Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Summer 2010 Trip

Going to a park and want to meet up with other members of this site. Feel free to post where you will be going!
Postby Cole on January 9th, 2010, 12:17 pm
Im really sorry if this is in the wrong place, please move it if it is.

Well, me and my buddy Josh (No Limits) are planning to go a big trip to lots of diffrent parks to the east.
We've decided to drive through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsilvanyia, New Jersey, Conneticut, Massachucets, and possibly Virgina
So far we've decided to hit these parks for sure....
Kings Island
Cedar Point
SFGAD
SFNE

We arent sure what other parks to go to yet...
Do you guys have any suggestions on places we should go? Any side stops we should make? Please give us your opinion.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Cole on January 11th, 2010, 6:18 pm
Really sorry for the DP... but can someone please give me some suggestions?? :?
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on January 12th, 2010, 3:42 am
Well not knowing your exact route, I can only offer some suggestions on the East Coast., also from what you listed I can assume you will drive though New York as well, so in no particular order.

Rye Playland, Rye New York old but relevant collection of rides, nice old park, lots of art deco there.
Coney Island- with no traffic it's about an hour south of Rye, if you've never been there you should go.
Lake Compounce, Boulderdash preferably at night is reason enough to go there. Also don't forget to do the skyride, it's a must.
Six Flags New England, I cant stand the new trains but Bizarro is enough of a draw there, also Cyclone in the back seat is pretty wild.
Canobie Lake in New Hampshire- was there for the first time this year, it's a really cool park. I liked it alot, rides are good, but he park is loaded with lots of old fashioned charm.
Quassy- quick credit stop, mouse is pretty unique and decrepit (no single riders, ever!)
Jersey Shore Parks in Seaside Heights, Ocean City and Wildwood, each of the piers tends to have at least something unique and worth riding, also I love the Jersey Coast atmosphere.
SFGAdv- lots of kickass coasters, but be out of the park before it gets dark. Trust me on that.
Hershey- Awesome park good rides
Dorney- Yeah, they got stuff and whatnot. Talon is pretty decent.
Del Grosso's - in Tipton,PA nice little park, awesome food, rides are good, awesome minigolf there also it's near..
Lakemont- Ok ride selection, of course they have Leap the Dips, the oldest coaster around, Skyliner is ok also. Don't ride the paddle boats. Very cheap to get in, I think normal price for POP is like $9 and they frequently have sales.
Knoebels- I'm sure you've heard all about it, it's a sweet park, highly recommended.
Six Flags America- they got....well I guess... you know what, don't bother unless you pass by it.
if VA comes into the equation...
BGW- Mindblowing park, even going out of your way it's worth it.
PKD- It's not far from BGW. Only Mack bobsled in the US (bobsled with the long train rather than single car)

Those are only suggestions, there are more I'm sure I'm forgetting, I basically did all these (and more, except for SFA, PKD and BGW) on a trip I did last July. I dont regret going to any of them and would gladly visit any of them again.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 12th, 2010, 7:12 pm
Thanks a bunch. We were going to plan our route on the parks we were going to hit.
Could you give us 6-8 parks to hit for sure? That would help us alot with our research.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on January 12th, 2010, 9:23 pm
You looking for good coasters? alot of credits? nice parks? historic stuff? bad parks but with a lot of rides?
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 13th, 2010, 5:46 pm
75% Coasters.

25% History.
:lol:
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on January 13th, 2010, 5:56 pm
Start in Chicago drive to Lakemont and DelGrossos, from there Knoebels, Hershey, Dorney, SFGAdv(remember, out before nightfall), Rye Playland, Jersey Piers, day at Moreys, then half day for the rest, then head up to Lake Compounce, SFNE, Canobie Lake then head back hitting Great Escape, Seabreeze, Waldameer, Conneaut Lake Park, and CP on the way home.

There you go, an easy 7-10 day trip, if you've never been to any of those parks then you have roughly 100-120 credits right there, and there is a little bit of quality thrown in.
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 13th, 2010, 6:24 pm
^^ Thank you so much. I will definatley use this when planning, thanks a ton again.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby tp41190 on January 14th, 2010, 12:17 pm
From what I learned this summer Quality > Quantity. Sure you can go to a park that has 15 credits. But that might be the worst day of the trip. Sometimes the small parks are the best parks.

Yeah it's also nice and get tons of credits, but all that does is change a number by your name on a website. However, you could get half as many credits and actually have a lot of fun on your trip. What kind of memories would you rather have last a lifetime? Being at a fun park, having fun? Or being stressed out trying to ride 15 coaster (7 of which are clones or kiddies) and being too rushed to have fun?
[read]
tp41190

Postby onyxhotel08 on January 17th, 2010, 10:09 pm
What is it with Six Flags Great Adventure and being out by night fall?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Cole on January 18th, 2010, 7:36 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:What is it with Six Flags Great Adventure and being out by night fall?

So he can ride the rides without anyone there. :lol:
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on January 19th, 2010, 6:40 pm
I personally don't feel like getting shot or assaulted (for the 3'rd time)
FParker185

Postby bobbinbop20 on January 20th, 2010, 10:09 pm
FParker185 wrote:I personally don't feel like getting shot or assaulted (for the 3'rd time)

3rd time? Do share!

I also feel that SFGAd is an out by night type place, that place is just way to ghetto.
185 Credits!

X2, El Toro, Diamondback!
bobbinbop20

Postby FParker185 on January 20th, 2010, 11:19 pm
Well one time back in 01 in line for nitro, a guy (black for the record, though that should be assumed at SFGAdv) line jumped, then 2, 3, 4 more went up, then we stopped the rest (there were literally 10-15 of them total), it ended up with a fistfight involving several members of the group I was with, Security said we were racist for not letting them line jump and there was nothing they could or would do. This past year, basically same story except this time I was with a different group of people who didn't believe in leaving as the sun went down, and this time their was a group of people waiting on the exit stairs of ElToro waiting for us to kick our asses. We spent 3 hours in security filling out paperwork. One improvement though was security was on our side.
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 21st, 2010, 4:19 pm
Yes, when i went in October, their were alot of Questionable people there.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby FParker185 on January 21st, 2010, 5:18 pm
Yeah, I'm not trying to be racist or anything even similar, this is just observation, but this past July, during the day it seemed like there were a lot of white people and families there to just have fun (actually it was an even mix of races). But literally within minutes of it getting dark, every single one of them left and all that was left was alot of gangbanger types with nothing but causing trouble on their minds. After a really good day there, we were in that ElToro line and we realized, and then checked closely, with a 3/4 full queue we were 4 out of a total of 6-7 white people in the entire queue.

People there know to leave as soon as the sun goes down unless you want to get caught up in other people's trouble making.
FParker185

Postby Cole on January 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm
Well, i went with my grandparents so we were outta there by 7:30 anyway. :lol:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby monsterfan99 on February 1st, 2010, 8:21 am
tp41190 wrote:From what I learned this summer Quality > Quantity. Sure you can go to a park that has 15 credits. But that might be the worst day of the trip. Sometimes the small parks are the best parks.

Yeah it's also nice and get tons of credits, but all that does is change a number by your name on a website. However, you could get half as many credits and actually have a lot of fun on your trip. What kind of memories would you rather have last a lifetime? Being at a fun park, having fun? Or being stressed out trying to ride 15 coaster (7 of which are clones or kiddies) and being too rushed to have fun?

Quoted for truth. At SFOG I had only 6 hours and a basic fast pass and tried to get in all the coasters. Not only did I miss two (GS and Batman) but had the worse day of my 3 weeks FL trip (minus the day I don't remember due to being sick.) Meanwhile, my day at Beech Bend was a blast even though the rides there blow minus KY Rumbler.

Having fun, doing silly things & taking it all in with great coasters thrown in > credits.
monsterfan99

Postby Cole on March 10th, 2010, 4:50 pm
UPDATE
With our summer already packed, and not alot of time to do this, we have decided to take 2 seperate trips.

1. In July
Dorney
SFGADV
Busch Gardens (Europe)
Kings Dominion

2. In August
Holiday World
Indiana Beach
Cedar Point
Kings Island
Last edited by Cole on March 13th, 2010, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby david on March 10th, 2010, 11:58 pm
Your 14 and your going to England.

Am I the only one seeing something wrong.
The only time I leave the country is if it's a family trip. And this says nothing of the nature.
david

Postby Cole on March 11th, 2010, 4:50 pm
Oops well I meant BG Europe in Williamsburgh.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby david on March 13th, 2010, 1:44 am
hahah You got me going for a second there!
david

Postby Cole on March 13th, 2010, 9:52 am
Haha,sorry! :lol: but I am going will some of my family though.
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby Ilovthevu' on April 24th, 2010, 8:45 am
FParker185 wrote:Well one time back in 01 in line for nitro, a guy (black for the record, though that should be assumed at SFGAdv) line jumped, then 2, 3, 4 more went up, then we stopped the rest (there were literally 10-15 of them total), it ended up with a fistfight involving several members of the group I was with, Security said we were racist for not letting them line jump and there was nothing they could or would do. This past year, basically same story except this time I was with a different group of people who didn't believe in leaving as the sun went down, and this time their was a group of people waiting on the exit stairs of ElToro waiting for us to kick our asses. We spent 3 hours in security filling out paperwork. One improvement though was security was on our side.

My problem with security in general is that they aren't the real cops, and I think anyone that wants to make trouble knows that. This is ridiculous if fights just break out like anything. This is probably why Six Flags gets such a bad reputation. Forget about adding more coasters, but add more real police force if they even have one at that park. - the better real kind. Why is this happening? It's because Six Flags lets it happen with their being not enough security around the big rides in this park. Also, it seems like the ride employees are ignorant to what's going on based on what you are telling me. Why aren't employees checking what's going on? How can they not notice bad stuff?

I've never been to this park, but this is so ridiculous of what Six Flags isn't doing. It's amazing, the most Six Flags popular attended park, and if this problem was fixed, they would be able to get so many more people which is just amazing if you think about it (It not being a year round park!)
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Meetings and Gatherings Forum