Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2024 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on August 8th, 2023, 11:31 am
At one point I did think we’d have a chance at getting a RMC single rail, but now with all the problems I don’t think Six Flags would go that route until they are resolved. I want to say B&M Dive Machine, but in reality I think it’s a kids area revamp. Which is 100% ok with me. They need a good solid kids area at the park, as it has been lacking for quite sometime now.

Also most parks have already been teasing something and we’ve seen nothing so that leads me away from a roller coaster…
B&MGuy35

Postby Goku1910 on August 8th, 2023, 4:46 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:At one point I did think we’d have a chance at getting a RMC single rail, but now with all the problems I don’t think Six Flags would go that route until they are resolved. I want to say B&M Dive Machine, but in reality I think it’s a kids area revamp. Which is 100% ok with me. They need a good solid kids area at the park, as it has been lacking for quite sometime now.

Also most parks have already been teasing something and we’ve seen nothing so that leads me away from a roller coaster…

I'm also leaning towards a B&M Dive since those are all the rage now between Cedar Fair and Six Flags. Both chains have essentially burned bridges with manufacturers besides B&M, Zamperla, and RMC so it's unlikely we will ever see anything from anyone outside those three.

I do tire of the over-saturation of B&M though, don't get me wrong they make good coasters but they also don't take a lot of risks with their layouts.

As for the kids area idea, I have been complaining for years that Kidzopolis should have it's stage, unused buildings, and car ride removed. Assuming DDD is leaving, Eagle's Entrance could be relocated next to Johnny Rockets and Kids could be expanded and Themed to Bugs Bunny Boom Town. Even is Camp Cartoon was removed, the expanded Kids area would more than make up for it.

Also, painted over concrete needs to go away. The new area should be more open, maybe have some trees planted in between the smaller attractions.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Agent on August 8th, 2023, 9:29 pm
The current park president seems to be more focused on trying to do the most with what the park currently has versus trying to build new things. We've seen this with the retheme of Yankee Harbor, remodel of Mooseburger Lodge/Snowshoe Salon, reopening/repainting of Big Lou's and Drizzle Cheesecakes (formerly Totally Kickin' Chicken), and the small cosmetic improvements here and there around the park. I imagine that 2024 will be more of the same and buildings will be given the TLC so desperately needed. I don't think anyone would disagree that it'd be nicer to have a ride stationhouse that doesn't look like it hasn't been cleaned/painted since the Marriott era (*cough* Whizzer *cough*) versus a new rollercoaster.

It's more than likely though that Great America will be announcing big plans for its 50th anniversary. It's been rumoured that a lot of things are on hold pending the 50th anniversary (such as an overhaul of the American Eagle) so I wouldn't hold my breath on the park announcing something big any time soon.
Agent

Postby Goku1910 on August 8th, 2023, 9:31 pm
They need to do something about Eagle. It cannot even run both sides at the same time anymore.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2023, 10:51 pm
^^

Those are good ideas for the kids area, Goku!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 9th, 2023, 12:24 am
Agent wrote:The current park president seems to be more focused on trying to do the most with what the park currently has versus trying to build new things. We've seen this with the retheme of Yankee Harbor, remodel of Mooseburger Lodge/Snowshoe Salon, reopening/repainting of Big Lou's and Drizzle Cheesecakes (formerly Totally Kickin' Chicken), and the small cosmetic improvements here and there around the park. I imagine that 2024 will be more of the same and buildings will be given the TLC so desperately needed. I don't think anyone would disagree that it'd be nicer to have a ride stationhouse that doesn't look like it hasn't been cleaned/painted since the Marriott era (*cough* Whizzer *cough*) versus a new rollercoaster.

It's more than likely though that Great America will be announcing big plans for its 50th anniversary. It's been rumoured that a lot of things are on hold pending the 50th anniversary (such as an overhaul of the American Eagle) so I wouldn't hold my breath on the park announcing something big any time soon.

This is not the coming from the new park president but a company wide thing that happened this year. We are not the only park that got upgrades as this was a main issue the new CEO wanted to address company wide when it was announced that no new attractions would be coming for 2023 company wide. They ended up backtracking on that in in the new year. I definitely think we will get something next year because the 50th is still 3 years away. Next year will be a small investment and then the 50th they will go big like they are doing for Great Adventure next year. I do also hope that we get a 4th train for Bull like Nitro got its 4th train this year.

I honestly would love to see a surf coaster here….that thing is AMAZING!
B&MGuy35

Postby Coaster Justin on August 9th, 2023, 3:40 pm
I just hope we get something. 3 Years in a row of no new additions for a major Six Flags park is sad
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby HCF on August 9th, 2023, 5:50 pm
An overhaul of the children's areas is the best option for us currently, obviously a new roller coaster would be great, but I think we can sacrifice an extra year or two to make the park THAT much better overall. The park is currently not in the best shape, and I think we might need to fix the kinks before we make any drastic decisions, obviously it's not Magic Mountain bad currently but it's better to fix our issues now before they snowball into bigger problems down the line.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 10th, 2023, 1:07 am
Maybe for 2024 we will get the theming finally installed on Raging Bull that never happened!!

But in reality I see some kiddie coasters possibly coming with a revamp to camp cartoon which wouldn’t be so bad. I mean they’re remodeling Mooseburger this year so it makes sense that something new is going in over there next year.
B&MGuy35

Postby Agent on August 10th, 2023, 5:02 pm
Interesting words by Selim.

What ride do you all think is high maintenance and will be kicking the bucket soon?
Agent

Postby briphotoguy on August 10th, 2023, 5:56 pm
Goku1910 wrote:They need to do something about Eagle. It cannot even run both sides at the same time anymore.
Goku1910 wrote:They need to do something about Eagle. It cannot even run both sides at the same time anymore.
Intamin it! Just like RMC but Intamin! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
briphotoguy

Postby Goku1910 on August 10th, 2023, 8:27 pm
Supposedly they're announcing something big via Tiktok tomorrow. No build up or tease so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby briphotoguy on August 10th, 2023, 9:38 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Supposedly they're announcing something big via Tiktok tomorrow. No build up or tease so I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Please be the new dippin dots stand…. Honestly still they will be announcing on TiKTok, I’d imagine it’s pointless.

briphotoguy

Postby Revi on August 10th, 2023, 10:20 pm
Will be interesting... Great Adventure is adding a new coaster in 2024 now. They went from 150 million in capitol spending to 220 million. Atleast that was from the earnings call i listened to.
Revi

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 11th, 2023, 3:10 am
With the recent announcement of Holiday World and Kings Island both getting a Vekoma Family Boomerang and the fact that both Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon are both due for some attention, what do y'all think about a Family Boomerang coming to the park? They don't take up much space so they should easily be able to fit where DDD is for Kidzopolis or where the Wilderness Theatre is for Camp Cartoon. Right now my bet would be Kidzopolis, but then again adding this in the first place is wishful thinking, but I think it would be a great fit for the park. Especially if they want to draw more families in.
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby HCF on August 11th, 2023, 1:24 pm
Great America dropped a new video on Tik Tok just moments ago, it seems like a normal fright fest teaser, however there are a few takeaways I noticed while watching it

- They used the hashtag "take to the skies 2024"

- At the beginning of the video in the office, they have a wonder woman cape hanging on the wall

-"Not a 2024 teaser... yet"

Could be nothing, but I think our social media team's history with being subtle in their teasing is something to note.
Last edited by HCF on August 11th, 2023, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Goku1910 on August 11th, 2023, 1:25 pm
Seems my guess on a possible Wonder Woman theme was accurate.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on August 11th, 2023, 1:28 pm
My guess is Skyscreamer in DDDs spot.

coasterfanatic

Postby staticshadows on August 11th, 2023, 1:52 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:My guess is Skyscreamer in DDDs spot.

Based on where they were standing, I think either the Rue Le Dodge or Condor is leaving. A Wonder Woman ride would make sense in front of Superman.
staticshadows

Postby coasterfanatic on August 11th, 2023, 1:54 pm
I don’t think the video was meant to be a teaser video. It’s a Fright Fest promo video. I doubt the bumper cars are going anywhere. It also doesn’t make sense for another ride to close when you have 3 SBNO rides currently: Bucky, Dive and the StupidLoop

coasterfanatic

Postby briphotoguy on August 11th, 2023, 2:20 pm
HCF wrote:Great America dropped a new video on Tik Tok just moments ago, it seems like a normal fright fest teaser, however there are a few takeaways I noticed while watching it

- They used the hashtag "take to the skies 2024"

- At the beginning of the video in the office, they have a wonder woman cape hanging on the wall

-"Not a 2024 teaser... yet"

Could be nothing, but I think our social media team's history with being subtle in their teasing is something to note.
Didn’t they use take to the skies during X flight debut?

briphotoguy

Postby Coaster Justin on August 12th, 2023, 2:42 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:With the recent announcement of Holiday World and Kings Island both getting a Vekoma Family Boomerang and the fact that both Kidzopolis and Camp Cartoon are both due for some attention, what do y'all think about a Family Boomerang coming to the park? They don't take up much space so they should easily be able to fit where DDD is for Kidzopolis or where the Wilderness Theatre is for Camp Cartoon. Right now my bet would be Kidzopolis, but then again adding this in the first place is wishful thinking, but I think it would be a great fit for the park. Especially if they want to draw more families in.

I'd be fine with those. They're very fun rides
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on August 12th, 2023, 11:27 pm
Take to the skies makes me think a Skyscreamer or a zamperla air race. Perhaps a giant/giga discovery. I'm really not seeing a roller coaster coming. Id love to be incorrect & see a dive coaster come as long as it's a custom layout cause I'm loving these smaller dive coasters with unique layouts.

& yes, a Vekoma family boomerang is a great fit for the park as well but I'd love to see a Vekoma Super boomerang come here with a wild layout & "bring back" Déjà Vu! Ugh miss that thing haha!!
gottastrata33

Postby briphotoguy on August 13th, 2023, 8:41 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Take to the skies makes me think a Skyscreamer or a zamperla air race. Perhaps a giant/giga discovery. I'm really not seeing a roller coaster coming. Id love to be incorrect & see a dive coaster come as long as it's a custom layout cause I'm loving these smaller dive coasters with unique layouts.

& yes, a Vekoma family boomerang is a great fit for the park as well but I'd love to see a Vekoma Super boomerang come here with a wild layout & "bring back" Déjà Vu! Ugh miss that thing haha!!
God. I hope we never get a dive coaster.. I’m probably the only one in the world that absolutely hates them. I’d rather have some Good Gravy action….

briphotoguy

Postby CoasterDave316 on August 13th, 2023, 1:26 pm
I'm not a fan of the B&M dive coasters either, considering all the new RMC's that have vertical drops the gimmick seems played out and I've never really liked Valravn.

I'd be happy if they added a Skyscreamer, those rides are a lot of fun. I also recently rode the Gerstlaurer Sky Fly's at Lost Island and Nickelodeon Universe, and one of those rides would also be a great addition to the park.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum