Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New CEO Big MOve - Pass & Membership Restructuring

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on August 15th, 2022, 2:43 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/parkgoers-evacuated-due-to-shooting-at-six-flags-great-america-amusement-park-in-gurnee-illinois/ar-AA10F7op?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=d4e92cc114934ef6b3b66eee36cc24ef

The trash class strikes again :roll:

Seems pretty trashy to me to use this incident, which we still know very little about, to make some sort of class argument. But you do you.
Attachments
download.jpg
download.jpg (10.37 KiB) Viewed 11312 times
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 15th, 2022, 10:22 pm
You seem cool.
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on August 17th, 2022, 4:32 pm
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby wablada on August 21st, 2022, 9:37 am
^ I won't sign lol it's too early to come to a conclusion about him. This guy barely started and no one is giving him a chance to shine, only because he doesn't think the same as the rest of us.

Salim said this year is transitional year for Six Flags, these are not pretty usually, and that is exactly what happened. They raised the ticket prices for Great America to average $44.99, I honestly think it should be $64.99 for what you get today. Yes I did see the attendance down, and revenue down, but that's ok. If next year numbers won't increase next year then we have a problem. This year is scrapped off, and next year is a brand new blank paper.

Yes the park looks awful, rides closed, no staffing, chaos all around. I agree. The "new" DC Universe is nothing but a fresh coat of paint on rides and buildings and crappy landscaping lol. But the "DC Comics" was not his decision, he became a CEO in November 2021. It was already too late to do anything for 2022, as they had things planned already, budget made and etc. You have to wait until 2023 and see what he does then, and it's then when I can say if he is a good or bad CEO. I think under his leadership, they will make park plans with 3 years ahead, I think we will see more though out attractions.

Yes a lot of fulltime staff left, because they don't agree with his vision, but other half remained. What his vision is.. we have to wait 2-3 years to get an overall image, but I think next year we will start seeing some stuff. I want to say the new locker system at Dr. Diablo... at SFFT would have been something he implemented or the Park president asked and he thinks it was a great idea. I would love to see them popping at our park personally. We did get some new food options, we got dole whip. Yes that is not enough to bring in people tot he park, but I think tis year is a testing food year.

Yes, you won't see a giga, or at least not anytime soon. The park is in need for family rides or experiences. I think the end goal is to make Six Flags more like Universal/Disney hybrid. Bring Looney Tunes area back to the park! :)
wablada

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 21st, 2022, 1:37 pm
The new CEO Salim said out loud basically what we've all stated on here: Get rid of the free and cheap tickets, get rid of the trouble makers in the park , get more $$ per customer, and spruce up the parks.

Why did people get so upset over his comments about "daycare for teenagers" or about migrating from attracting Kmart and Walmart shoppers to attracting Target-like shoppers? I understood his analogy.

Salim has 2 main objectives which hopefully don't compete with each other: 1) Get positive results for the shareholders in the form of EPS, EBITDA , retained earnings etc. 2) Attract and serve the customers (us!)

Hopefully by serving the customers that positively influences the financial results.

Also, turning around a huge enterprise like Six Flags takes time. Traction and positive change must take root and then flourish. I think the guy should get at least 3 full years.

Change won't happen overnight. I'm also wondering if some sort of culture change might be needed at corporate to instill a new mindset from the top down to migrate from the discounter chain to a chain more like Cedar Point.

Lastly I hope Six Flags NEVER becomes like Disney. See my earlier post about why I don't like them.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby wablada on August 21st, 2022, 8:48 pm
Exactly that, 3 years, I agree^. Also I am sorry CoasterRiderSC to tell you this, but his plan is to make Six Flags like a small scale Disney park. Just a heads up.
wablada

Postby Jodon on August 22nd, 2022, 10:58 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Why did people get so upset over his comments about "daycare for teenagers" or about migrating from attracting Kmart and Walmart shoppers to attracting Target-like shoppers? I understood his analogy.

The people who got upset also understood the analogy. The issue is that it came off as out of touch and classist. There are people who need to shop at Walmart/Kmart or other stores like that. Not just because of the cost associated, but because of their location and lack of access to other things. Partnering this comment along with his goal to target more "affluent areas," caused a lot of people concerned with the overt "dog-whistles."

Now, I don't think most people on here would disagree that prices need to increase for Six Flags to remain profitable or invest in larger capital projects. What my issue is is that he jumped too far too fast. The season pass offerings this past season was a mess with 3 different pass systems. Bassoul increased prices to Cedar Fair levels or higher and there is no discernable difference in the SF parks to justify that significant of a price increase. The guest experience is not better. The last time I was at the park, there were 3 ride photos working. Many dining locations were still closed. While there are more seating areas, most are not in convenient places.

I would agree that Bassoul should have been given 3 years, but he also should have tried to implement his strategy over the three years. He should not have altered the season pass structure immediately. It's fine to want to cater to a higher-end customer, but it is disingenuous to raise prices as steeply as he did without altering the guest experience at a comparable rate.
Jodon

Postby staticshadows on August 22nd, 2022, 2:24 pm
They gave him a three year deal.
In connection with his appointment as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the Company entered into an employment agreement with Mr. Bassoul (the “Employment Agreement”) dated November 14, 2021 (the “Bassoul Effective Date”). The Employment Agreement provides for a term that commences on the Bassoul Effective Date and terminates on December 31, 2024, unless the relationship is extended by mutual agreement or earlier terminated in accordance with the terms of the Bassoul Employment Agreement.

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/us/sixflags3/SEC/sec-show.aspx?Type=html&FilingId=15352671&CIK=0000701374&Index=10000
staticshadows

Postby Sven18 on August 22nd, 2022, 11:24 pm
Another Change To Passes/Annual memberships -- Labor Day Sale

Gold $115, Platinum $155 & Diamond $280 Annual 12 month memberships.
Essentially the Thrill $117, Extreme $177, Ultimate $390 partially changed(no 10 vouchers on Ultimate, so decent price drop)

Meal Plan returns $135, just 2 meals & good only at home park

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/store/tickets
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on August 23rd, 2022, 12:24 am
There’s still a basic season pass for $80. No parking. No 2023 Fright Fest.

Also Gold Membership only includes Great America. No water park or Rockford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby rctfr on August 23rd, 2022, 8:34 am
Notable changes to the 2023 dining plan:

- it ends before the season is over (expires Sept 4, 2023)
- no snack option
- no drink included option
- 90-minute meal interval is now doubled to 180-minute (3 hr) interval
- only valid at our 3 local parks

"Enjoy lunch and dinner every visit in 2023. Dining Plan expires on September 4, 2023. Enjoy 2 meals every time you visit in 2023! Only a 3 hour interval between meals. Drinks not included. Specific dining locations and meals subject to availability. This Pass is valid only at Six Flags Great America, Hurricane Harbor, Chicago and Hurricane Harbor, Rockford. Not valid at any other Six Flags property."
rctfr

Postby Sven18 on August 23rd, 2022, 9:51 pm
There are 2 dining passes on the site now, they updates from last night

The season dining expires 9/4/2023 & is only good at GAm, HH & Rockford $134. This is the plan appears for the $80 season pass which expire the 9/4/2023 & Gold since they only have 3 park access. The annual dining is good at all SF parks for $134, this is the one to purchase for Platinum or Diamond.
Sven18

Postby RobSFGAm on August 24th, 2022, 8:38 am
At least the final got smart and require about 40% of the cost for membership up front.
lowest membership to start is $42.71 which is the first required payment which at least stops the people from doing the pre-pay vis, getting in the park for two months for $14 and then letting the membership expire.
RobSFGAm

Postby Jodon on September 2nd, 2022, 9:11 am
I just got an email offering a free upgrade to the Platinum annual pass when purchasing a Gold AP through Sept. 5th. The deal includes a discount on the Gold pass as well at $99.
Jodon

Postby ilrider on September 2nd, 2022, 12:27 pm
^I am confused about when we are supposed to be buying passes for next year. The ad on the web site says if we buy now it is good for the rest of this year through labor day next year. But our current passes are already good for the rest of 2022, including Fright Fest. Should I buy now, then we will buy again next September to cover next year's Fright Fest? I don't understand why the passes stop on Labor Day now when they used to be good through the end of the calendar year.
ilrider

Postby Sven18 on September 3rd, 2022, 10:03 am
That's how annual memberships system works, they are good 12 months from purchase. The Pass for $80 is thru Labor Day 2023 & they are giving the rest of 2022. Come spring the Pass is essentially will be the equivalent of the summer pass they had this year. If you have a pass good thru end of 2022 already. if you purchase now you will essentially double pay for the fall & your annual membership will end 9/3/2023 (if purchased today 9/3/2022). You would essentially be paying $99 for Platinum level for Jan thru Sept 3, 2023. The question is that worth it for you ? You also do not what the offer will be come Jan 2023 when you current pass expires. If you do not plan to visit any SF parks till April or May you could wait wait till then start your 12 month clock. Again, you do not know what the offers will be compared to this one. In most annual pass systems they offer the best deal when it's not necessarily the best time to purchase for many people.
Last edited by Sven18 on September 3rd, 2022, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby ilrider on September 3rd, 2022, 7:46 pm
^We are definitely not doing the membership, as I don’t want to make a monthly payment, and they cost more than the passes. I see what you mean about the pass now running for a year the same way.

I agree if we buy now it is like double paying for the fall. Seems stupid, but we used to do it that way anyway. I was just going to wait until next spring to buy, but will that pass still be $80, or will they raise it? That is the dilemma. Maybe we will get an even better deal like you said. We usually buy in September, but since we are good through 12/31 this year, and there is no kind of flash sale deal on the passes this year, it seems pointless to outlay the cash right now, especially when we have to buy 5 passes. They are just pushing the membership upgrade deal. I am not giving in!

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I am just going to wait and take the chance on getting a better deal next year like you said. We will not be hitting any other parks after Fright Fest this year at our park.
ilrider

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2022, 7:49 pm
ilrider wrote:^We are definitely not doing the membership, as I don’t want to make a monthly payment, and they cost more than the passes. I see what you mean about the pass now running for a year the same way.

I agree if we buy now it is like double paying for the fall. Seems stupid, but we used to do it that way anyway. I was just going to wait until next spring to buy, but will that pass still be $80, or will they raise it? That is the dilemma. Maybe we will get an even better deal like you said. We usually buy in September, but since we are good through 12/31 this year, and there is no kind of flash sale deal on the passes this year, it seems pointless to outlay the cash right now, especially when we have to buy 5 passes. They are just pushing the membership upgrade deal. I am not giving in!

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I am just going to wait and take the chance on getting a better deal next year like you said. We will not be hitting any other parks after Fright Fest this year at our park.

Not even Scene 75 in Romeoville?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 4th, 2022, 8:37 pm
ilrider wrote:^We are definitely not doing the membership, as I don’t want to make a monthly payment, and they cost more than the passes. I see what you mean about the pass now running for a year the same way.

ilrider - I agree with you about not wanting monthly payments either! I decided I'm going to wait till Spring to buy our passes as well. Also, I thought the Memberships were going away and Passes would be the offering going forward? It seems that they keep changing their mind about that!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on September 6th, 2022, 12:02 am
This is likely the lowest price it’s going to be. Salim has made it clear that steep discounts and freebies are no more.

The dining pass is also back by popular demand…and yes. They moved backed to memberships (now called Annual Passes) and have just one basic season pass ($80) that does not include parking and only includes the dry park.

coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on September 6th, 2022, 9:58 pm
They're back to calling them 'memberships' but they're really much more like the old passes since they're good for a set time and not an indefinite period like the old memberships.
anewman35

Postby ilrider on September 7th, 2022, 12:38 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:This is likely the lowest price it’s going to be. Salim has made it clear that steep discounts and freebies are no more.

The dining pass is also back by popular demand…and yes. They moved backed to memberships (now called Annual Passes) and have just one basic season pass ($80) that does not include parking and only includes the dry park.

I am fine with $80 passes if that is what it stays at (though we have to add parking for $35 on one of the passes). I just don't want them to jack the price up in the spring. I doubt it though. It will be our first time waiting until the spring to buy, but with no flash sale on passes, there was no incentive to buy now since our passes are good through the rest of this year.
ilrider

Postby coasterfanatic on September 26th, 2022, 10:52 am
They most certainly will. The new CEO says the days of “steep discounts” are gone.

The $80 pass is as basic as it gets. Just Great America, no parking, and only good through Labor Day next year.

I’d expect they raise the price of that sometime next season

coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on September 29th, 2022, 5:25 pm
Another change to passes coming, a few parks just starting offering 2023 pass.
--Gold, Silver, Diamond Levels
Example of the new system at several parks
https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets
https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/tickets

Highlighted Changes:
Gold is good till 9/4/23
Silver & Diamond good till 12/31/23
# of specialty tickets & skip the line reduced, none for Gold
early entry to park & waterpark for Diamond
only Diamond gives access to all SF parks

Prices are cut from the last 12mth Annual product to the 2023 pass:
SFMM Gold down from $115 to $80, Platinum $155 to $100, Diamond $280 to $250
GAdv & SFOT Gold down from $115 to $65, Platinum $155 to $90, Diamond $280 to $250
Last edited by Sven18 on September 30th, 2022, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on September 30th, 2022, 12:00 am
Sven18 wrote:Another changes to passes coming, a few parks just starting offering 2023 pass.
--Gold, Silver, Diamond Levels
Example of the new system at several parks
https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/store/tickets
https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/tickets

Highlighted Changes:
Gold is good till 9/4/23
Silver & Diamond good till 12/31/23
# of specialty tickets & skip the line reduced, none for Gold
early entry to park & waterpark for Diamond
only Diamond gives access to all SF parks

Prices are cut from the last 12mth Annual product to the 2023 pass:
SFMM Gold down from $115 to $80, Platinum $155 to $100, Diamond $280 to $250
GAdv & SFOT Gold down from $115 to $65, Platinum $155 to $90, Diamond $280 to $250
Salim trying to do damage control for attendance but this is only causing more confusion amongst guests. The CEO has no clue what he’s doing. The prices are basically back to “normal” Six Flags pricing”

coasterfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum