Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 Speculation

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 4th, 2021, 9:56 pm
Im not expecting anything honestly. But if we get something, I'm really hoping we get one of those giant discovery's....discoveries? lol ...& chop Revolution. The more I've seen them in person, the more I see Just how popular they are among the GP. They're pretty & honestly intimidating. Would really add to our flat collection round up despite it being a "modern" version of what it'd be replacing.
gottastrata33

Postby Galvan on August 5th, 2021, 5:46 pm
Given that SFGAm did not open at all in 2020 (save for a drive through Holiday in the Park) Id say with near 100% certainty that the park should receive something in 2022. What that is, is up for debate. But I cant see one of the biggest money making parks in the chain, with now 3 properties in the region under the SF umbrella not getting anything.
Galvan

Postby FParker185 on August 5th, 2021, 7:39 pm
I know for sure at least Vomatron and Aquaman are new for 2022 attractions, seen both with my own eyes a few weeks ago, Superman is still standing at SFStL and Aquaman is standing with the ride complete but nothing else, it's just a structure in a giant pit of dirt that blocks off numerous pathways inside the park. Regardless when they were announced, they year they open is the year they are considered new rides. It would make absolutely zero financial sense any other way.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 5th, 2021, 9:44 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Im not expecting anything honestly. But if we get something, I'm really hoping we get one of those giant discovery's....discoveries? lol ...& chop Revolution. The more I've seen them in person, the more I see Just how popular they are among the GP. They're pretty & honestly intimidating. Would really add to our flat collection round up despite it being a "modern" version of what it'd be replacing.

I agree with you about a Giant Discovery! And actually it's quite different than Revolution since you're facing out (and not in). I feel like I'm suffocating on Revolution. I'd love a Screaming Swing as an alternative (i.e. Skyhawk)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on August 5th, 2021, 9:45 pm
I wish six flags caught on to those. Those would do so well in so many parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 5th, 2021, 9:47 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I wish six flags caught on to those. Those would do so well in so many parks.

YES! The one at Cedar Point is awesome! I initially thought it was going to be a waste of time and my daughter really wanted to ride it. So glad we did!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on August 6th, 2021, 11:12 am
I was comparing Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America on Google Maps.

If they demolished the old Magiquest building behind the games gallery. They could fit a Screaming Swing back there.

My personal wish list would be a Screaming Swing in place of that building. A giant discovery in place of Revolution and a sky screamer in place of Dare Devil Dive. I feel that would dramatically upgrade our flat ride collection
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 7th, 2021, 1:46 am
JackGlass wrote:I was comparing Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America on Google Maps.

If they demolished the old Magiquest building behind the games gallery. They could fit a Screaming Swing back there.

My personal wish list would be a Screaming Swing in place of that building. A giant discovery in place of Revolution and a sky screamer in place of Dare Devil Dive. I feel that would dramatically upgrade our flat ride collection

Wow that area would truly be a "county Fair" then with all those in one spot. Would make that area look so nice. Although I'd then want them to upgrade the games to look like a full blown old timey arcade at a fair.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 7th, 2021, 4:14 pm
They could also fit that Ferris Wheel from Darien Lake in that location, if they wanted to.

I agree. that would look awesome giving the Games gallery an old timey renovation
Attachments
ferris wheel.png
JackGlass

Postby canadaboy024 on August 8th, 2021, 12:31 am
JackGlass wrote:I was comparing Cedar Point and Six Flags Great America on Google Maps.

No chance that building gets demolished. It currently houses wardrobe and makeup for entertainment. Not to mention the fright fest house they have setup in there year round that has a decent amount of money invested in it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
canadaboy024

Postby briphotoguy on August 8th, 2021, 9:03 am
Wicked Twister from Cedar Point Image
With all seriousness, the park really doesn’t need something this year, take the year off, let’s get something worth while in 2023-2024.

briphotoguy

Postby coasterfanatic on August 8th, 2021, 12:03 pm
briphotoguy wrote:Wicked Twister from Cedar Point Image
With all seriousness, the park really doesn’t need something this year, take the year off, let’s get something worth while in 2023-2024.

Agreed. There’s some other cosmetic/landscaping things that need to get taken care of. I rather them spend the money on that and to fix Roaring Rapids cause I’m assuming fixing Roaring Rapids would count towards CAPEX

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 8th, 2021, 10:08 pm

I like your ideas! If they insist in keeping Daredevil, what about a Skyscreamer or Windseeker in place of Sky Trek Tower??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on August 8th, 2021, 10:14 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

I like your ideas! If they insist in keeping Daredevil, what about a Skyscreamer or Windseeker in place of Sky Trek Tower??

Not fond of the idea of removing STT. I know some other parks have removed theirs, so maybe it's coming to end of it's life anyway, but I like having a really tall ride that families aren't scared of, and it's unclear if they'd be able to build that high again if they took it down. Would be happy to have the ride, just anywhere else...
anewman35

Postby ernstwhere on August 9th, 2021, 3:13 pm
I'd be sad to see STT go too. It's an icon of the park. But so was Sky Whirl. I wasn't living here then, does anyone know why it was removed? Was it a maintenance issue or just to add DV?
ernstwhere

Postby briphotoguy on August 9th, 2021, 6:14 pm
ernstwhere wrote:I'd be sad to see STT go too. It's an icon of the park. But so was Sky Whirl. I wasn't living here then, does anyone know why it was removed? Was it a maintenance issue or just to add DV?
I believe it was due to maintenance… but the real disappoint wasn’t actually Sky Whirl… I know I’m going to feel the hatred for saying that but Hay Bayler was a fantastic ride that was extremely underrated.

briphotoguy

Postby ernstwhere on August 10th, 2021, 2:34 pm
briphotoguy wrote:
ernstwhere wrote:I'd be sad to see STT go too. It's an icon of the park. But so was Sky Whirl. I wasn't living here then, does anyone know why it was removed? Was it a maintenance issue or just to add DV?
I believe it was due to maintenance… but the real disappoint wasn’t actually Sky Whirl… I know I’m going to feel the hatred for saying that but Hay Bayler was a fantastic ride that was extremely underrated.

Hell, yeah! I loved Hay Bayler! An awesome Himalaya Bob given all that charismatic theming. The cool sign, the straw-covered center mechanism, HB was so great. Now I get a little melancholy in that corner of the park, it feels so dead.
ernstwhere

Postby RobSFGAm on August 12th, 2021, 9:22 am
Hay Bailer where the empty site of Trailblazer was would fit with the name and theme of SWT.
Agreed that ride was always underrated and wish it was still there.
At one point they had HB and Yahoo Racer, Which was a Himalayan type ride, but both are gone now :(
RobSFGAm

Postby JackGlass on August 13th, 2021, 9:42 am
Jodon wrote:I pray that someday our park will get a new entrance. The current entrance and exit are so uninviting and ugly. I don't see how the current set up can be fixed. I hate the "holding pen" between security and the ticket scanners. The carousel plaza could be beautiful, but the buildings, security, queues before security, and the huge billboards are so ugly they really damage the feeling of the park. The exit area is also awful, but it's not as noticeable as the entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCZNb48ljk

This video shows what Carousel Plaza looks like at California's Great America. Night and day.
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 13th, 2021, 9:39 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Jodon wrote:I pray that someday our park will get a new entrance. The current entrance and exit are so uninviting and ugly. I don't see how the current set up can be fixed. I hate the "holding pen" between security and the ticket scanners. The carousel plaza could be beautiful, but the buildings, security, queues before security, and the huge billboards are so ugly they really damage the feeling of the park. The exit area is also awful, but it's not as noticeable as the entrance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caCZNb48ljk

This video shows what Carousel Plaza looks like at California's Great America. Night and day.

We definitely need more Palm Trees.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 14th, 2021, 2:04 am
If any of you have insta, check out my reel I made Of CGA. It's on @coaststocoasters

That park is absolutely stunning in comparison to our GAm. Just the entrance alone is mind blowing. Makes me a little jealous to be honest just on looks. But we have the better rides & bigger park, so it's win some lose some kinda deal lol
gottastrata33

Postby ernstwhere on August 14th, 2021, 12:29 pm
I think CGA ticket booths were original to both parks in 1976. I don't know when Gurnee removed them, but they were ornate and inviting. The stanchions for security, ugh!

Yukon Yahoo was a Bayern Kurve later moved to Orleans Place as Delta Flyer in the old station for the skyride.

The ropes course site was home to Industrial Revolution, a Super Himalaya that was also called Hilltopper?

I think I've got this right.
ernstwhere

Postby Coaster Justin on August 16th, 2021, 10:31 pm
Updated 2 Guesses:

- Rethemed Roaring Rapids
- Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on August 17th, 2021, 2:59 am
Ooh I'd love a good retheme & expansion to Camp Cartoon. A new kiddie coaster perhaps for the thrill seekers in training. That would be nice with two kiddie coasters in that area. Plus that area needs to liven up.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 17th, 2021, 12:36 pm
^ If Sky Trek is coming down (it didn't operate at all this year!) then perhaps a Windseeker or Sky Screamer could fit there! A Windseeker would serve a similar function and provide a more thrilling ride than Sky Trek.

CoasterRiderSC

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum