Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Board time issues...

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby InsaneNewman on August 9th, 2003, 10:36 pm
Is it just me, or are the times on the board WRONG? For example, it was 11:15pm just a few minutes ago, yet the board time was 10:30pm. I know I can change the time zone, but the boards at least should be in sync with the correct minute, so that time zones work properly... anyway, SFGAm is in central time zone, therefore, the boards should be as well.The official time I am posting this, according to http://www.time.gov is 11:23pm, yet look at the post time (10:36pm)!!!Please fix the time!
InsaneNewman

Postby T_Biggs on August 9th, 2003, 10:46 pm
We tried correcting it when the boards were new. I think the problem lies with the server, which Dave has no control over. As far as I know, it is set up for CST. That, combined with the fact its not even near the right minute, I think its the server doing it.
T_Biggs

Postby InsaneNewman on August 9th, 2003, 10:53 pm
Is there anything in the admin options? I operate a message board (though not pHp), and in my admin controls there is a time adjustment which allows you to nudge the time forward by decimels (in your case, you'd want to push the time forward by 0.75 hours).
InsaneNewman

Postby CoasterDave316 on August 9th, 2003, 11:32 pm
Go to your profile and change it too: GMT - 5 hours.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby InsaneNewman on August 9th, 2003, 11:52 pm
It already is... that's why I can't understand these time issues!
InsaneNewman

Postby T_Biggs on August 10th, 2003, 9:23 am
It doesn't fix it, Dave. It only changes hour settings. The minutes are off, and I don't think you can change that.
T_Biggs

Postby InsaneNewman on August 10th, 2003, 1:42 pm
So there is no "time adjustment option" in the administration controls?
InsaneNewman

Postby RagingBullFan on August 11th, 2003, 11:12 pm
The answer to that is Yes and no... You can change the hour, but not the minute, this server is exactly 15 minutes fast. so 15 mins. is how much off each post time would be.
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby Timmy179 on August 11th, 2003, 11:27 pm
Hey kyle long tiime no.. .talkits no big deal guys just live with it
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby InsaneNewman on August 12th, 2003, 12:14 am
Thanks, Kyle, that's the response I was looking for.Oh, and Timmy? This is called the problems forum for a reason. I'll let you figure out what that reason is. The point is, I run a similar board, and was able to fix the server-end time issues on my board, and was wondering if the same could be done here.
InsaneNewman

Postby Timmy179 on August 12th, 2003, 9:50 am
Whoa nelly dont take offense i didnt find you at fault for anything, I also have had this question in the past, i was just stating that its not fixable and we would have to live with it
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby InsaneNewman on August 12th, 2003, 10:16 am
Sorry 'bout that.... thought you were just, in essence, telling me to shut up already.
InsaneNewman

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum