Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Park President Hank Salemi has passed away

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby DejaVu2001 on January 10th, 2022, 12:05 pm
While there has been no official statement from the park or his family yet, sources have reported that Six Flags Great America Park President Charles "Hank" Salemi passed away suddenly yesterday. Hank had served as Park President since 2006. Prior to being Park President, Hank previously served as Six Flags Corporate Vice President of Marketing 2000-2006 and Director of Marketing at Six Flags Great America 1997-2000.

Condolences to Hank's family and coworkers during this difficult time.

EDIT:

IAAPA has posted about Hank's passing
https://www.iaapa.org/news/iaapa-news-d ... W1sfCCxRik
DejaVu2001

Postby JaminOut on January 10th, 2022, 1:10 pm
This was really shocking news to read this morning. While I never had the chance to talk with him, I saw Hank around the park from time to time picking up trash and interacting with guests. He seemed to have such a genuine care for the park and made sure the park received the investments it deserved. If I recall correctly, he fought like hell against receiving a standard super loop and didn’t cave until we received a modified, larger version. I think a big reason why our park received such great investments the last decade and a half was due to his presence and strength in negotiations. I will miss him dearly; my condolences to his friends, family, and coworkers.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Coaster Justin on January 10th, 2022, 2:37 pm
Wow. I got to meet him a few times at SFGAm and No Coaster Con. Seemed nice.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 17th, 2022, 10:37 pm
Wow! I didn't think he was very old (50's maybe?)

Any word on who will succeed him?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum