Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Read To Succeed

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby anewman35 on May 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Just received a Read To Succeed ticket for my daughter. I've never done it before (always had a pass) so I don' t know what the ticket normally says, but there are a few things that are possibly notable because of the situation this season:

-It's Valid for the '2020 Season' (except for October 24-25 and 30-31). So I guess that means any day until the end of the year besides those two weekends?
-it Says (multiple times) that everybody visiting the park in 2020 has to make reservations online first.
Last edited by anewman35 on May 19th, 2020, 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anewman35

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 16th, 2020, 9:35 pm
Honestly, I'm surprised Read To Succeed is even a thing at all this year. I mean how many people are even going to actually follow through when all the schools are closed? Probably better if most people don't bother, because let's be honest, people would wait until the last minute as always and then complain about not being able to get a reservation :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby anewman35 on May 16th, 2020, 9:49 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised Read To Succeed is even a thing at all this year. I mean how many people are even going to actually follow through when all the schools are closed? Probably better if most people don't bother, because let's be honest, people would wait until the last minute as always and then complain about not being able to get a reservation :lol:

Well, even before schools closed it was done online this year, so it made it a lot easier to still complete it. Not sure if we're going to use it given the circumstances, but we'll see. Maybe later in the year.
anewman35

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 17th, 2020, 3:00 pm
I forgot about read to succeed, that is a blast from the past. I remember doing it every year, but we only ended up going twice. However, one of those two visits was one if my best visits ever. My cousins banded together with their read to succeed tickets to go on the same day together. It was like 25 of us - cousins, uncles, aunts, my dad... it was a blast I will never forget.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby sfgam1 on May 19th, 2020, 10:09 pm
I would email guest relations and see what they say. I'm sure that there has to be some kind of resolution since the program for this school year started before the pandemic.
sfgam1

Postby anewman35 on May 19th, 2020, 11:01 pm
sfgam1 wrote:I would email guest relations and see what they say. I'm sure that there has to be some kind of resolution since the program for this school year started before the pandemic.

Not sure who you're responding to, but I don't think anybody has a problem - as you said, the program was started while the kids were in school, and the books were submitted online and the ticket was emailed. They even give a ton of time to use it...
anewman35

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum