don't really appear to care to be there that much as they don't seem to prepare.

Heck, even Tom Rebbie, who used to be hilarious in years past, has toned down his act a bit during his presentations. I know he's not there to tell jokes, but IMHO, anyone who is a presenter at this event is there to ENTERTAIN and enlighten all attendes, and there is less and less of that going on every year, and I would expect this year to be one of the worst of them all w/ so little going on in the industry w/ local parks in 2009.
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby ben_the_bear on December 13th, 2008, 3:01 pm
I see where you guys are coming from. I've only been in ACE since 2005 and I've been to 3 NCC's. Over the last 3 years I've seen some really crappy presentations from some parks that really shouldn't have been there in the first place. Last year Key Lime Cove and SFKK should not have been there. I mean seriously who wants to hear about an indoor waterpark and new waterslides at a coaster event? Also Key Lime Cove wouldn't give my friend one of their 'cool' hats when he asked them. What a bunch of jerks :lol:

I thought the lunch was good. I mean at old country buffet it's like $12 usually and golden corale is a little bit more. So it's not too bad for all you can eat (it was all you can eat last year). I think that they should have a dinner or at least something to munch one around dinnertime because they go so late with it.
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on December 13th, 2008, 4:32 pm
^I know last year I think we went to the gas station and got some chips and soda...but walking outside when it was -5 degrees wasn't fun.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Coaster Justin on December 13th, 2008, 7:03 pm
I did/ have been there and have said some good questions and not the Stupid Repeats that ACErs kept asking Key Lime Cove.

- I asked Key Lime Cove if SFGAm/Gurnee Area residents could get a Discount.
- I reminded SFGAm that Trailblazer was being removed.

Also, I Dont get why everyone makes fun of Marty.

Also, why do they have to Pick January as the time for NCC, Is Febuary too much?

Also, if there is a CoasterFeud Game or Whatever it is, Let Single Players play. Those Questions were so darn easy, my Mom who is a CoasterPhobic knew almost all the answers. Seeing some people get them wrong was kinda sad to be Honest.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby cycamps on December 13th, 2008, 11:13 pm
I've never gone to this before. For those that have gone before, is it worth it?
cycamps

Postby ben_the_bear on December 14th, 2008, 12:18 am
Coaster Justin wrote:Also, if there is a CoasterFeud Game or Whatever it is, Let Single Players play. Those Questions were so darn easy, my Mom who is a CoasterPhobic knew almost all the answers. Seeing some people get them wrong was kinda sad to be Honest.

It's supposed to be a team game. That's what makes it fun. And don't be jealous that I won an ACE giftcard :P
Track Record=467
ben_the_bear

Next

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum