Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAmWorld.com's BIG NEWS!

For any questions, comments, problems or suggestions about anything on this website.
Postby Galvan on December 1st, 2013, 1:15 am
December 1st, 2013-

SFGAmWorld.com the #1 Leader in EVERYTHING SFGAm announces Video Extraordinaire Scott Schaffer is joining SFGAmWorld.com to become the site's official and EXCLUSIVE video photographer!

Scott whose work has been featured on PBS, WGN and across Youtube, brings a wealth of experience, knowledge and state of the art equipment.

Scott and I have already laid the ground work for some of the features that we will be rolling out in the coming months.

Including: POVs, Historic ride videos, Video Timelines, as well as in-depth Goliath coverage that will be unparalleled!

Scott is also going use his Youtube knowledge to help manage an all new SFGAmWorld.com Youtube channel!

Not to be over shadowed by this major announcement, Dave is currently working on a new site design that will join our ever growing Social Media networks to the main site as well a some visual improvements as well!

Those will be coming throughout the off-season.

Also coming soon, more live chats, Galvan Investigates Series' and more pictures as well.

We hope you all will enjoy the new sections, series and videos!

But please take this time out to welcome in Scott!

Thank you for all your support and continuing to make SFGAmWorld.com the premier #1 source for EVERYTHING SFGAm!
Galvan

Postby redman822 on December 1st, 2013, 1:28 am
Congrats, Scott!
redman822

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 1st, 2013, 1:49 am
Ah. This sounds pretty cool!
I don't think I have ever seen Scott's work. What's his official YouTube channel?
If you guys are going to make videos about the history of SFGAm, start at the very beginning - 1976.
Can these historial videos match that of Screams and Dreams or better?
I hope you guys can do that.

Anyways, Welcome Scott!
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby BBH on December 1st, 2013, 1:59 am
Congratulations, Scott! Your work is very high-quality and hopefully you continue to do well as an official part of the SFGAmWorld umbrella. :D
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby scottydoesknow on December 1st, 2013, 3:42 am
Thank you so much everyone for the kind words. I look forward to a fun, exciting future partnering with SFGAm World to provide videos that will stand out in the amusement industry. If you're not familiar with my work, some can be found at http://www.youtube.com/stopdropcoaster and I'd advise checking out the "music video" section of the page for my more creative videos.

I'm also looking for suggestions as to what you want to see on this page. While the page will be focused primarily on Six Flags Great America, I will feature other parks as well. Look forward to exclusive interviews with big names in the industry, amazing POV videos (I recently purchased a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition), and other surprises!

As far as documenting the park's history, I do plan on creating a SFGAm ride feature section where I showcase notable rides.

Thanks again for the support. Please let me know if anyone has questions as well!
Scott Schaffer

SFGAm World's official YouTube producer
@upstopmedia

Goliath rides: 60
scottydoesknow

Postby nick42085 on December 1st, 2013, 4:06 am
Sooooo...not a puppy? Jokes aside glad to see him come to the site, I have been a long time subscriber to stopdropcoaster and I'm very interested to see this

P.S good luck on the Goliath insider thing
nick42085

Postby FParker185 on December 1st, 2013, 4:53 am
Apparently his dream of becoming a freelance proctologist‎ hasn't panned out.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Sharon29060 on December 1st, 2013, 10:46 am
Congratulations Scott! :D
Sharon29060

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 1:49 pm
This is better than all of the speculation combined! Great decision by the site to expand into video and they are going with the best man for the job for it!
https://www.facebook.com/ScottSchafferGoliathInsider
Im so excited to see the videos!
Also great to hear about the redesign, chats, GI.
I love the chats.
I love GI.
And I could see a redesign going really well.
The timing of this is perfect. The site has been growing in popularity and with Goliath coming in this year interest is on the rise. This can be seen by the fact that the site was on WGN for the first time ever this year.
Goliath is going to be huge for the park. The coming of Goliath and the smart progression of this site at the same time is going to be huge for the site and huge for everyone who loves Six Flags Great America by giving them a way to continuing talking about and enjoying the park from their computer.
:D :!: :) :D :!: 8) :D
JimPanky

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 1st, 2013, 4:25 pm
JimPanky wrote:This is better than all of the speculation combined! Great decision by the site to expand into video and they are going with the best man for the job for it!
https://www.facebook.com/ScottSchafferGoliathInsider
Im so excited to see the videos!
Also great to hear about the redesign, chats, GI.
I love the chats.
I love GI.
And I could see a redesign going really well.
The timing of this is perfect. The site has been growing in popularity and with Goliath coming in this year interest is on the rise. This can be seen by the fact that the site was on WGN for the first time ever this year.
Goliath is going to be huge for the park. The coming of Goliath and the smart progression of this site at the same time is going to be huge for the site and huge for everyone who loves Six Flags Great America by giving them a way to continuing talking about and enjoying the park from their computer.
:D :!: :) :D :!: 8) :D

Hold on one sec, SFGAmWorld.com was featured on WGN?
Anybody got a link to this story?
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 6:56 pm
And if any of you haven't been in a chat yet you should check it out, they are really fun! Tonight should be a great one. I don't know when Mike's starting it but when he does he will post to facebook and you can go here:
http://www.sfgamworld.com/forum/chat/
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on December 1st, 2013, 6:57 pm
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on December 2nd, 2013, 9:01 pm
There is really fun chat going on right now come join!
JimPanky

Postby AirTimeDaz on December 3rd, 2013, 2:17 pm
That's awesome news! I could literally watch coaster videos all day. They're kinda poetic in a way and I've seen Scott's work before so this should be good. Congrats, Scott!

And I also love the "Galvan Investigates" series! I always look forward to those. :)
AirTimeDaz

Postby JimPanky on December 3rd, 2013, 7:44 pm
What kinds of things would everyone like to see Scott and SFGAmWorld do with the videos/Youtube Channel? Im willing to bet some of you have good ideas that they would be willing to do.
JimPanky

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on December 4th, 2013, 3:21 am
JimPanky wrote:What kinds of things would everyone like to see Scott and SFGAmWorld do with the videos/Youtube Channel? Im willing to bet some of you have good ideas that they would be willing to do.

I know there is an idea in the works regarding track records and a SFGAm Award Show of sorts.
But I will let you guys work that out.

How about a GI where Galvan investigates the connection between roller coasters and fear.
2014 Season Pass Holder

Antonio Aguilera
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby Galvan on December 4th, 2013, 10:16 pm
^

That is an awesome idea...

I think we could have something with that
Galvan

Postby kossdude1 on December 5th, 2013, 9:06 am
JimPanky wrote:What kinds of things would everyone like to see Scott and SFGAmWorld do with the videos/Youtube Channel? Im willing to bet some of you have good ideas that they would be willing to do.

A Galvan Investigates video series to go with the articles, and a new version of Screams and Dreams from an enthusiasts perspective
kossdude1

Postby Necropolis on December 20th, 2013, 12:37 am
Boy I have not been on this site in months! Glad to be back again!

Great to hear the site is doing extraordinarily well! And I am more than excited to read that there will be more live chats, something I wante the site to do for so long. Hopefully 2014 marks an epic year for SfgamWorld! Count me on being around the site more often! :D
Necropolis

Return to Problems, Questions and Suggestions Forum