Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Coaster Tracker

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby B&M Floorless Wanter on August 2nd, 2004, 11:44 pm
i have seen at other park websites they have ride trackers, where they track how many rides that members have ridden on in the park and in parks all over the world.
http://rctgrotto.coastergrotto.com/file.jsp?argId=76 my first rct3 park. its ok but please try it.
B&M Floorless Wanter

Postby Timmy179 on August 2nd, 2004, 11:48 pm
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby DejaVu The Ride on August 3rd, 2004, 12:14 am
Are you telling us or do you want this site to have that too? I'm sure it has been brought up before, but I'm not sure.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Timmy179 on August 3rd, 2004, 12:20 am
Its really a useless feature, most people will lie about it anyway, plus theres no real reason you need it.
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby RagingBullFan on August 3rd, 2004, 1:52 am
There are a few sites that have this feature, for one thats free Click on my website link under this post. A bunch of places actually have a counter, but most of the time they are for a local park only.
Licensed Mechanical Engineer
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby coasterzak on August 3rd, 2004, 3:12 pm
I have a counter at zerognetwork. It's overrated.
coasterzak

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2004, 7:43 pm
I was at GAm a couple days ago and I heard someone say that they are going to count D Vu as being two rides each because it goes backwards and forwards. So, a ride tracker wouldn't be good. People will say anything to get their ride count up. They will just try to beat other people's ride count, and riding the rollercoasters becomes more of an achievement than just for fun.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Chitown on August 3rd, 2004, 10:12 pm
I never really understood the fascination of how many times you have ridden a particular coaster but of course this is just my opinion.

Just do it the old fashioned way like Holydumb and bring the trusty notepad. :)
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby planea380 on August 3rd, 2004, 10:25 pm
We are going to be notebooked to death
planea380

Postby Virtua Tennis on August 3rd, 2004, 10:33 pm
Chitown wrote:Just do it the old fashioned way like Holydumb and bring the trusty notepad. :)

I see someone stole my brilliant idea.
I havn't even added up any of my rides besides Demon, and probably will never get around to it, mainly cause Demon's the only ride I care about (even though it's hard to ride now cause the read to succeed junk).
Virtua Tennis

Postby twixmix0303 on August 5th, 2004, 1:18 pm
Excel works for me
twixmix0303

Postby Virtua Tennis on August 8th, 2004, 8:00 pm
http://www.sfgamworld.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=SplashWF
Here theres a link that says "back to Carousel Plaza rides" but it should be County Fair rides (links to the right page), not worth making a topic about.
Virtua Tennis

Postby twixmix0303 on August 8th, 2004, 11:03 pm
Haha...I couldn't figure out what that had to do with a Coaster Tracker, but then I read "not worth making a topic about"
twixmix0303

Postby sixflagsguy5 on September 29th, 2004, 7:38 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I was at GAm a couple days ago and I heard someone say that they are going to count D Vu as being two rides each because it goes backwards and forwards. So, a ride tracker wouldn't be good. People will say anything to get their ride count up. They will just try to beat other people's ride count, and riding the rollercoasters becomes more of an achievement than just for fun.

I have a notebook that has tallies for how many times of every ride at sfgam. The point for me is to just look at it for fun sometimes. And yes it does get to be more of an acheivement if you don't enjoy the coaster and if you just ride it to put a tally. The last time i went thats what happened on raging bull. I wanted to get my 100th ride and we went on it 7 times. It was still fun but i would have had more fun waiting for a better row.
sixflagsguy5

Postby SIC COASTER on September 29th, 2004, 8:12 pm
And we have a new member to the notebook clan!
you smell
SIC COASTER
I love lamp

Postby planea380 on September 29th, 2004, 8:15 pm
And it still is not me! I do not even know how many times I've gone on Bull.
planea380

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum