Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way Too Early 2021 Predictions

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on April 13th, 2020, 2:22 pm
While COVID-19 may hinder the construction of 2020 projects, causing some to potentially be pushed back a year, I'm curious as to what is coming next to park under Six Flag's brand new CEO.

Why bring this up now? A. I'm bored and stuck at home B. Magic Mountain rumors are spiraling that a Jersey Devil clone is coming there in 2021 according to Screamscape http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm#2021 and a now removed Theme Park Tracker video. Signs don't point to a coaster being in the budget for us next year.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on April 13th, 2020, 2:33 pm
I was hoping to see a Zamperla Giga Discovery or Super Air Race for 2021. It seems likely that 2021 additions are postponed until 2022 and Tsunami Surge will be our 2021 addition.
staticshadows

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 13th, 2020, 4:51 pm
^ Similarly, I was hoping for a Discovery or a SkyScreamer. I believe many projects will be pushed back unfortunately. I am not sure if the new CEO's plan is to continue the "every park gets something new" philosophy, but I highly doubt that will happen in 2021 whether that was the plan or not.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on April 13th, 2020, 11:23 pm
I would personally love to see another 2004 happen. Let's get a major flat with some new kiddie rides in areas that need it.
gottastrata33

Postby Joey on April 14th, 2020, 5:31 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I would personally love to see another 2004 happen. Let's get a major flat with some new kiddie rides in areas that need it.

Same! I've been hoping a total redo of the kids areas for years. The IP theming is kind of lacking in the park overall but escpecially in the kids areas. I remember when they were all themed to the Looney Tunes, Wiggles, and Hanna Barbera characters. Now they're just bland and generic. Even just a new paint job and slapping some ACME stickers around would be nice. I feel like they can do better than Krazy Kars and Crazy Bus.
Joey

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2020, 6:31 pm
I'm in the 'Tusnami Surge, new for 2021' camp. Park's not going to open for a while, when (if!) it does it's going to be dead no matter what they do, and they're desperate to cut costs and save money.

If it does end opening this year, little or nothing for next year. Maybe a minor kids area revamp if we're lucky.
anewman35

Postby masopustmaddux on April 14th, 2020, 8:25 pm
Joey wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:I would personally love to see another 2004 happen. Let's get a major flat with some new kiddie rides in areas that need it.

Same! I've been hoping a total redo of the kids areas for years. The IP theming is kind of lacking in the park overall but escpecially in the kids areas. I remember when they were all themed to the Looney Tunes, Wiggles, and Hanna Barbera characters. Now they're just bland and generic. Even just a new paint job and slapping some ACME stickers around would be nice. I feel like they can do better than Krazy Kars and Crazy Bus.
Yeah. I think that ride removal in camp cartoon is making it clear a kids area addition is coming next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
masopustmaddux

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 14th, 2020, 8:41 pm
After the kids area was brought up and thinking about it, I do agree our kids areas are pretty lacking. With the IP's gone in camp cartoon it does seem bland. While I'd personal prefer a thrill ride or coaster, I think a kids area revamp would be very welcomed. I have not seen the new ones like SFOG's but I'd like to imagine its leaps and bounds better than what we have atmospheric wise.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on April 15th, 2020, 7:15 am
Random Guesses (Ignoring what is rumored)

SFOT- Scream from SFMM
SFOG- Waterpark Expansion
SFStL- Blue Hawk treatment to Ninja
SFGAdv- Congo Rapids Overhaul into Penguin's Blizzard River
SFMM- Flat Ride and Scream Removed
SFGAm- Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown with 5 New Rides
SFAm- New GCI Trains on Roar and a rename
SFFT- New Name, Paint, and Train for Boomerang
TGE- Waterpark Expansion
SFDK- New Trains, Paint, and rename for Kong
SFNE- Waterpark Expansion and Goliath Removed
SFMex- New Trains, Paint and rename for Boomerang
LR- New Trains, Paint, and rename for Boomerang
Frontier City- Goliath from SFNE where Nightmare Mine/ Thunder Road was
SFDL- New Name, Trains, and Paint for Mind Eraser

Trying to think Conservative to save money in 2021
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 15th, 2020, 9:29 pm
^ Interesting having Scream go to SFOT. I feel like Viper would go instead. I know they just refurbished it but at the end of the day I'd rather operate a B&M than an Arrow. Now, if they converted Riddler to a floorless, then Scream has to go. Personally I would love Riddler going floorless and then Viper being the 7 looper. Viper is awesome.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby masopustmaddux on April 15th, 2020, 9:33 pm
I’m pretty sure SF is gonna give them their 20th before they remove ANOTHER coaster. Maybe after they’ve officially gotten the record though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
masopustmaddux

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum