Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Hotel Breakers

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby ttd rox on March 14th, 2008, 11:02 am
This August I'm taking a trip up to Cedar Point again. I'm thinking about just leaving with my dad around 2:30, checking in at Hotel Breakers (never been to that hotel) around 8:40 or so then waiting till 9:00 to get in the park early. I know that you can get discounts off of adult tickets to the park at the front desk but how is the hotel? I'm staying on the cheaper side where it's only 154 dollars a night and I'm only staying one night. I'm staying on the side with no elevator excess and was wondering how that side was. Also, about how much do they discount your tickets? Thanks!
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby cycamps on March 14th, 2008, 4:42 pm
The whole hotel is pretty nice, you'll have a good stay. However, if you want really nice rooms, stay at Sandcastle. That's where I've been staying.
cycamps

Postby ttd rox on March 14th, 2008, 5:44 pm
Alright, I'll try looking up info on Sandcastle at CP. Do you still get discounts on adult tickets and about how much do they give you off of the adult tickets?
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

ttd rox

Postby Dmrbug on March 14th, 2008, 6:25 pm
its worth staying at Breakers. You are in the middle of the park, and can't be any closer. When entering the park go to the entrance towards the front gate not the one near the water park. They let you in the park up to a rope before the national anthem wile the one near the water park takes tickets after the national anthem.

In the old section of the hotel don't expect a nice room. When I stayed there last year the door actually fell off the hinges. Also there where not enough plugs in the room, bring a power strip with you. To watch TV I had to unplug the the desk light. If I wanted to charge my cell phone I could not watch TV. We didn't spend to much time in the room, only really to sleep. The pool is nice and the beach is clean, defiantly take advantage of them.
Dmrbug

Postby ttd rox on March 14th, 2008, 7:15 pm
I'm only going to use the room to sleep in, get a discount off tickets, and to get on selected rides early. I'm still curious how much money you get off the tickets at the fron desk.

Also, how old is the older side of Hotel Breakers?

ttd rox

Postby Dmrbug on March 14th, 2008, 8:02 pm
Hotel Breakers was opened in 1905 As for discount give them a call. I am sure it changes year to year.
Dmrbug

Postby ttd rox on March 15th, 2008, 11:14 am
So you are saying that side I'm gonna sty on is from 1905? Please say they've renovated it since then! :shock:

ttd rox

Postby Dmrbug on March 16th, 2008, 10:24 pm
^ the shower was new, the bed was comfortable and the AC worked. We where OK with how old the room was. Was well worth it because it was so close to the park.
Dmrbug

Postby [jonrev] on March 16th, 2008, 11:43 pm
The hotel itself was pretty average, but the view of the park I had was awesome:
[jonrev]

Postby ttd rox on March 17th, 2008, 8:08 pm
^Thanks for the pic! Corkscrew looks super small in that pic! I'm not really looking forward to the older side of the hotel it self but the beach it has.

ttd rox

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum