Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on August 17th, 2021, 1:28 pm
Sky Trek didn’t operate this year because they initially unable to operate it because of Covid. Given the labor shortage, it likely didn’t make sense to open it mid-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on August 17th, 2021, 5:28 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ If Sky Trek is coming down (it didn't operate at all this year!) then perhaps a Windseeker or Sky Screamer could fit there! A Windseeker would serve a similar function and provide a more thrilling ride than Sky Trek.

I highly doubt you'll ever see a Windseeker at a Six Flags Park.

Unless they offer Six Flags a 99% off, Six Flags is smarter than to add one of those
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby sfgamnthemoon on August 17th, 2021, 9:39 pm
A re-theme to Camp Cartoon is much needed especially since they removed 2 of their rides and it looks run down, in my opinion

Edit: Also Hanna Barbera theming is gone
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 18th, 2021, 1:30 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ If Sky Trek is coming down (it didn't operate at all this year!) then perhaps a Windseeker or Sky Screamer could fit there! A Windseeker would serve a similar function and provide a more thrilling ride than Sky Trek.

Unless they offer Six Flags a 99% off, Six Flags is smarter than to add one of those

Why do you think Six Flags will never get one?? Price? Reliability issues??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on August 19th, 2021, 11:42 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

Why do you think Six Flags will never get one?? Price? Reliability issues??

Reliability. Cedar Fair has had tons of problems with them. Remember how Knott's was stuck for a few hours.

Plus selfishly, I like Funtime Star Flyers more anyway

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2021, 1:49 pm
^ I'd be fine with a Skyscreamer (Starflyer) as well! I really liked the Windseeker because it plays music.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby BCarroll on August 20th, 2021, 12:16 pm
I don't think we're going to see a new ride for 2022. General park improvements... or nothing at all. The park looks like a dump and I wish they would invest into beautifying the park. It is honestly sad walking through the midways, queues, etc. They could at least try to make things look nice.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby sfgamnthemoon on August 23rd, 2021, 10:24 pm
This would probably be impossible but I feel like the park should build parking garages and add a hotel
sfgamnthemoon

Postby staticshadows on August 24th, 2021, 9:01 am
A ride relocation from Six Flags Over Texas.
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on August 27th, 2021, 11:12 pm
staticshadows wrote:A ride relocation from Six Flags Over Texas.

Is that ride having problems in Texas? I think Harley Quinn is giving them more problems.

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 28th, 2021, 1:06 pm
I'd be totally fine with getting this ride (above ) here and taking out either Revolution or Home Town Junk Machine. This ride is a more modern version of an Enterprise (Orleans Orbit)

And I'm still really wanting a Screaming Swing (ie Skyhawk) and one of either Skyscreamer or Windseeker.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby MikeyTeee on August 29th, 2021, 4:39 pm
You know, I am actually pretty amazed we most likely won't get anything, even with all the teasing they had done during the No-Coaster Con event/video. From the teasing of removing buccaneer battle, to Eagle Re-do. Just kind of shocked they would do all that teasing just to get it pushed back.
MikeyTeee

Postby JackGlass on August 29th, 2021, 7:06 pm
I'm not sure what to think at this point. Magic Mountain is clearly opening a roller coaster next year, but they still haven't made their announcement.

Maybe Great America will get something but the announcement won't be until later on this year or even at the start of next year
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2021, 1:38 pm
Why would we get a relocated Catwoman Whip from over Texas that was just installed? I was just there last week & it was running better than pretty much anything there lol

& I'm shocked we're not getting anything either but that's sadly only cause we've been damn spoiled since like 2004. Let's be honest. A break is Ok. Some parks have gone a MUCH longer time without an addition.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on September 3rd, 2021, 6:17 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Why would we get a relocated Catwoman Whip from over Texas that was just installed? I was just there last week & it was running better than pretty much anything there lol

& I'm shocked we're not getting anything either but that's sadly only cause we've been damn spoiled since like 2004. Let's be honest. A break is Ok. Some parks have gone a MUCH longer time without an addition.

In 2013 all we got was backwards trains and a (rather pathetic in my opinion) nighttime show

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on September 4th, 2021, 11:25 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Why would we get a relocated Catwoman Whip from over Texas that was just installed? I was just there last week & it was running better than pretty much anything there lol

In 2013 all we got was backwards trains and a (rather pathetic in my opinion) nighttime show

That's one year... & look what we got the year before & after that. Let's not complain about a show that lasted one season when two major coasters were installed that many parks would kill to have. Not admitting that we've been less than "blessed" the last two decades now, is honestly annoying. Especially when you complain about an off year that fell between two years that drastically changed our park.

Let's review:

2001 - Vertical Velocity/DéjàVu
2003 - Superman Ultimate Flight
2004 - RaginCajun 5 new rides. 4 of which are still here.
2005- Hurricane Harbor. A massive new park.
2006 - Tornado
2008 - Dark Knight
2009- Buccaneer Battle
2010 - Little Dipper
2011 - Riptide Bay
2012 - XFlight
2013 - ignight
2014 - Goliath
2016 - Battle For Metropolis
2017 - Joker
2018 - Mardi Gras Hangover
2019 - Maxx Force
2021 - Tsunami Surge

That's 10 coasters 8 of which we still have, 7 flats, & 4 water park additions. Most of these being major additions. I wouldn't have it any other way. Not many other parks have received this many additions over 20 years.
gottastrata33

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 7th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Can someone explain to me why Buccaneer Battle still hasn't been removed? The hours of operation have been cut for a while now ( past two years?) and it is never busy. Surely that space can be utilized better....

Any update on Roaring Rapids? Have they been doing anything on it?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby ilrider on September 7th, 2021, 6:23 pm
^I never saw any work being done on RR this year, and I went 7 or 8 times. That would sure be a nice plot of land if they removed it. I barely ever ride it. With the fatality on a similar Intamin rapids ride at Adventureland in Iowa this summer, I wonder if they want it anymore. Take out the flume rides too, and oh, the possibilities!

I hate BB. It is so boring, and you actually get too wet on it. I have been on it like 3 total times. I have more fun shooting the boats from off the ride.
ilrider

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2021, 7:10 pm
Suckaneer Battle can go, post-haste! But I'm not sure about removing the flumes. I'd much rather see Roaring Rapids (which I do actually like) go before either/both of the flumes!

Flumes require minimal operators (like 2-3 for Logs I believe) and really nice on any day that's 70+ degrees.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on September 7th, 2021, 8:04 pm
I think Buccaneer Battle, the flumes and roaring rapids will all be removed within the next decade.

Six Flags has been removing a lot of water rides lately. Given the tight amount of space at Great America. Removing those 4 rides would free up a lot of room for new coasters
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on September 8th, 2021, 7:42 pm
I am not necessarily advocating for getting rid of the flumes. I was just looking at the map and the absolutely massive space that opens up if you take away RR and the flumes. Taking away RR alone leaves a huge space. Going further, take away Camp Cartoon (relocate Spacely’s somewhere in the park), and take V2 too since we have MF now, and all I can say is, I want to see the coaster that takes up that space! lol Could more likely add a major coaster and some flats.
ilrider

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 8th, 2021, 7:57 pm
^ We do desperately need a total revamp of Camp Cartoon or a brand new kids area somewhere. I'd really hate for them to lose Sprocket for any reason. And I don't see Kidzopolis going anywhere either, especially with the family bathrooms located right there and the play area.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on September 10th, 2021, 3:45 am
We desperately need a new family/children's section. & yes Camp cartoon needs the help. Some new flats & a coaster. Skyline just released their new kiddie coaster concepts & it would be nice to see something of that thrill level sized coaster brought to the park. Don't think it could fit in camp cartoon but I'm not good at figuring that stuff out.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on September 10th, 2021, 7:34 am
gottastrata33 wrote:We desperately need a new family/children's section. & yes Camp cartoon needs the help. Some new flats & a coaster. Skyline just released their new kiddie coaster concepts & it would be nice to see something of that thrill level sized coaster brought to the park. Don't think it could fit in camp cartoon but I'm not good at figuring that stuff out.

I don't think Six Flags is happy after the last Skyline attraction.

And I'd be for Bugs Bunny Boomtown replacing Camp Cartoon with a few new rides.

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on September 11th, 2021, 12:23 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:We desperately need a new family/children's section. & yes Camp cartoon needs the help. Some new flats & a coaster. Skyline just released their new kiddie coaster concepts & it would be nice to see something of that thrill level sized coaster brought to the park. Don't think it could fit in camp cartoon but I'm not good at figuring that stuff out.

I don't think Six Flags is happy after the last Skyline attraction.

And I'd be for Bugs Bunny Boomtown replacing Camp Cartoon with a few new rides.

LOL oh yeah...
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum