Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Great America's Next Coaster

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.

Which coaster would you want to see next?

RMC Single Rail Coater
11%
B&M Dive Coaster
39%
Other roller coaster
50%

Total votes : 18

Postby JackGlass on August 8th, 2022, 11:54 am
If they decide to install a Jersey Devil clone. I think this is the area it would use. With the turnaround being right next to Demons lift hill and the station being by the go karts
Attachments
download.jpg
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2022, 11:58 pm
LOL those screamscape rumors were prob sent in by someone on here. They are literally EXACTLY the ideas/what we've all talked about for quite some time.

Trust, the giga is exciting to dream about. Financially, it makes the most sense as it's highly marketable & for a park our size it again, just makes sense to add to the lineup. But to choose Intamin over B&M when we have a solidified relationship with them? I don't see it bein Intamin.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on August 9th, 2022, 8:30 am
I've heard the RMC Raptor and B&M Dive Machine from an employee working on Goliath

Sometimes Employees have said rumors that have turned out true.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Jodon on August 9th, 2022, 8:44 am
That 5 year plan by screamscape is an unrealistic pipe dream. I can't imagine the park getting three significant capital investments like that in such a short period of time. Also, a giga would likely be SF's biggest capital investment in over a decade. While the changes in SF's pricing strategy may eventually lead to larger capital investments, I can't see that happening for a long while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodon

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2022, 8:53 am
I know these are just rumors. But a Single rail, Dive machine and giga would definitely give Great America one of the best coaster line ups in the world.

Yes! These rumors came straight out of sfgamworld forums :lol:
JackGlass

Postby wablada on August 9th, 2022, 10:52 am
That rumor on screamscape lol

I personally would want to see Camp Cartoon getting rethemed to Looney Tunes. With the 2 rides missing in the back and overall “cry” of the other rides in that kids section. That section needs TLC immediately. I would rather have them do that next year. Fix the park before adding new rides.

Then in 2024, have add a B&M dive coaster in Demon/Buccaneer Battle area. Driving over the midway.

That’s just my opinion.
wablada

Postby Revi on August 9th, 2022, 1:14 pm
Jodon wrote:That 5 year plan by screamscape is an unrealistic pipe dream. I can't imagine the park getting three significant capital investments like that in such a short period of time. Also, a giga would likely be SF's biggest capital investment in over a decade. While the changes in SF's pricing strategy may eventually lead to larger capital investments, I can't see that happening for a long while.

I dont think all three would get built... lets be honest a intamin giga would be awesome but are they willing to invest 25-30 million i n to a coaster again. I mean id rather ditch the two and get the one LOL
Revi

Postby ilrider on August 9th, 2022, 4:15 pm
Revi wrote:
Jodon wrote:That 5 year plan by screamscape is an unrealistic pipe dream. I can't imagine the park getting three significant capital investments like that in such a short period of time. Also, a giga would likely be SF's biggest capital investment in over a decade. While the changes in SF's pricing strategy may eventually lead to larger capital investments, I can't see that happening for a long while.

I dont think all three would get built... lets be honest a intamin giga would be awesome but are they willing to invest 25-30 million i n to a coaster again. I mean id rather ditch the two and get the one LOL

Let’s do a B&M giga instead (though I don’t see SF spending the money). Intamins are too unreliable. We went to Cedar Point 3 full days this June and only got on Millennium Force once, it was down so much, and Maverick broke down 2 of the 3 times we rode it. And we all know what’s going on with TTD there. Great rides, but there’s a reason Cedar Fair stopped buying Intamin coasters.
ilrider

Postby Revi on August 10th, 2022, 12:13 pm
Orion is probably in the 30-35 million dollar price range right now with the way prices have gone up. I guess we will have to wait and see down the road what they would do. Im wondering if the zoning board would even approve that for area thats talked about due to noise. They have had complaints in the past about the noise at GA.... would have to be a sand filled beast if it were a B&M.
Revi

Postby Coaster Justin on August 10th, 2022, 7:06 pm
Revi wrote:Orion is probably in the 30-35 million dollar price range right now with the way prices have gone up. I guess we will have to wait and see down the road what they would do. Im wondering if the zoning board would even approve that for area thats talked about due to noise. They have had complaints in the past about the noise at GA.... would have to be a sand filled beast if it were a B&M.

B&M's are also more expensive than Intamin's. Kondaa for example (I know not a Giga, Not even a Hyper) was under $26m

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on August 13th, 2022, 6:56 pm
For sure, a giga would help significantly. It makes sense for the park but as we've all talked about - money. I'd love for them to invest in the giga, obviously. Just not hoping too hard for it to become a reality.

All three of those coasters make sense actually. But there would have to be a lot of removals for them to happen.

As for the camp cartoon retheme I agree but would rather see an entire overhaul of Kidzopolis. Take the damn tent down, take the stage down. Put in a restaurant with indoor seating to cool down in. Redo the restrooms. Take out the car ride, put in a family coaster. Retheme it all to the Looney Tunes. Repaint it all & really make the area nice. But hell, this is gonna be as much as the Giga ;D
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on November 16th, 2022, 6:35 pm
Going back to our conversation from August. What if two of those options were combined into one? I'm of course am talking about mashing the giga and single rail together. Just let Eagle ride out whatever amount of serviceable life it has left, and when the time comes, tear it down for an RMC t-rex giga to take its place.
jmanporty7

Postby Coaster Justin on November 24th, 2022, 12:30 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Going back to our conversation from August. What if two of those options were combined into one? I'm of course am talking about mashing the giga and single rail together. Just let Eagle ride out whatever amount of serviceable life it has left, and when the time comes, tear it down for an RMC t-rex giga to take its place.

I've ridden Jersey Devil and No thanks. The feet placements are bad in my opinion.

Instead let GCI add titan track and new trains

And about the screamscape rumor of an Intamin Giga or B&M Dive;

If the New CEO decided to go Cedar Fair and leave some parks with just general improvements, That would lead to bigger rides at less parks than more rides at all parks

Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on December 7th, 2022, 3:53 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:For sure, a giga would help significantly. It makes sense for the park but as we've all talked about - money. I'd love for them to invest in the giga, obviously. Just not hoping too hard for it to become a reality.

All three of those coasters make sense actually. But there would have to be a lot of removals for them to happen.

As for the camp cartoon retheme I agree but would rather see an entire overhaul of Kidzopolis. Take the damn tent down, take the stage down. Put in a restaurant with indoor seating to cool down in. Redo the restrooms. Take out the car ride, put in a family coaster. Retheme it all to the Looney Tunes. Repaint it all & really make the area nice. But hell, this is gonna be as much as the Giga ;D

I have been calling for Kidzopolis overhaul since I worked there. I don't ever see it happening at this point.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Tardis1972 on February 17th, 2023, 11:55 am
As of now I’m going with one of that Skyline family single rail coaster as our next coaster. That is as long as they prove to be a success at SFFT and SFOG.
Tardis1972

Postby Goku1910 on February 17th, 2023, 11:56 am
Tardis1972 wrote:As of now I’m going with one of that Skyline family single rail coaster as our next coaster. That is as long as they prove to be a success at SFFT and SFOG.

Oh God please no. I have no confidence in those things.
Goku1910

Postby AirTimeDaz on March 3rd, 2023, 10:15 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Going back to our conversation from August. What if two of those options were combined into one? I'm of course am talking about mashing the giga and single rail together. Just let Eagle ride out whatever amount of serviceable life it has left, and when the time comes, tear it down for an RMC t-rex giga to take its place.

I've ridden Jersey Devil and No thanks. The feet placements are bad in my opinion.

Instead let GCI add titan track and new trains

And about the screamscape rumor of an Intamin Giga or B&M Dive;

If the New CEO decided to go Cedar Fair and leave some parks with just general improvements, That would lead to bigger rides at less parks than more rides at all parks

a t-rex doesn't have the same type of foot placement as the raptor model. trex 2 across seating, not single riders straddling the track
AirTimeDaz

Postby Coaster Justin on March 5th, 2023, 2:11 pm
I mean there's a big placement between your feet.

Here's a test:
Sit Down
Put your knees together
Put a shoebox between your feet (Wide)
Do that for 2 minutes

Is it fun?

Coaster Justin

Postby AirTimeDaz on March 8th, 2023, 9:18 am
Coaster Justin wrote:I mean there's a big placement between your feet.

Here's a test:
Sit Down
Put your knees together
Put a shoebox between your feet (Wide)
Do that for 2 minutes

Is it fun?

Yea. I don't think you get it. the TRex trains are different from the raptor trains. there is no feet placement issue. TRex hasn't even been built yet, but from the concept art, it's just like a regular 2 across steel coaster train so why would I put a shoebox between my knees on this train?. Image
AirTimeDaz

Postby Coaster Justin on March 8th, 2023, 10:08 pm
If it's like Goliath, Fine

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 9th, 2023, 5:13 pm
I don't see the big deal about these single rail coasters. IS it because they're cheaper to build (less steel) ? They all kind of look the same to me and don't seem spectacular.

They have terrible capacity (even worse than Goliath lol)

Also I remember a coaster fan at Holiday World complaining about Jersey Devil . It might have been the foot placement but I can't remember.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 12th, 2024, 7:24 pm
The merger throws a bit of a wrench into thinking what the next coaster will be. Before the merger, I was hoping for a B&M dive, something like Dr. D. I really didn't (and still don't) want to see a Single Rail. The hope is the new leadership after the merger are thinking bigger picture for the 50th in 2026 but who knows.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 13th, 2024, 12:24 pm
Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights! B&M GIga coming to replace Eagle (NOT confirmed YET)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 13th, 2024, 6:40 pm
Easily taking both lol
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum