Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 19th, 2023, 7:06 pm
That was a long time ago & sadly SF just didn't want to pay to fix Déjà Vu. She works very very well at Silverwood. Wish they would have kept it, that ride was & is phenomenal. Now new age Vekoma is on another level. They're quickly becoming a desired manufacturer. We'd be blessed to have a new Vekoma these days. I'm going to be jealous of SFGAdv if that's what they ending up getting with the super boomerang. Cause that's a huge opportunity for them to "bring back" Déjà Vu. Which btw was a kick ass name & logo with the double illusion font.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2023, 10:14 pm
I'm hoping for a new B&M! That's by far my favorite company!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 20th, 2023, 1:51 am
Please for the love of God no more B&M's. In this modern era, I need a sustained ejector airtime machine, not the same ole cookie-cutter elements, helices & cracked supports. I would literally rather have something like a Chance Hyper GTX Lighting Run clone in Demon's spot. It's a felony that they haven't built more.
AirTimeDaz

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 20th, 2023, 9:35 am
AirTimeDaz wrote:Please for the love of God no more B&M's. In this modern era, I need a sustained ejector airtime machine, not the same ole cookie-cutter elements, helices & cracked supports. I would literally rather have something like a Chance Hyper GTX Lighting Run clone in Demon's spot. It's a felony that they haven't built more.

I rode that Lightning Run at KY Kingdom last year! It was decent but not crazy good! It wasn't an ejector airtime machine.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby briphotoguy on August 20th, 2023, 6:50 pm
Hmm…. They say that Viper isn’t the teaser but give a picture of viper… [emoji848] Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 20th, 2023, 6:52 pm
briphotoguy wrote:Hmm…. They say that Viper isn’t the teaser but give a picture of viper… [emoji848] Image

Ok. Probably not really a teaser…. They didn’t add the hashtag. So legit just a post [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 21st, 2023, 2:45 pm
I guess being that the park is closed now during the week, prep work can’t start. So we should hopefully see something when the park reopens Saturday…

B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 21st, 2023, 6:32 pm
This is out there. But the strike resembles the bolt from the old Shockwave logo. 172 could be 172 feet. Feeling blue, Shockwave was obviously blue.

My guess is an S&S mega looper similar to steel curtain in the parking lot next to superman.
Attachments
ShockWaveTitle.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Cryptkeeper on August 21st, 2023, 7:41 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I guess being that the park is closed now during the week, prep work can’t start. So we should hopefully see something when the park reopens Saturday…

SFGAm starting prep work for an attraction the year before they hope to open it? Why rush to have it open for the start or even the middle of the year when they can take their time and have it open by July 4th or maybe mid-August or maybe, just maybe, right before Fright Fest 2024? As long as at least a few people get on it before the park closes in 2024, it will be a win. :P
Cryptkeeper
Latest Intamin Victim
Latest Intamin Victim

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 21st, 2023, 8:51 pm
Cryptkeeper wrote:
B&MGuy35 wrote:I guess being that the park is closed now during the week, prep work can’t start. So we should hopefully see something when the park reopens Saturday…

SFGAm starting prep work for an attraction the year before they hope to open it? Why rush to have it open for the start or even the middle of the year when they can take their time and have it open by July 4th or maybe mid-August or maybe, just maybe, right before Fright Fest 2024? As long as at least a few people get on it before the park closes in 2024, it will be a win. :P
Not sure what you are remembering but evey ride except Goliath and Maxx Force has opened on time going back to 2014. Goliath as we all know had extenuating circumstances that delayed the opening and Maxx Force of I remember correctly had issues with the dive into the brake run that had to be taken apart and redone. Every ride we’ve gotten since as far as I can remember has started prep work around now to make sure concrete is poured before the ground freezes over for the winter. Usually foundations and done by November so we shall see.

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2023, 1:04 am
Idk that may be looking too into it but damn, I would LOVE if they brought back Shockwave in a sense. I've always wanted them to do that with a B&M floorless, paint it blue & white with 7 inversions or more. But a Vekoma or Mack would be epic too. Idk if Silverwood has it TM but "Aftershock" would be dope for its name seeing it came AFTER Shockwave.

As for things prepping & opening with park opening or in early spring, they all used to! I mean Hell, Raging Bull, Dark Knight, V2, Superman & even XF opened early to late May. But it's sadly true that these days they focus more on getting them open for the 4th which makes no sense to me with so many of their parks in the chain only open shorter seasons.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2023, 8:50 am
JackGlass wrote:This is out there. But the strike resembles the bolt from the old Shockwave logo. 172 could be 172 feet. Feeling blue, Shockwave was obviously blue.

My guess is an S&S mega looper similar to steel curtain in the parking lot next to superman.

With the lightning bolt/strike clues, it could be hinting at a custom Zamperla Lightning coaster.

https://www.zamperla.com/products/lightning/

They could move the Kidzopolis rides to Buccaneer Battle's location as an expansion to the Hometown Park area.
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2023, 1:33 pm
New teaser just dropped

B&MGuy35

Postby briphotoguy on August 22nd, 2023, 1:34 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:New teaser just dropped

Can’t be a coaster, right? [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2023, 2:04 pm
Hmm FlashV2 is 70mph so don't go slower... meaning whatever it is is either 70mph or faster. How fast are the giga discovery models at full swing?
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2023, 2:04 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Hmm FlashV2 is 70mph so don't go slower... meaning whatever it is is either 70mph or faster. How fast are the giga discovery models at full swing?
75mph

B&MGuy35

Postby Agent on August 22nd, 2023, 2:16 pm
Behind Revolution, across from the American Eagle entrance, there are a bunch of claw machines which all read "GIGA" (the model of the machines) at the top. Probably a coincidence but if we want to get conspirative, maybe it's another hint.
Agent

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2023, 3:59 pm
I mean all the signs point to a Giant Discovery but I don’t know. In my opinion, it just doesn’t make sense unless Revolution was being removed.

And it doesn’t make sense to have both right near each other.

I thought maybe it could be an S&S Screamin Swing but those don’t meet the teases specifications.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2023, 4:02 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I mean all the signs point to a Giant Discovery but I don’t know. In my opinion, it just doesn’t make sense unless Revolution was being removed.

I thought maybe it could be an S&S Screamin Swing but those don’t meet the teases specifications.

You’re also forgetting that this is the park that almost had 2 stand up coasters when they were going to bring Chang here. That didn’t make sense either but it was the plan until last min they moved it to Great Adventure. The base of the lift hill was even sitting by eagle. So putting in 2 pendulums isn’t that far fetched when it comes to them

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2023, 4:06 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:I mean all the signs point to a Giant Discovery but I don’t know. In my opinion, it just doesn’t make sense unless Revolution was being removed.

You’re also forgetting that this is the park that almost had 2 stand up coasters when they were going to bring Chang here. That didn’t make sense either but it was the plan until last min they moved it to Great Adventure. The base of the lift hill was even sitting by eagle. So putting in 2 pendulums isn’t that far fetched when it comes to them

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

While that’s true, it’s clear that Iron Wolf wasn’t going to be there long term…

They also spent a ton of money (apparently) to fix up Revolution as well. Again, not saying it can’t happen. It just doesn’t make sense.

We shall see what the Strike 3 teaser is but all signs point to the Giant Discovery.

I know they are popular, even though I’m not really a fan of them.

We also know they are good at making you believe it one’s ride based on teasers and then it ends up being something else.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2023, 10:41 pm
Oh Chang. I remember when a couple pieces of Chang were by Eagle & everyone was like whaaattt?! According to some past employees who probably just heard the same rumored chatter I'm spreading now aka probably not true - is that Iron Wolf wasn't going to stay & chang was to be renamed OMG (I'm not kidding) & put across & near the front entrance. Which if I'm not mistaken there IS somewhere deep in these forums, a photo of the proposed plan which looks as ridic as it reads/sounds. We ended up getting what was said to be SFKK's water park expansion last minute which we now know as Riptide Bay. Now what I can't remember & I think may have been discussed was converting chang to a floorless. Again, another rumor. Which I'm sure would have happened but perhaps it was ahead of it's time cause we didn't see that happen til 2015 with Mantis into Rougarou. I am Almost positive though that had we received chang, we would not have gotten XFlight which could have then gone to SFGAdv. But who knows. Everything happens for a reason.

Now that that tangent is over, thank you for the info that the giga discovery's are 75mph. So there's that answer. Go fast on Flash but with this, go faster not slower. Still banking it's the pendulum with that info. Maybe two rides as skies in the hashtag is plural.

The strikes could represent how lightning supposedly doesn't strike the same place twice as we have now gotten two strikes, giving us a storm theme. We know that didn't happen with Hangover last minute so maybe they're still wanting to use that name/theme. Though I'm pretty sure that was hurricane themed & was a time sensitive subject. Or the strikes are it's three strikes & you're out. But I feel that would have been saved for Revolution. I just don't see them keeping it if we get another larger one but as discussed, it's happened before including SFGAdv who has or bad two of them.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 23rd, 2023, 6:23 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Idk that may be looking too into it but damn, I would LOVE if they brought back Shockwave in a sense. I've always wanted them to do that with a B&M floorless, paint it blue & white with 7 inversions or more. But a Vekoma or Mack would be epic too. Idk if Silverwood has it TM but "Aftershock" would be dope for its name seeing it came AFTER Shockwave.

As for things prepping & opening with park opening or in early spring, they all used to! I mean Hell, Raging Bull, Dark Knight, V2, Superman & even XF opened early to late May. But it's sadly true that these days they focus more on getting them open for the 4th which makes no sense to me with so many of their parks in the chain only open shorter seasons.

Couldn't agree more. Aftershock would definitely fill a major void.
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on August 23rd, 2023, 12:20 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Oh Chang. I remember when a couple pieces of Chang were by Eagle & everyone was like whaaattt?! According to some past employees who probably just heard the same rumored chatter I'm spreading now aka probably not true - is that Iron Wolf wasn't going to stay & chang was to be renamed OMG (I'm not kidding) & put across & near the front entrance. Which if I'm not mistaken there IS somewhere deep in these forums, a photo of the proposed plan which looks as ridic as it reads/sounds. We ended up getting what was said to be SFKK's water park expansion last minute which we now know as Riptide Bay. Now what I can't remember & I think may have been discussed was converting chang to a floorless. Again, another rumor. Which I'm sure would have happened but perhaps it was ahead of it's time cause we didn't see that happen til 2015 with Mantis into Rougarou. I am Almost positive though that had we received chang, we would not have gotten XFlight which could have then gone to SFGAdv. But who knows. Everything happens for a reason.

I was working for the park at the time Chang was a thing and I can confirm the base of the lift hill was there right be Eagle. I have also seen the proposed plan to build it in the parking lot where Riptide Bay is now. If I remember correctly it was shown at a Gurnee Board meeting but nothing came of it afterwards. Trains might have been on-site as well.

As for the teases, I'm pretty much convinced it's a Giga Discovery and I really hope they plan to put it in Revolution's spot and not DDD's or Buccaneer Battle's
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 25th, 2023, 1:31 pm
New Teaser

Thoughts?

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 25th, 2023, 1:32 pm
Third teaser is out.

coasterfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum