Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM__man on August 16th, 2023, 1:54 am
Since the Skycoaster is "on strike," is that suggesting its going to come back next year when the Vekoma "Super Boomerang" coaster opens in Buccaneer Battle's spot? And how about the irony of Buccaneer Battle being replaced with a Vekoma Boomerang? :lol:
SFGAM__man

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 1:57 am
SFGAM__man wrote:Since the Skycoaster is "on strike," is that suggesting its going to come back next year when the Vekoma "Super Boomerang" coaster opens in Buccaneer Battle's spot? And how about the irony of Buccaneer Battle being replaced with a Vekoma Boomerang? :lol:
I mean the only thing that would truly fit where DDD are swings…. Queuing the ride/plot of land of the boomerang now [emoji23] to see if it fits in BB spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 2:17 am
briphotoguy wrote:
SFGAM__man wrote:Since the Skycoaster is "on strike," is that suggesting its going to come back next year when the Vekoma "Super Boomerang" coaster opens in Buccaneer Battle's spot? And how about the irony of Buccaneer Battle being replaced with a Vekoma Boomerang? :lol:
I mean the only thing that would truly fit where DDD are swings…. Queuing the ride/plot of land of the boomerang now [emoji23] to see if it fits in BB spot

After playing around with it for a bit….. I believe the only way to make the ride fit in BB spot is to get rid of go karts. But…. I believe if Demon left , still don’t know what’s up with that, it would fit pretty snuggly in there. Just quick google earth measurements. I think it was like 530 feet by 14 feet footprint or something like that

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 2:29 am
briphotoguy wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:

After playing around with it for a bit….. I believe the only way to make the ride fit in BB spot is to get rid of go karts. But…. I believe if Demon left , still don’t know what’s up with that, it would fit pretty snuggly in there. Just quick google earth measurements. I think it was like 530 feet by 14 feet footprint or something like that

BB and go karts. Honestly it fits better where demon is though…. [emoji51] Demon is my 2nd favorite ride built at GA…

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 16th, 2023, 2:46 am
Lots of good speculation. I don’t think it’s coaster.

I think it’s safe to assume a few things:

The 2024 investment will be in DDD spot given the teasers are posted there.

It’s unlikely that any additional rides are closed given DDD and Bucky are closed (neither were ever confirmed by the park but both were removed from the websites ride list at start of 2023 season and Battle has been walled off

The StupidLoop could also be done. It think it opened only briefly this season and Six Flags has already begun removing them from other parks.

There’s not a lot that would fit in DDDs plot, including the Giant Discovery. While adding a GD doesn’t make sense with Revolution, it certainly wouldn’t make sense right next to it. Also, I believe they replaced a major part on it last season. So seems unlikely they’d remove it after spending money on it last season.

I think Battles spot is being saved for a coaster with the potential removal of the go-karts.

Salim on the last call said they are investing a lot of money in rides in 2024 and 2025 but our park does need a revamp of the kids areas too, especially with Salims focus on families.

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 8:59 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Lots of good speculation. I don’t think it’s coaster.

It’s unlikely that any additional rides are closed given DDD and Bucky are closed (neither were ever confirmed by the park but both were removed from the websites ride list at start of 2023 season and Battle has been walled off

The StupidLoop could also be done. It think it opened only briefly this season and Six Flags has already begun removing them from other parks.

There’s not a lot that would fit in DDDs plot, including the Giant Discovery. While adding a GD doesn’t make sense with Revolution, it certainly wouldn’t make sense right next to it. Also, I believe they replaced a major part on it last season. So seems unlikely they’d remove it after spending money on it last season.

I think Battles spot is being saved for a coaster with the potential removal of the go-karts.

Salim on the last call said they are investing a lot of money in rides in 2024 and 2025 but our park does need a revamp of the kids areas too, especially with Salims focus on families.

Ok…. So 10 years ago the request of a zoning permit meeting was established on the zoning of Gurnee website for the removal of Iron wolf and addition of Goliath. Keep eyes on zoning website this week possible if any permits would be needed for new attraction.

briphotoguy

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 9:02 am
briphotoguy wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Lots of good speculation. I don’t think it’s coaster.

Ok…. So 10 years ago the request of a zoning permit meeting was established on the zoning of Gurnee website for the removal of Iron wolf and addition of Goliath. Keep eyes on zoning website this week possible if any permits would be needed for new attraction.

Just looked they have a meeting today nothing for Six Flags in regards of zoning. Next meeting is Sept. 6

briphotoguy

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2023, 9:42 am
briphotoguy wrote:
briphotoguy wrote:Ok…. So 10 years ago the request of a zoning permit meeting was established on the zoning of Gurnee website for the removal of Iron wolf and addition of Goliath. Keep eyes on zoning website this week possible if any permits would be needed for new attraction.

Just looked they have a meeting today nothing for Six Flags in regards of zoning. Next meeting is Sept. 6

The village updated the zoning for the park many years ago. No planning/zoning meetings will be necessary for that area of the park as long as they stay under 200 ft. The 125 ft. limit still exists for areas of the park within 500 ft of homes (near Superman, Dark Knight, Roaring Rapids).
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2023, 10:16 am
I said to bring back Déjà Vu from the beginning! ;D
& if it is a super boomerang, then yes call it Déjà Vu 2 ... wouldn't be the worst name of the year with a 2 in it haha.

But I'm still going with a flat ride. Skyscreamer, Air race, discovery. I'm shocked to be honest we haven't had two of those additions yet while every one else has.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2023, 10:40 am
coasterfanatic wrote:There’s not a lot that would fit in DDDs plot, including the Giant Discovery. While adding a GD doesn’t make sense with Revolution, it certainly wouldn’t make sense right next to it. Also, I believe they replaced a major part on it last season. So seems unlikely they’d remove it after spending money on it last season.

Not sure what you are looking at, but there is a lot of space there.
staticshadows

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 10:45 am
staticshadows wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:There’s not a lot that would fit in DDDs plot, including the Giant Discovery. While adding a GD doesn’t make sense with Revolution, it certainly wouldn’t make sense right next to it. Also, I believe they replaced a major part on it last season. So seems unlikely they’d remove it after spending money on it last season.

Not sure what you are looking at, but there is a lot of space there.
God I love google earth…. About 150 feet for the attraction but if they move kids zone it’s about 350 ft. Possibly more

briphotoguy

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2023, 10:57 am
Giga Discovery on DDD site:
staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on August 16th, 2023, 11:08 am
A GD would fit but it’s the swing radius that might cause clearance issues. I still don’t see them putting that right next to Revolution. It wouldn’t make any sense.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2023, 11:14 am
coasterfanatic wrote:A GD would fit but it’s the swing radius that might cause clearance issues. I still don’t see them putting that right next to Revolution. It wouldn’t make any sense.

They’ve moved rides before for other new attractions. Maybe it will be relocated to other side of park…

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 16th, 2023, 11:16 am
Only time will tell

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 11:17 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:A GD would fit but it’s the swing radius that might cause clearance issues. I still don’t see them putting that right next to Revolution. It wouldn’t make any sense.

They’ve moved rides before for other new attractions. Maybe it will be relocated to other side of park…

God, I hope it’s just the RMC family coaster in that spot. Let’s got one of those in here. [emoji23] RMC announcing something on Friday. Wonder who ordered it.

briphotoguy

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 16th, 2023, 11:23 am
RMC wouldn’t be announcing anything park specific. That’s left for the parks to announce. I’m assuming they’re announcing a new model with a new train design. From the pics it looks like a steel structure with ibox track and new trains.

B&MGuy35

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 11:25 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:RMC wouldn’t be announcing anything park specific. That’s left for the parks to announce. I’m assuming they’re announcing a new model with a new train design. From the pics it looks like a steel structure with ibox track and new trains.

I thought that’s the new way of doing things…. Manufacturers leak surprises. [emoji23]

briphotoguy

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2023, 1:12 pm
A flats "package" would be awesome. Get the Discovery & a Skyscreamer. Remove Revolution. I do Love the theme/name & colors of Revvy though. So use the "New Revolution" name which is already used at SFMM. Simple easy peasy. but yeah, having both would be silly regardless or very different but similar experiences.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 16th, 2023, 2:25 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:A flats "package" would be awesome. Get the Discovery & a Skyscreamer.

It could be a few new rides that "Take to the Skies". I wouldn't mind seeing a Funtime Booster Unhinged (new version of the rides at Great Escape & St. Louis) replace Mardi Gras Hangover.

https://rideentertainment.com/facebook-funtime-offers-booster-unhinged/

Replace Revolution with Condor and put something new in Condor's spot.
staticshadows

Postby HCF on August 16th, 2023, 6:11 pm
With the "lightning " & "strike" teasers shown so far along with the recent closure of Alpine at Great Escape, I think we can lock it down at 100% confirmation of Rolling Thunder returning to Great America!
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 6:31 pm
HCF wrote:With the "lightning " & "strike" teasers shown so far along with the recent closure of Alpine at Great Escape, I think we can lock it down at 100% confirmation of Rolling Thunder returning to Great America!

briphotoguy

Postby Eagle04 on August 16th, 2023, 7:25 pm
Does the Wilderness theater get much use for private events with the picnic grove nearby? I've been going to the park for well over 20 years and have never seen a public event advertised for it.

Would it make sense to work it into a Camp Cartoon refresh for a larger kids area?
Eagle04

Postby briphotoguy on August 16th, 2023, 8:56 pm
Eagle04 wrote:Does the Wilderness theater get much use for private events with the picnic grove nearby? I've been going to the park for well over 20 years and have never seen a public event advertised for it.

Would it make sense to work it into a Camp Cartoon refresh for a larger kids area?
I think they use it for fright fest…. Park is always swamp during fright fest. I stopped going years back because of it. If I remember correctly, they used the stage for a freak show in the past. Not sure what they use it for now. But that would be the only time they’d need it.

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 16th, 2023, 9:02 pm
Does anyone know why the Super Loops are being removed in general? Is it due to that one getting stuck upside down for hours??

I would rather have a windseeker than a skyscreamer if possible. The ones at Cedar Point and Kings Island even play classical music! Pretty cool
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum