Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Incorrect spelling and normal sentences!

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby Iggy ACE on August 1st, 2004, 6:45 pm
Nothing bugs me more than people not taking their time to spell check on their own! There are a lot of new people on the forums that sound and type like third graders. Nobody is perfect but can we at least try to spell right and form sentences. There is such a thing as a dictionary.
Waiting to fill this space with something stupid to say!
Iggy ACE

Postby Virtua Tennis on August 1st, 2004, 6:49 pm
Things are so important that people have to PUT EVERYTHING IN CAPS and since it's such breaking news they need to post it quick so theres no time to spell things correctly instead just use "r" and "y."

But seriousley, that's stupid, people should be able to spell right. I believe you have to be 13 or older to join, theres really no excuse to spell like you don't want people to understand it.
Virtua Tennis

Postby coasterzak on August 1st, 2004, 8:40 pm
I guarentee you there are a few people on these boards that are no older than 11. There is no possible way that any 7th grader spells THAT bad. It's really getting out of hand, along with some of the topics that have been started. Within the past 2 weeks I have seen stupider more worthless topics than I have seen in all my time posting on these boards.
coasterzak

Postby Timmy179 on August 1st, 2004, 8:49 pm
I totaly Agre W/ u IGGYACE, i Meen, How hard iz it 2 actully luk over ur sentences to c if u madr N e mistakez?

Man... I tried to replicate some of their grammer mistakes. Ive talked to Dave, and other mods about this, and their pretty fed up with it too. Not much you can do I guess, they do everything they can.
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby DejaVu The Ride on August 1st, 2004, 10:09 pm
Now I don't feel like the only disgusted person. I know we all make a few mistakes here and there, but it has gotten extreme.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Timmy179 on August 1st, 2004, 11:13 pm
I could make a list of the people who I find degrading to this site, but that would not solve anything. I occasionally talk to various respected enthusiasts, and on a number of occasions when I tell them that my "main site" is SfgamWorld, they automatically associate this site with immature posting.

I ask PLEASE Think before you post, believe it or not, it makes a hell of a difference to just read over your post before you click submit.
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby w00dland on August 1st, 2004, 11:16 pm
I used to check every single topic all the time, now I check half the topics and giggle at the others...

Maybe during the offseason when we have nothing better to talk about?
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby B&M Floorless Wanter on August 2nd, 2004, 12:33 am
im sorry im not the smartest guy ever i am trying to learn how to type fast and i sometimes make mistakes. :(
http://rctgrotto.coastergrotto.com/file.jsp?argId=76 my first rct3 park. its ok but please try it.
B&M Floorless Wanter

Postby Timmy179 on August 2nd, 2004, 12:44 am
Typing in all caps isnt a mistake, nor is using abbreviations, get your act together.

Not trying to act like a mod, but just dont be an idiot.
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby highroller13 on August 2nd, 2004, 12:47 am
This is ridiculous.

da rcman2001

I used to ride it on every visit, when it was slow and new and exptremely popular, and had hardly any trees around it, but on the one time I road it this season i noticed it was allready aging. The ride was rougher, faster, and it felt more insane than last. Also, it maked wierd noises in the station. i still dont bother to ride it though.

(sorry to point you out but...)

All I have to say is this paragraph maked no sence to me.
highroller13

Postby Iggy ACE on August 2nd, 2004, 12:53 am
I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Iggy ACE

Postby Iggy ACE on August 2nd, 2004, 12:56 am
B&M Floorless Wanter wrote:im sorry im not the smartest guy ever i am trying to learn how to type fast and i sometimes make mistakes. :(

You are a perfect example. Where is the capital letters and your periods to end one sentence and start another? Take the time to at least sound smart. Also what is im? Is it instant message?
Iggy ACE

Postby DejaVu The Ride on August 2nd, 2004, 1:33 am
Also, the 1st step to learn how to type faster is to work on accuracy first without worrying about speed. Then you work on speed and it all comes together.

Also, high roller, the post you quoted is not that bad compared to some.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 2nd, 2004, 10:28 am
Timmy179 wrote:I could make a list of the people who I find degrading to this site, but that would not solve anything. I occasionally talk to various respected enthusiasts, and on a number of occasions when I tell them that my "main site" is SfgamWorld, they automatically associate this site with immature posting.

I think we have many respected enthusiasts on this site already. I can understand where you guys are coming from because of the spelling. Da rcman2001 is not that bad, because I could read it. When I can't read it, that would be a problem.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby ihauntu2 on August 2nd, 2004, 4:29 pm
coasterzak wrote:I guarentee you there are a few people on these boards that are no older than 11. There is no possible way that any 7th grader spells THAT bad. It's really getting out of hand, along with some of the topics that have been started. Within the past 2 weeks I have seen stupider more worthless topics than I have seen in all my time posting on these boards.

Wouldn't that be guarantee? Also, shouldn't it be more stupid, worthless topics than you have seen in all your time posting. :lol: The point is no one is perfect, but in general I have to agree with what you are saying.

There have been a more than a few posts that make me hold my head in pain from trying to comprehend their attempted English.
It's the most fun in the park when your laughing in the dark.
ihauntu2

Postby coasterzak on August 2nd, 2004, 4:38 pm
Yes it would, I'm sure I'm going to have an oversight or something, but that happens. I attempt to use capital letters and periods. I see a few mistakes in your post too - shouldn't it be "There have been MORE" not "a more"? ;) Just shows even when you are trying to make a point, everyone makes a small mistake. We're not going to get that picky, that is left for Coasterbuzz to do. Incomplete sentences, run-ons, all caps, all uncaps, and terrible spelling is what makes me mad.
coasterzak

Postby w00dland on August 2nd, 2004, 6:54 pm
see when people dont use capital letters or spell correctly we cant decide what you mean by sentences because you never have a time for a breath if i just kept going with this paragraph i bet i could get timmy and zac to pass out because there is no period
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby coasterzak on August 2nd, 2004, 8:29 pm
Wow I almost passed out on that one w00dland. You're almost wanting a B&M floorless on that one! ;)
coasterzak

Postby Chitown on August 2nd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Agreed that the spelling and grammar around here has gotten out of hand.

However, if Dave, Kyle, Jason, and myself deleted every butchered English post, it would look like we are on a witch hunt and quite frankly would be a waste of time.

I do on occasion get rid of the extreme ones that you just can't translate. :)
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby B&M Floorless Wanter on August 2nd, 2004, 11:39 pm
i dont know what my problem is i dont check over my paragraph and when i do it looks fine and you guys are knocking me :cry: just give me a chance in time i will be perfect you will all see. Muhahahhaha. :D
http://rctgrotto.coastergrotto.com/file.jsp?argId=76 my first rct3 park. its ok but please try it.
B&M Floorless Wanter

Postby DejaVu The Ride on August 3rd, 2004, 12:13 am
Just edit your posts. That is what your problem is. If you just edit them, you can find punctuation, grammar, and spelling errors. If I didn't use my edit, a lot of my posts would sometimes be like yours.
DejaVu The Ride

Postby Timmy179 on August 3rd, 2004, 12:22 am
Or you could read it before you post......
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2004, 11:46 am
I guess the one thing that bugs me is the double quoting. Someone said something above, and the person posting says it again. It's okay if it's not directly above, but otherwise if it is, it's useless.

EXAMPLE ONLY: Please DON'T do this.

Timmy179 wrote:Or you could read it before you post......
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Timmy179 on August 3rd, 2004, 11:53 am
Not only is it annoying, but its also against Forum Rules.

Just a couple....

Use proper spelling and grammar at all times.
This includes using your shift and caps lock key the right way, there's no need to SHOUT all the time. Its ok if you accidentally spell one or two words in your post wrong, but if you spell half the post wrong it will be hard for everyone to read. Any posts to difficult to read will be deleted by the moderators or admin's. Also be sure to keep your text the original color to insure it will be able to be read, any whole posts that have colored text will be deleted.

Unacceptable posting.
You may not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of ANY law. This is not only not humorous, but legal actions can and will be taken against you. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you have consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate in the SFGAmWorld Forum.

Editing your post
Do not make another post correcting a mistake you made in a previous post. If you notice you made a mistake or left something out of your post after you have submitted it to the forums, you are able to click the edit button above your post. This will allow you to make the corrections you want.

Quoted Reply
When using the quoted reply feature only use it to respond to a post made much earlier in the topic. Do not quote the last post of the topic.
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum