Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

i hear american eagle is going down in 2004!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.

Was the eagle better backwords or forwards?

forward
22%
backward
78%

Total votes : 9

Postby coasterinsane on January 3rd, 2003, 2:31 pm
I dont really believe this is going to happen but i have heard quit a few rumors! This prolly wont happen tho becuase it is like a classic there, plus they would not be making it better for 2003 like they are now, "i think" or they could be preparing to take it down already there was never really a line in 2002 so you never know, butr what ever ride that is going on that piece of land is going t be a monster!REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY A RUMOR!MODERATORS NOTE: Please keep your text at the normal size.
Last edited by coasterinsane on January 3rd, 2003, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coasterinsane

Postby CoasterDude04 on January 3rd, 2003, 2:37 pm
I don't know, since they are re-doing the helix, *again*, I doubt with all the maintanance they are doing with the ride they would take it down, unless it is needed to stay open for one more season. If they took it down, I would like to see maybe a larger version of a racer coaster (that actually races 100% of the time) Anyways, I doubt it will come down.
CoasterDude04

Postby coasterinsane on January 3rd, 2003, 2:38 pm
i agree i only rode i twice when i was racing!:D
coasterinsane

Postby coasterguy on January 3rd, 2003, 2:52 pm
It is not that big of land that American Eagle takes up. I doubt they would do that. When you drive by Great America all you see is American Eagle. American Eagle is almost like the parks identity. And it is the fastest, has the biggest drop, and is the longest wooden racer. It also is the second tallest wooden racer in the WORLD!!! If you don't believe me go to http://www.rcdb.com and go to record holders and check!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on January 3rd, 2003, 2:53 pm
The American Eagle!? I think thats a real wild rumor, people still love Eagle, and thats on of SFGAM's Signatue rdes. You remember how pissed off people got when Whizzer was going to come down, can you imagine how they would act if Eagle did! :shock:
Nothing to see here....
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby coasterinsane on January 3rd, 2003, 2:53 pm
so
coasterinsane

Postby coasterguy on January 3rd, 2003, 2:55 pm
It is not that big of land that American Eagle takes up. I doubt they would do that. When you drive by Great America all you see is American Eagle. American Eagle is almost like the parks identity. And it is the fastest, has the biggest drop, and is the longest wooden racer. It also is the second tallest wooden racer in the WORLD!!! If you don't believe me go to http://www.rcdb.com and go to record holders and check!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 3rd, 2003, 3:04 pm
They wouldn't take down American Eagle this soon. If they did I wouldn't be surprised. American Eagle is a classic, imagine how people would feel. In my opinion, that is one of the strangest rumors I've heard.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coasterguy on January 3rd, 2003, 3:07 pm
Yes it is pretty wild rumor. Image how much work that would take!!!
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
coasterguy

Postby Suf03sfgam on January 3rd, 2003, 8:01 pm
The day that they take down Eagle im going to kick the person whos responsible Square in the balls!!!! :) Anyone with me????
* This Space is for rent, call 1800-025-6963*
Suf03sfgam

Postby coasterinsane on January 3rd, 2003, 8:50 pm
i am
coasterinsane

Postby SfGaMownz on January 3rd, 2003, 8:53 pm
Suf03sfgam wrote:The day that they take down Eagle im going to kick the person whos responsible Square in the balls!!!! :) Anyone with me????
I'm with you Eagle is a great ride, we only have two woodies as it is so i dout it will happen. Maybe the will take down Whizzer next year dispite the public outcry.
SfGaMownz

Postby Chitown on January 3rd, 2003, 9:36 pm
Its not going anywhere. End of story.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby E.R. Webmaster on January 3rd, 2003, 9:42 pm
Although it is a wild rumor, It is most likely true. I have friends in high place at Gam, and they have told me that it is a possibility they were concidering, but not in 2004. They suggested in about 2007. But Im not completely sure, for all I know, they voted it down!Personally, I wouldnt be suprised if they took it down. Although it is a record holder, It's attendance has been declining tremendously in the past few years!! Going back to Whizzer, although it is an old coaster that wasn't much, it was always busy! That is one of the only coasters where parents can go on the ride with their children, that is one of the main reasons it was such a demand to keep it! Look at Shockwave, a former record holder, people loved that irde as much as they do eagle now, but over the past few years, riders stopped riding, sure there were SW fans, but not enough general crowd, same thing thats happening with eagle!
Steve Kalkofen
RCPro Site Manager
http://www.rollercoasterpro.com
E.R. Webmaster

Postby goldmember on January 3rd, 2003, 9:55 pm
2007 seems much more reasonable than 2004 for removal of AE. I would be suprised if they took it out in 2004. Do you have any idea what might go in its place?
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 3rd, 2003, 10:10 pm
Suf03sfgam wrote:The day that they take down Eagle im going to kick the person whos responsible Square in the balls!!!! :) Anyone with me????
Haha, you go Josh! I'm with you!
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 3rd, 2003, 10:13 pm
goldmember wrote:2007 seems much more reasonable than 2004 for removal of AE. I would be suprised if they took it out in 2004. Do you have any idea what might go in its place?
Yeah, it does sound a bit more reasonable. I hope they put in a floorless or 4D.
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby coastrcorey on January 3rd, 2003, 10:32 pm
coasterguy wrote:It is not that big of land that American Eagle takes up. I doubt they would do that. When you drive by Great America all you see is American Eagle. American Eagle is almost like the parks identity. And it is the fastest, has the biggest drop, and is the longest wooden racer. It also is the second tallest wooden racer in the WORLD!!! If you don't believe me go to http://www.rcdb.com and go to record holders and check!!
I agree with you... American Eagle to me is the trademark of Great America. Driving down I-94, it looks so awesome! That's the thing I look for, it's the first thing you see! Kinda welcoming you!
coastrcorey

Postby coastrcorey on January 3rd, 2003, 10:33 pm
lol... I'm with ya also Josh!
coastrcorey

Postby Suf03sfgam on January 3rd, 2003, 10:59 pm
I say we stop talking about 2004,2007 and get pumped to ride SUF in 2003 :)
* This Space is for rent, call 1800-025-6963*
Suf03sfgam

Postby DejaVuGurl1203 on January 3rd, 2003, 11:00 pm
lol... sure thing Josh. :D I'm prepared to take flight for sure... :twisted:
DejaVuGurl1203

Postby T_Biggs on January 3rd, 2003, 11:03 pm
Chitown wrote:Its not going anywhere. End of story.
Well said.
T_Biggs

Postby Chitown on January 4th, 2003, 1:32 am
""Quoted by ERWebmaster""""Personally, I wouldnt be suprised if they took it down. Although it is a record holder, It's attendance has been declining tremendously in the past few years!! Look at Shockwave, a former record holder, people loved that irde as much as they do eagle now, but over the past few years, riders stopped riding, sure there were SW fans, but not enough general crowd, same thing thats happening with eagle""Are you really going to compare American Eagle to Shockwave? The lines on SW for the most part were non-existent. Eagle on the other hand has great capacity and still always had some type of line going (unless the park was dead). People constantly got off of SW looking for the nearest Osco Drug in search for some Advil. American Eagle had people getting off either liking the ride or just thinking it was o.k.. However no-one got off complaining of massive head pain.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum