Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Day - 4/26/08

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby tp41190 on April 17th, 2008, 10:39 am

I am happy to see this. But because its more then a week away it will probaly change. But if it was like this I would be VERY happy :)
[read]
tp41190

Postby ttd rox on April 19th, 2008, 10:56 am
^Do you think if that happens they will eep some rides open such as Bull? I hope so! If it comes true, it won't be busy! :D I just heard that Conty Fair will be closed. Is that true? On opening day I want to AE badly! :|
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby sfgam1992 on April 19th, 2008, 11:05 am
It will open up at 11:00.
sfgam1992

Postby ttd rox on April 19th, 2008, 4:40 pm
^Thanks. Jonrev cleared that up to me. Well I guess they don't get that busy until then anyways and since it's to save money. Well, sorry I got off-topic.I'll take pics of Vu's old spot and get some pics of TDK when I go opening day. Who else is going?
Last edited by ttd rox on April 20th, 2008, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

ttd rox

Postby Trailblazer Tony on April 20th, 2008, 3:49 pm
Well, thanks to my stupid major and my stupid projects, I have now cancelled my overnight package at Keylime for the 26th-27th and can't go on opening day! :evil: :cry:
RIP: Trailblazer and Deja Vu...heck, even Alien Encounter :(

Fangs Up Cobra Style!!!

Chitown's finest resident here!!!!!
Trailblazer Tony

Postby rct2wizard360 on April 20th, 2008, 8:10 pm
Well I'll no longer be going Saturday, and going Sunday instead.

Have fun you guys!
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby yankee Clipper91 on April 20th, 2008, 8:12 pm
Only less than a week to go.
Rip Sky whirl (1976-2000)
yankee Clipper91

Postby superflybri on April 24th, 2008, 1:28 am
Hmm.. I still don't know if I'm getting a season pass this year. I might be Great America out for this year, anyways, I probably will, but then again I have a new internship that will not allow me to get out that much. AHH! I don't know what to do, what to do? I do live like 30 minutes from SFstl. but for the summer/end of May, SFgam is my home park. The earliest I think I could/would go to Great America is after memorial day and by then it's usually really crowded.
superflybri

Postby traincrossing9 on April 25th, 2008, 8:10 am
Just a few questions...
1. How busy is Six Flags opening day?
2. How many rides are usually closed?
3. Was Six Flags hit by that huge thunderstorm we had in Milwaukee last night?
4. How can you get the best discount?
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby superflybri on April 25th, 2008, 8:32 am
1. Really depends, recent trends, opening day has been getting more popular and busier but then again the park is opening up about a week earlier then previous years.
2. Well, That also depends; All the coasters should be up and running, I know the blue side of American Eagle is down. There is sections (towards back of park that will not open until 11) Other then that you won't be able to tell until you get there. Was there a specific ride you were hoping that would be open?
3. I actually do not know
4. Get a season pass! If you go to the park just twice it pays for the pass. Otherwise if you go to sixflags.com you are able to print off tickets for $39.99, Tickets at the gate are $54.99. Season passes at the gate or online are $89.99 for individual and $84.99 for family 4 pack. To me getting a season pass is great! You can go to what ever sixflags park you want and as many times as you want. Other then that, I really do not think six flags has "deals". They run promotions such as; Save $15.00 at the gate and stuff like that.
superflybri

Postby tp41190 on April 25th, 2008, 8:51 am
^^ The park was in the line of the thunderstorm that came threw last night. But I dont think its a big deal. Everything in the park was made for outside use and can handle storms.

Although, I am worried about driving down today at 3:00pm right when the severe thunderstorm is supposed to hit. But its going to be 25mph winds going south. And if I make a sail and go south on 43/I-94 I should get great gas mileage :D
[read]
tp41190

Postby traincrossing9 on April 25th, 2008, 9:44 am
superflybri wrote:2. Well, That also depends; All the coasters should be up and running, I know the blue side of American Eagle is down. There is sections (towards back of park that will not open until 11) Other then that you won't be able to tell until you get there. Was there a specific ride you were hoping that would be open?
4. Get a season pass! If you go to the park just twice it pays for the pass. Otherwise if you go to sixflags.com you are able to print off tickets for $39.99, Tickets at the gate are $54.99. Season passes at the gate or online are $89.99 for individual and $84.99 for family 4 pack. To me getting a season pass is great! You can go to what ever sixflags park you want and as many times as you want. Other then that, I really do not think six flags has "deals". They run promotions such as; Save $15.00 at the gate and stuff like that.

No, I just wans't sure that they would have everything open on opening day. I found this on some other forum. Appharently you can use the promo code COLDSTONE to get $30 tickets. Sweet deal!
13 - GateKeeper
14 - Millennium Force
15 - Enchanted Tales with Belle
traincrossing9

Postby ttd rox on April 25th, 2008, 4:02 pm
yankee Clipper91 wrote:Only less than a week to go.

Lets change that to less than a day now! :wink: :D

What are the average wait times for opening day and especially since it's going to be in the 40's and 50's but feels like in the 30's? What is usually the busiest coaster (besides SUF) Not to much longer until Bull! :D It's going to be my very first time riding in the back on Bull as well!

ttd rox

Postby rctfan1556 on April 25th, 2008, 7:47 pm
ttd rox wrote:
yankee Clipper91 wrote:Only less than a week to go.

Lets change that to less than a day now! :wink: :D

What are the average wait times for opening day and especially since it's going to be in the 40's and 50's but feels like in the 30's? What is usually the busiest coaster (besides SUF) Not to much longer until Bull! :D It's going to be my very first time riding in the back on Bull as well!

Tom will be mostly sunny with a high near 54 and breezy winds of 20mph.
This is where I would usually put stuff. Can't think of anything right now... =/
rctfan1556

Location: My Location is secret. You can't haz! *Hides Location* *Hint: Follow the clues* ;D

Postby FRD714 on April 26th, 2008, 8:23 am
Yeah, not even worth the trip today. Maybe next week.
Frank
FRD714

Previous

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum