Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Planing my first trip to cedar point any suggestions?

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby maneuverman on January 10th, 2005, 2:06 am
My wife and kids are planing a trip to cedar point on july 2 2005 and staying until the 6th or 7th at camp sandusky. At 60 bucks or so for entrance fees we have decided to purchase season passes with the genuda lake upgrades since we plan on visting the parks more than once. At camp sandusky we have decided to get a cabin instead of camp. Anyway does anyone have any suggestions or tips for me since this will be my very fist trip outside of our beloved SFGAM :lol: . I want to ride them all at cedar point and genuda lake most definetly TTD and the coveted millenium force.
Maneuverman.. pulling high altitude loops and zero g maneuvers every weekend.
maneuverman

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 10th, 2005, 5:06 pm
I think you can get into the park early if you stay at one of Cedar Point's hotels, so you can get in an hour early. But check up on it, because the last time I went, was 3 years ago.
sixflagsguy5

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 10th, 2005, 5:41 pm
^ Yeah, if you stay at one of the resorts you can get in a half hour early.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on January 10th, 2005, 5:47 pm
You can ride all the coasters once in two days. So on the first day I would say just do coasters and on the second day do coasters and flats. Cedar Point is a great park and you will have a good time.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby SFGA 11 on January 10th, 2005, 7:14 pm
DejaVuGurl1203 wrote:^ Yeah, if you stay at one of the resorts you can get in a half hour early.

Actually its an hour early. Its a really good plus if you stay at the resorts. I got in a bunch of rides before the park opened on both of my visits.
SFGA 11

Postby Sireze on January 10th, 2005, 8:05 pm
A few Suggestions:
1. Get at the park 10/30 minutes prior to the opening
2. When you start to go to Cedars Point, You should wake up early to avoid traffic (I mean from chicago to Cedars Point) like at 5:00 Am or 4:00 Am
3. Be sure to check in at your hotel by the check in time!

Have Fun!

P.S. July 6 is my Brithday! YAY!
From being one of the class geeks in 8th grade to one of the most noticable ones in High School. Thats what you call "Steppin Yo Game Up!"
Sireze

Postby SFGAmfreak4life on January 10th, 2005, 9:05 pm
4:00 am sounds better because its about a 5.5-6 hour drive from chicago. So if youre close to the hotel you can get to the park in time for opening.
R.I.P. Deja Vu 10/07/01-10/28/07
SFGAmfreak4life

Postby Carlo on January 10th, 2005, 9:05 pm
1. Staying onsite at the camp ground or hotels is the best option, you get in early and you don’t have all the traffic trying to get into the point in the morning.

2. Don’t expect much from the park, everyone seems to love the park because of the great coasters, but there are things that SFGAM does better, like theme, Shows and Food.
Carlo
Carlo

Postby The Beast on January 10th, 2005, 9:36 pm
Heres a game plan:
Hit TTD if you get there early enough
Magnum
Gemini
Mean Streak
Cedar Creek
Thats a good game plan if you start with Magnum you should be able to hit them within an hour. Go back and hit the front of the park around 2 or so. TTD is really hit or miss so just check on it around the day. I hope this helps :lol:
Justin
The Beast

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 11th, 2005, 7:29 pm
Are you're kids tall enough to ride all of the Roller Coaters?
sixflagsguy5

Postby Shockwave8802 on January 11th, 2005, 7:37 pm
My advice with any visit to a theme park is:

1) work you way from the back of the park down.
2) Eat lunch early, that way when it is 12:00 you can hit a few rides when their lines arnt that long.

Some info you should know about cedar point

1) Lines are much longer than what they are at GA (we are talking up to 3 houres for raptor on a weekday)
2)Blue streak may look exciting and thrilling, but its not

Well thats my impute on the matter.
Was stupid, got banned. Created a new name and admited I was a person who got banned....so I got banned again.
Shockwave8802

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 11th, 2005, 7:44 pm
Blue Streak is one of my favorite wooden coasters.
sixflagsguy5

Postby CoasterDave316 on January 11th, 2005, 7:48 pm
The best advice I can give you is to wait in the very long looking lines for Freeway. The lines might look like they are very long just to get a handstamp but at most it usually takes 10 minutes to get a handstamp....and with the handstamp you can get to the front of very long lines on Millennium Force and Dragster.

When you get into the park I suggest finding out what time they start giving away the freeway stamps for each ride.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby sixflagsguy5 on January 17th, 2005, 6:43 pm
When I went with my family in 2002, they had child swap passes. If one of your kids isn't tall enough for one of the rides, or doesn't want to go on, then I would suggest getting one of those. It's made so that you could ride with your child, and then when your rides over, your wife rides with the same kid, while you wait in the exit. I liked the system alot, because I got double rides on magnum X-L. And you can also just say that your wife and kids are at the exit, even if they are not really riding. So if both kids want to ride, you can pretend that there is a baby and wife at the exit, and then one of your kids can get two rides.
sixflagsguy5

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum