Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Holiday In The Park 2022

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on April 14th, 2022, 1:25 pm
I recently had the opportunity to be inside the park and do a walkthrough except for the new DC Universe area because of the ongoing construction. And the first thing I noticed upon walking the park is that all the lights for holiday in the park have been removed. In years past they would only remove the lightbulbs themselves and the strands would stay up all year. Is this possibly the first sign that HITP is not returning? The new CEO has stated he doesn’t want the parks in the north to remain open For the colder months. Thoughts?
B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2022, 1:55 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:I recently had the opportunity to be inside the park and do a walkthrough except for the new DC Universe area because of the ongoing construction. And the first thing I noticed upon walking the park is that all the lights for holiday in the park have been removed. In years past they would only remove the lightbulbs themselves and the strands would stay up all year. Is this possibly the first sign that HITP is not returning? The new CEO has stated he doesn’t want the parks in the north to remain open For the colder months. Thoughts?

It's not the first sign, I feel like we've known (or strongly suspected) it for months. Like, it wasn't mentioned at all when selling passes, etc. I believe rumors were all the northern parks were dropping it except Great Adventure.
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on April 14th, 2022, 7:33 pm
It was fun while it lasted.
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on April 14th, 2022, 8:56 pm
JackGlass wrote:It was fun while it lasted.

My thoughts exactly.
UnclePennybags

Postby RobSFGAm on April 15th, 2022, 7:43 am
I wish they would have left the lights, changed the bulbs to white, and used them all season, It looked nice in Hometown Square with the buildings outlined and trees illuminated.
RobSFGAm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 16th, 2022, 12:24 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
JackGlass wrote:It was fun while it lasted.

My thoughts exactly.

Agreed! I had a marathon day in Dec, 2019: 10x on Batman with just a single wait in line, plus 8 on X-Flight, 6 on Bull. All consecutive rides in like 3 or 3.5 hours! RIP HITP :(
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby BCarroll on July 16th, 2023, 10:34 am
For those of you missing Holiday in the Park, I stumbled across this video on YouTube from a few years back that captures the essence of HITP pretty well! It’s July and I don’t miss the cold by any means, but this video took me back to the polarizing HITP.

https://youtu.be/CDPOAgzJeKA
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum