Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby MikeyTeee on March 11th, 2022, 1:09 pm
The park is now hinting about it on their Instagram. Weird event message on the official website. I feel it’s just going to announce V2 becoming The Flash. https://imgur.com/a/yAyFuu8
MikeyTeee

Postby DaaaaaVoyage on March 11th, 2022, 2:55 pm
A little melancholy if/when they retheme Yankee Harbor into a DC Themed area. Not that much is preserved of its northeastern feel anyway, but I do love the entire idea of Yankee Harbor and that 'style' of the theme for a park.
However, I would like to see them change it into a full-on DC area so the area has some cadence with its rides... Seeing other areas of the park either change ride theming to coordinate with their area, or vice versa, would be awesome. Feels like the CEO might trend it that way. :wink:
DaaaaaVoyage

Postby Carlo on March 11th, 2022, 10:02 pm
The broken website is all part of the tease. It's kinda clever way to hint what's coming.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

Postby anewman35 on March 12th, 2022, 11:42 am
Carlo wrote:The broken website is all part of the tease. It's kinda clever way to hint what's coming.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I mean they can have their fun, whatever, but I wonder what the size of the audience is that #1 is following along with this at all #2 doesn't already know what it means from seeing the annual report or posts like this.
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 12th, 2022, 6:59 pm
On the mobile app it shows that the "[2022 NEW ANNOUNCEMENT]" event runs from March 4 until March 24 so could that mean March 24 is the final teaser date/announcement date?
Attachments
IMG_9C41185CEEA5-1.jpeg
sfgamnthemoon

Postby gottastrata33 on March 13th, 2022, 1:45 am
In the past, I've been all for anything the park decides as I'm a firm believer that everything in the park has it's purpose/audience. Yes, even Bucc. Battle. BUT I'm feeling this is a missed opportunity for the park. We have for so many years pitched the idea of a "Gotham Harbor" which would really help not only push a new area/retheme of rides but also be able to keep that original harbor theme from the 70s while breathing new life into the area. But DC Universe? Like no one thought to be like hey, what if we did this instead. Ya know? Just feels odd losing the entirety of an area rather than have its ambiance present if that makes sense.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on March 13th, 2022, 12:04 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:In the past, I've been all for anything the park decides as I'm a firm believer that everything in the park has it's purpose/audience. Yes, even Bucc. Battle. BUT I'm feeling this is a missed opportunity for the park. We have for so many years pitched the idea of a "Gotham Harbor" which would really help not only push a new area/retheme of rides but also be able to keep that original harbor theme from the 70s while breathing new life into the area. But DC Universe? Like no one thought to be like hey, what if we did this instead. Ya know? Just feels odd losing the entirety of an area rather than have its ambiance present if that makes sense.
Not sure if it’s true or not, but I imagine WB/DC might have a say in the re-theme/naming of the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby UnclePennybags on March 13th, 2022, 10:17 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:...I'm feeling this is a missed opportunity for the park. We have for so many years pitched the idea of a "Gotham Harbor" which would really help not only push a new area/retheme of rides but also be able to keep that original harbor theme from the 70s while breathing new life into the area. But DC Universe?...

Agreed.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 17th, 2022, 11:50 am
I think "Gotham Harbor" or "Gotham City Harbor" would be a nice tie-in between the original area and the new DC area!

Hopefully they leave all the other areas alone in terms of theming and name, especially Southwest and County Fair.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on March 18th, 2022, 5:14 pm
They've updated their teaser events page with some more clues, which I don't feel like figuring out now but maybe you do, and a date of March 24th...
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 18th, 2022, 5:55 pm
anewman35 wrote:They've updated their teaser events page with some more clues, which I don't feel like figuring out now but maybe you do, and a date of March 24th...

Theme 2 = Yellow and White colors
Theme 3 = Blue and Grey colors

These could be possible themes for Yankee Clipper and Whirligig? Also the possibility of a new Batman paintjob? Thats just my thoughts
sfgamnthemoon

Postby staticshadows on March 18th, 2022, 6:27 pm
https://www.gurnee.il.us/docs/default-source/economic-development-files/projects-in-progress/pip-3-17-22-version305a24731dff6ddbb37cff0000940c19.pdf?sfvrsn=c8a549b1_2

Six Flags Great America
1 Six Flags Parkway

Remodel of Steelworks Pub; building permit ready for issuance. 3/17/22
staticshadows

Postby anewman35 on March 18th, 2022, 8:01 pm
staticshadows wrote:https://www.gurnee.il.us/docs/default-source/economic-development-files/projects-in-progress/pip-3-17-22-version305a24731dff6ddbb37cff0000940c19.pdf?sfvrsn=c8a549b1_2

Six Flags Great America
1 Six Flags Parkway

Remodel of Steelworks Pub; building permit ready for issuance. 3/17/22

As seen in Gotham City at Six Flags America... https://www.instagram.com/p/CDSUNx-hV0m ... gn=loading
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 19th, 2022, 9:24 am
Could Steelworks Pub be the restaurant replacing Yankee Funnel Cake Sundaes or Capone’s?

Edit: Now that I think about it’s definitely replacing Capone’s and there will be a new ice cream shop replacing Yankee Funnel Cake Sundaes?

sfgamnthemoon

Postby RobSFGAm on March 19th, 2022, 9:44 am
There is still at the abandoned Antique Photo building that was right in front of Whirligig which could either be the gift shop, a funnel cake shop or a chicken tender place like Six Flags America. Since that is right in the middle of the new Gotham area, they have to make it something versus leaving it black.

These are from the SF America page:
Funnel Cake Factory

GOTHAM CITY Food Court (Cityworks Chicken)
Stop by for the city's best chicken tenders, fries, burgers and more!

There is also that small building that was used as an arcade between the Old Time Photo and V2 entrance (not the one in front of Batman the ride) that is rarely used that they will probably want to change into something as well.
RobSFGAm

Postby anewman35 on March 20th, 2022, 7:48 am
If we're assuming everything gets rethemed, there's also Jack's Snacks (which despite 'feeling' like part of Batman doesn't have any direct theming connection to it that I know of), Captain Salty's and Yankee Market.

In other speculation, most Six Flags that are opening seem to be adding a lot of Single Rider Lines, so that might be something to expect.
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 20th, 2022, 7:50 am
anewman35 wrote:
In other speculation, most Six Flags that are opening seem to be adding a lot of Single Rider Lines, so that might be something to expect.

I’m expecting Maxx Force to have a single rider line. It was in the talks during NCC2019 but I don’t think it was implemented. Correct me if I’m wrong though

sfgamnthemoon

Postby Jodon on March 21st, 2022, 11:32 am
I would love for SFGAm to utilize single rider lines on all of their major coasters, but that would mean that management would likely have to utilize more staff and use a grouper at the station to get the most benefit capacity-wise. Most of the time, when there has been a single rider line at SFGAm, it has not been utilized very well.

The other aspect is that several of the coaster stations and queues are not set up to utilize a single rider line (Batman, Raging Bull, X-Flight, Viper). A lot would have to be changed to get those coasters to utilize the Single Rider well. Even Joker's single rider line is not used very well. I'm hopeful that the park can implement single rider lines well, but I'm skeptical.
Jodon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 23rd, 2022, 7:57 am
I’m pretty sure SFGAm is going to release their last teaser before the date on the “2022 New Announcement” event, which is tomorrow.

Edit: Well nothing really happened today but I’m curious to what’s gonna happen tomorrow

sfgamnthemoon

Postby sfgamnthemoon on March 24th, 2022, 10:31 am
Well, it seems that DC Universe replacing Yankee Harbor became official.

The three new “re-imagined” rides are:

• The Flash: Vertical Velocity (V2)
• AQUAMAN Splashdown (Yankee Clipper)
• DC Super-Villains Swing (Whirligig)

All of these ride names were all existing at Six Flags theme parks unfortunately.

The dining options there will be:

• Steelworks Pub (Capone’s)
• Captain Cold Ice Cream
• Gotham City Snacks
• Central City Snacks

sfgamnthemoon

Postby w00dland on March 24th, 2022, 12:02 pm
I guess this closes the book on the Yankee Harbor lighthouse coming back.
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby SFGAM__man on March 24th, 2022, 1:11 pm
I think this actually looks really good, the only problem is that Superman and Dark Knight (and the Justice League dark ride) are totally out of place not being in it. It shouldve been expanded to near Superman's entrance in my opinion.
SFGAM__man

Postby Sven18 on March 24th, 2022, 1:24 pm
Superman & Dark Knight could eventually be connected, there is not much left in Mardi Gras, it's been shrinking since Ragin Cajun left in 2013. They could easily retheme Hangover, Balloons & roaring rapids & make DC Universe bigger
Sven18

Postby Jodon on March 24th, 2022, 1:38 pm
I find it odd and a bit concerning that DC Universe is slated to open with the park in 22 days and yet the media release featured renderings and no actual pictures of the changes.

It's all a bit underwhelming. I get that Six Flags is trying to get the most out of their IP agreement with DC, but this is so meh. I wish SFGAm would stop half-heartedly keep trying to be a semi-theme park. Either do themed areas and do them well or just stop trying.
Jodon

Postby coasterfanatic on March 24th, 2022, 2:07 pm
Jodon wrote:I find it odd and a bit concerning that DC Universe is slated to open with the park in 22 days and yet the media release featured renderings and no actual pictures of the changes.

It's all a bit underwhelming. I get that Six Flags is trying to get the most out of their IP agreement with DC, but this is so meh. I wish SFGAm would stop half-heartedly keep trying to be a semi-theme park. Either do themed areas and do them well or just stop trying.
I don’t think there’s anything to be concerned about. V2 was already being painted and rethemed late last year. The app has an actual picture of Aquaman:Splashdown sign and Whirligig is dismantled every winter anyways.

coasterfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum