Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on July 17th, 2021, 5:54 pm
What do you think the park will receive in 2022? If anything
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 17th, 2021, 8:18 pm
Giant Discovery or Frisbee or Screaming Swing in Buccaneer Battle location! Buccaneer Battle will go to Frontier City in OK
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on July 18th, 2021, 7:41 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Giant Discovery or Frisbee or Screaming Swing in Buccaneer Battle location! Buccaneer Battle will go to Frontier City in OK

Agreed. I would also add a Zamperla double heart coaster to that list of potential Buccaneer Battle replacements.
Attachments
ZPL_Rides-DoubleHeartCoaster-07.jpg
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on July 19th, 2021, 2:04 pm
They posted a video the other day responding to social media comments. I watched it closely to see if I could see any hints, but I didn't. It seems like Six Flags might be abandoning the usual 'announce everything right before Labor Day' (SFFT is going way before that) so it opens up the possibility that we could hear something at any point...
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on July 19th, 2021, 5:48 pm
From Sfgamworld's Facebook page. Looks like each park will have their own individual announcement.
Attachments
flags.jpg
JackGlass

Postby CoasterNick3157 on July 20th, 2021, 1:32 am
i bet we aint getting nothing next year
CoasterNick3157

Postby CoasterDemon on July 20th, 2021, 8:52 am
^Hopeful! We have more than enough rides and coasters.

The park needs upgrades in training; better efficiency and stuff like that. Fix up what we have; Viper needs some new track on the pull-outs, getting rough. But most of all, Six Flags' have operational issues; way before the pandemic. I guess that would take a new executive team and the decision to improve the quality of a days visit. The stuff places like Holiday World and Cedar Fair parks focus on.

But what do I know... Well, I know going to say, Magic Mountain for a day - then Knott's the next, it's like night and day. Same thing with any Six Flags park. We have - in my opinion - the best Six Flags park as it is, it would be nice to have a higher quality of service and operation. So many awesome people employed at SF parks, but they have next to no quality training or "good examples" to go with.
CoasterDemon

Postby JackGlass on July 20th, 2021, 9:14 am
After visiting Cedar Point and then Six Flags Great America. It really is like night and day. I hope Spanos ends the "Every park gets something new every year" Strategy and focuses on improving the parks visually and adding high quality attractions.
JackGlass

Postby CoasterDemon on July 20th, 2021, 10:36 am
^Also notice how ride (and shop/food, etc.) crews have total control of their areas. They are trained to connect with people - clear communication, and very efficient. That just doesn't exist at Six Flags. Even when I was a SFOT intern in 1995 - after working for Cedar Point for 3 years - it was night and day. I could do anything I wanted at SF; the expectations were very low, especially after coming from CP.

This is in no way a "CF is better than SF" thing, it's just the way it is. It would take years of work to bring up the level of quality. As far as mechanical rides go, all the parks are basically the same to most people.
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 20th, 2021, 11:11 am
JackGlass wrote:After visiting Cedar Point and then Six Flags Great America. It really is like night and day. I hope Spanos ends the "Every park gets something new every year" Strategy and focuses on improving the parks visually and adding high quality attractions.

YES! Spruce up the park and make it look beautiful again! Get rid of weeds, paint areas (ie. railings, buildings, etc), fix broken things, etc. AND, ENFORCE a dress code!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterNick3157 on July 20th, 2021, 11:54 am
stop the stupid carnival rides
CoasterNick3157

Postby ernstwhere on July 21st, 2021, 1:57 pm
It might be a longer game at this point. The markets took a tumble this week with the realization that the pandemic is not clearly past us. I agree with Coaster Demon, this is a good time to re-invest in the park and overall guest experience as the new CEO stated before covid changed park operations completely.
ernstwhere

Postby JackGlass on July 21st, 2021, 5:55 pm
I love the way they're fixing up Poltergeist at Six Flags Fiesta Texas. I wish they would do something like that with the Demon.

Totally agree with ending the carnival rides. I would much rather see in park improvements for a few years and then a major addition like a Giga or a Mack Launch coaster.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on July 21st, 2021, 8:27 pm
I love what Fiesta Texas has been doing in general! The renovations and theming they’re adding to Poltergeist and the teasing they’ve been doing for next years addition is great. Their Giant Discovery themed to Joker has an entire funhouse walkthrough in the queue. I really hope our park adds more theming in the future. I’m still pretty bummed Maxx Force didn’t get any theming. Not even a themed station spiel or sound effects. Hopefully next year the park focuses on renovations and, like others have said, overall just sprucing up the park.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 22nd, 2021, 9:27 am
IF they removed Hometown Junk Machine, could that plot along with the former Sky Trails plot be combined for a new ride??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on July 22nd, 2021, 5:21 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:IF they removed Hometown Junk Machine, could that plot along with the former Sky Trails plot be combined for a new ride??

That's a pretty long distance

My 2 wishes are Zamperla Giant Discovery or Camp Cartoon becoming Bugs Bunny Boomtown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterDemon on July 22nd, 2021, 6:50 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:IF they removed Hometown Junk Machine, could that plot along with the former Sky Trails plot be combined for a new ride??

Hey now... that's an oldie and a classic (even they they run it on infant level). Also, you won't find many classy-looking rides at our park anymore, this one looks great. Love it. There is plenty of room for other stuff, but we have enough stuff hehe :)
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 22nd, 2021, 9:19 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:

Hey now... that's an oldie and a classic (even they they run it on infant level). Also, you won't find many classy-looking rides at our park anymore, this one looks great. Love it. There is plenty of room for other stuff, but we have enough stuff hehe :)

My issue with Hometown is it doesn't hold that many people (24 total? ) and it takes forever to get on and off. Fiddler's Fling is much more efficient with way better capacity. Lobster and Triple Play have excellent capacity and are fun as well.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterDemon on July 23rd, 2021, 12:24 pm
^I hear ya. Thing is... you could ride Hometown Fun Machine with 3 in a seat (same with Fiddler - it's a tight squeeze!) It's legal and OK with the park. I squeezed into Fun Machine a few weeks ago with a couple friends - mainly to see if we could do it - then just rode like that. Fun times! The days of 3 in a row on Whizzer are gone.
CoasterDemon

Postby ernstwhere on July 23rd, 2021, 1:39 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:^I hear ya. Thing is... you could ride Hometown Fun Machine with 3 in a seat (same with Fiddler - it's a tight squeeze!) It's legal and OK with the park. I squeezed into Fun Machine a few weeks ago with a couple friends - mainly to see if we could do it - then just rode like that. Fun times! The days of 3 in a row on Whizzer are gone.

This is a good example of improving the park, guest experience. Hometown Fun Machine is original to the park, opening as Saskatchewan Scrambler in Yukon Territory and relocated for Fort Fun. The upholstery looks 40-some years old now. It's details like this that make a difference. I love how it's sited behind the waterfall with Whizzer's lift and now Maxx. It's a classic.
ernstwhere

Postby JackGlass on July 23rd, 2021, 1:41 pm
I think Hometown Fun Machine is safe. Given the recent trends, I think the water rides in the dry park are on the chopping block. Tidal wave at Magic Mountain. Grizzly Run Rapids at Six Flags Darien lake. Tidal Wave at Six Flags St. Louis. Splash Water Falls at Six Flags Over Georgia

I predict Buccaneer Battle will get the axe this year and Roaring Rapids will follow next.
JackGlass

Postby UnclePennybags on July 23rd, 2021, 6:04 pm
JackGlass wrote:...I predict Buccaneer Battle will get the axe this year and Roaring Rapids will follow next.

Bold predictions, but I'd be surprised if Roaring Rapids goes away. It's too popular on days that are warmer than 75°F. I've seen lines on a partly cloudy morning when the temp was just under 70°F.

Buccaneer Battle? I could see that one getting the axe. Its plot of land is in a prime location that would benefit from a more popular ride that had the capacity to eat up crowds, and that would be operational all day, every day of the season.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 23rd, 2021, 7:50 pm
ernstwhere wrote:
CoasterDemon wrote:^I hear ya. Thing is... you could ride Hometown Fun Machine with 3 in a seat (same with Fiddler - it's a tight squeeze!) It's legal and OK with the park. I squeezed into Fun Machine a few weeks ago with a couple friends - mainly to see if we could do it - then just rode like that. Fun times! The days of 3 in a row on Whizzer are gone.

This is a good example of improving the park, guest experience. Hometown Fun Machine is original to the park, opening as Saskatchewan Scrambler in Yukon Territory and relocated for Fort Fun. The upholstery looks 40-some years old now. It's details like this that make a difference. I love how it's sited behind the waterfall with Whizzer's lift and now Maxx. It's a classic.

BTW I also don't like Big UN-Easy balloons for the same reason: takes super long for the ride to come to complete stop, and then the operator has to come around with special key to open each balloon (sorry to Iluvthevu!).

If the park got rid of either of these rides, I wouldn't be sad. A ride like Catwoman's Whip at SFOT (which is totally different than what we have now) would fit nicely in Hometown's spot. It would "sort of" be like a modern Orleans Orbit.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby ilrider on July 24th, 2021, 5:37 pm
Need to RMC Eagle to breathe new life into it, since they are no longer racing it. Takes away half the fun of it and the lines are getting long.
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on July 25th, 2021, 11:06 am
ilrider wrote:Need to RMC Eagle to breathe new life into it, since they are no longer racing it. Takes away half the fun of it and the lines are getting long.

I definitely see both pros and cons on doing this, and don't necessarily want to get into all that now, but isn't the fact that lines are getting long sort of an indication that it's still popularnsontheh don't really need to 'breathe new life into it'?
anewman35

Next

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum