SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Park Opening delayed due to COVID-19 virus

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RobSFGAm on June 11th, 2020, 7:52 am
Now that Six Flags St. Louis is opening on June 22-25/ 26 (all guests), might get Great America pushed up as St. Louis is the closest distance to GA and borders IL.
Also Navy Pier re-opened most parts and that has a much smaller area to social distance as everyone goes in/out the same way and side of the pier, GA is more spread out. Plus GA could make the park circle one-way/direction to help minimize cross traffic distancing if that would get them approval sooner.
RobSFGAm

 
Posts: 246
Images: 5
Joined: November 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Postby JT2002 on June 11th, 2020, 10:23 am
Pritzker will be definitely feeling the pressure, but I'm sure he and his office have been focusing on a lot of other very important things. At least he hasn't shot the park down as "wait until phase 5" yet (knock on wood).
Pritzker's made mostly well thought out decisions about the virus before and Illinois is doing really well with beating this virus compared to other states, so whatever his decision may be I'll have faith it's what's best for the time being.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 253
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby Carlo on June 11th, 2020, 11:00 am
One of the key things we are missing is guidance from the CDC about amusement parks. CDC seems to be very slow on issuing guidances. I heard in another article about how slow they are. Pools and water parks guidance was issued on May 20th with IlIllinois issueing there own guidelines on June 5th. Illinois is the only state that is actually following the CDC guidelines, so I suspect he is waiting for the CDC to come up with some guidance before making a decision.

Also with many states having a large increase is cases I would not be surprised that some of these openings in other states gets postponed or they open for a short time and then are forced to close again.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Carlo
Carlo

User avatar
 
Posts: 573
Joined: July 14th, 2003, 8:18 pm
Location: Wheeling, IL

Postby anewman35 on June 11th, 2020, 2:49 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:Now that Six Flags St. Louis is opening on June 22-25/ 26 (all guests), might get Great America pushed up as St. Louis is the closest distance to GA and borders IL


No chance he cares what MO does, all the surrounding states have less restrictive rules on all sorts of things for a while. It might get different if/when we're the last state left, but at this point I don't believe any Six Flags that's not in the south even has a date yet, so I don't think he should be feeling overly pressured.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby DejaVu2001 on June 15th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Something worth noting, Six Flags Over Georgia opened today and their Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is closed due to COVID-19. Not surprised at all, if you really stop and think about it, everything about that ride is 100% not possible to deal with this situation.
DejaVu2001

User avatar
 
Posts: 2158
Images: 42
Joined: December 22nd, 2006, 12:43 am

Postby JT2002 on June 15th, 2020, 7:15 pm
I'm itching for an opening date. ugh :cry:
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 253
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 16th, 2020, 1:15 pm
JT2002 wrote:Pritzker will be definitely feeling the pressure, but I'm sure he and his office have been focusing on a lot of other very important things. At least he hasn't shot the park down as "wait until phase 5" yet (knock on wood).
Pritzker's made mostly well thought out decisions about the virus before and Illinois is doing really well with beating this virus compared to other states, so whatever his decision may be I'll have faith it's what's best for the time being.


:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pritzker is literally killing businesses in Illinois. While other states are allowing businesses to do what they can to salvage their livelihoods, his sole purpose, other than deprive more money out of IL residents, is to destroy what is left of our economy. Just yesterday he balked at lodging and hospitality to open to at least 50 % capacity to allow for hotels and venues to make up some money lost since March. Priztker, killing IL no less than Corona.

***Other states have theme parks open and IL is doing even better than them***
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby JT2002 on June 16th, 2020, 6:44 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:Pritzker will be definitely feeling the pressure, but I'm sure he and his office have been focusing on a lot of other very important things. At least he hasn't shot the park down as "wait until phase 5" yet (knock on wood).
Pritzker's made mostly well thought out decisions about the virus before and Illinois is doing really well with beating this virus compared to other states, so whatever his decision may be I'll have faith it's what's best for the time being.


:roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pritzker is literally killing businesses in Illinois. While other states are allowing businesses to do what they can to salvage their livelihoods, his sole purpose, other than deprive more money out of IL residents, is to destroy what is left of our economy. Just yesterday he balked at lodging and hospitality to open to at least 50 % capacity to allow for hotels and venues to make up some money lost since March. Priztker, killing IL no less than Corona.

***Other states have theme parks open and IL is doing even better than them***


Ummm. We've got some of the best coronavirus stats in the COUNTRY. So many lives have been saved from Pritzker's actions and caution. You can believe in the narrative that lost jobs matter more than the potential overwhelming number of lost lives, but the science and data shows the truth. I agree however that opening dates for much business (like Great America) is past due.
Image
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 253
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby anewman35 on June 17th, 2020, 9:27 pm
There's no secret, we have some of the best stats in the country BECAUSE we're being one of the most cautious states in the country. Nobody's ever going to get it exactly right, but I think it's far better to err on the side of keeping things closed a few weeks too long than open it up too early and have a resurgence and tank your economy all over again. Wait until it seems like time to open. THEN wait a few more weeks. THEN open.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby JT2002 on June 18th, 2020, 9:32 am
So I'm hearing there was another park meeting the other day in which Hank said they have not received reopening information or a potential date yet from the Governor's office, but just in case they are also preparing for if they can't reopen for the regular season. Planning is underway for a socially distanced Fright Fest, and if worst comes to worst, a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 253
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 10:05 am
JT2002 wrote:So I'm hearing there was another park meeting the other day in which Hank said they have not received reopening information or a potential date yet from the Governor's office, but just in case they are also preparing for if they can't reopen for the regular season. Planning is underway for a socially distanced Fright Fest, and if worst comes to worst, a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.


Of course not. His sole mission is to kill Illinois businesses. His fat ass gets fatter while IL loses more and more money which he will make tax payers pay for later. There is NO reason Great America is closed now. Wisconsin and Indiana are both open with their water parks. He does not give a damn about Great America or the people it employs or the catastrophic loss IL will endure the longer the park stays closed.

This week he stabbed the hospitality industry in the back again when he scoffed at the suggestion to increase capacity to at least 50%. What moron thinks restaurants/venues will survive at only 50 people capacity? Pritzker is more lethal than any virus.
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby DejaVu2001 on June 18th, 2020, 10:16 am
JT2002 wrote:socially distanced Fright Fest
:lol: Good luck with that

a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.
Again, good luck :lol:
DejaVu2001

User avatar
 
Posts: 2158
Images: 42
Joined: December 22nd, 2006, 12:43 am

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 10:25 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:socially distanced Fright Fest
:lol: Good luck with that

a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.
Again, good luck :lol:


:lol: Agreed .... knowing Pritzker he will only allow 50 people in December. In their car.
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby JT2002 on June 18th, 2020, 10:54 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:So I'm hearing there was another park meeting the other day in which Hank said they have not received reopening information or a potential date yet from the Governor's office, but just in case they are also preparing for if they can't reopen for the regular season. Planning is underway for a socially distanced Fright Fest, and if worst comes to worst, a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.


Of course not. His sole mission is to kill Illinois businesses. His fat ass gets fatter while IL loses more and more money which he will make tax payers pay for later. There is NO reason Great America is closed now. Wisconsin and Indiana are both open with their water parks. He does not give a damn about Great America or the people it employs or the catastrophic loss IL will endure the longer the park stays closed.

This week he stabbed the hospitality industry in the back again when he scoffed at the suggestion to increase capacity to at least 50%. What moron thinks restaurants/venues will survive at only 50 people capacity? Pritzker is more lethal than any virus.

I value and agree with parts of your opinion, but as it's been stated before, this thread is not for political opinions.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 253
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 11:11 am
it is not politics. It is directly related to Six Flags Great America and why it is not operating today.
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 18th, 2020, 11:26 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:it is not politics. It is directly related to Six Flags Great America and why it is not operating today.


But it politics. You know this. And you can't really believe that the Governor wants to kill business in the state. What POSSIBLE reason would he have for that? He's just trying to balance the needs of health with the needs of business, and you don't agree with where he ended up.

You say other states are opening up so why can't we? Other states are also doing worse with their case numbers than we are. There's a connection there. A dead business is bad, but a person can start over. A dead person is just dead. I approve of his choices, and the majority of the state agrees.

And do you really need to be making comments about his personal appearance?
You can disagree with somebody without being an asshole.

None of this has anything to do with the park, so I hope these all get removed like previous posts like this have.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby JackGlass on June 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm
Can't Six Flags or any business get a loan from the Federal Government? It seems as if that stimulus money was created out of thin air, why not take advantage of it?
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 424
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 18th, 2020, 1:03 pm
JackGlass wrote:Can't Six Flags or any business get a loan from the Federal Government? It seems as if that stimulus money was created out of thin air, why not take advantage of it?
Six Flags is a multi million dollar company
They have no business getting a loan from the government. Those loans are meant for small business so they can survive the pandemic not huge corporations that have tons of equity they can sell off if they need money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 615
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 18th, 2020, 1:11 pm
JT2002 wrote:So I'm hearing there was another park meeting the other day in which Hank said they have not received reopening information or a potential date yet from the Governor's office, but just in case they are also preparing for if they can't reopen for the regular season. Planning is underway for a socially distanced Fright Fest, and if worst comes to worst, a drive-thru Holiday in the Park.


Worth pointing out that SFGAd did a Drive-thru holiday thing in 2002/2003, so it's something Six Flags has done before...

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/WinterLights.htm
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 2:16 pm
anewman35 wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:it is not politics. It is directly related to Six Flags Great America and why it is not operating today.


But it politics. You know this. And you can't really believe that the Governor wants to kill business in the state. What POSSIBLE reason would he have for that? He's just trying to balance the needs of health with the needs of business, and you don't agree with where he ended up.

You say other states are opening up so why can't we? Other states are also doing worse with their case numbers than we are. There's a connection there. A dead business is bad, but a person can start over. A dead person is just dead. I approve of his choices, and the majority of the state agrees.

And do you really need to be making comments about his personal appearance?
You can disagree with somebody without being an asshole.

None of this has anything to do with the park, so I hope these all get removed like previous posts like this have.



The fact you cannot see this has everything to do with the park is astounding. The sole reason the park is not open right now is politics. There is no reason Great America is closed and has no communication from the tyrant running Illinois. Wisconsin and Indiana are open. States doing worse than IL are open. This is a public forum about the park. I have the same right to free speech you do. You call me an asshole I see him as the asshole for his mishandling of the situation. His failure to support and communicate with these industries which are clearly of no importance to him are directly impacting the park which I am a fan of and support. You need to read between the lines and be open to discussion without getting into a childish argument.
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 18th, 2020, 2:28 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:it is not politics. It is directly related to Six Flags Great America and why it is not operating today.


But it politics. You know this. And you can't really believe that the Governor wants to kill business in the state. What POSSIBLE reason would he have for that? He's just trying to balance the needs of health with the needs of business, and you don't agree with where he ended up.

You say other states are opening up so why can't we? Other states are also doing worse with their case numbers than we are. There's a connection there. A dead business is bad, but a person can start over. A dead person is just dead. I approve of his choices, and the majority of the state agrees.

And do you really need to be making comments about his personal appearance?
You can disagree with somebody without being an asshole.

None of this has anything to do with the park, so I hope these all get removed like previous posts like this have.



The fact you cannot see this has everything to do with the park is astounding. The sole reason the park is not open right now is politics. There is no reason Great America is closed and has no communication from the tyrant running Illinois. Wisconsin and Indiana are open. States doing worse than IL are open. This is a public forum about the park. I have the same right to free speech you do. You call me an asshole I see him as the asshole for his mishandling of the situation. His failure to support and communicate with these industries which are clearly of no importance to him are directly impacting the park which I am a fan of and support. You need to read between the lines and be open to discussion without getting into a childish argument.


You insulted him because of his weight. I think everybody sees who made this a childish argument. I'm done.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 2:46 pm
anewman35 wrote:You insulted him because of his weight. I think everybody sees who made this a childish argument. I'm done.


He insulted countless industries in the state. Just this week alone he stabbed hospitality in the back. I'll call him whatever I want. It is called freedom of speech. The childish part is when you can't have a discussion because someone does not agree with your option.
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby JackGlass on June 18th, 2020, 2:47 pm
I'm not a Democrat, but sometimes cats and dogs get along. lol I agree with JB on this one.

Cook and the collar Counties are huge population centers. If we have a surge in cases, it will overwhelm the hospitals and a lot of people will not be able to get the care that they need.

It's not just Six Flags, a lot of major events are being canceled in Chicago too.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 424
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby onyxhotel08 on June 18th, 2020, 2:54 pm
JackGlass wrote:I'm not a Democrat, but sometimes cats and dogs get along. lol I agree with JB on this one.

Cook and the collar Counties are huge population centers. If we have a surge in cases, it will overwhelm the hospitals and a lot of people will not be able to get the care that they need.

It's not just Six Flags, a lot of major events are being canceled in Chicago too.


Key word being if. You have to come up with solutions that don't destroy the business. He takes selfies with protesters while telling everyone to stay home. Lightfoot goes to get her hair done while telling everyone to stay home. Politics in IL :roll:

They already wasted 65 million on McCormick Place. Because of those IF's. What IF it will be fine? What IF 50-75% capacity will not cause a problem? Why is this tyrant not communicating with these industries that pump billions in the economy?
12 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

User avatar
 
Posts: 2821
Joined: March 6th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Postby anewman35 on June 18th, 2020, 2:54 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:
anewman35 wrote:You insulted him because of his weight. I think everybody sees who made this a childish argument. I'm done.


He insulted countless industries in the state. Just this week alone he stabbed hospitality in the back. I'll call him whatever I want. It is called freedom of speech. The childish part is when you can't have a discussion because someone does not agree with your option.


I never said you couldn't say it. I just said it made you an asshole. Freedom of speech, etc etc.

We can discuss it all you want. This just isn't the place, in the opinion of myself and many others.

You haven't once responded to any defense of what he's done, calling him a fat ass, a tyrant, and saying he wants to destroy business and stabbed businesses in the back. Sounds like you're really willing to have an open minded conversation.

I understand why you would want businesses to be open. Do you understand why I would rather not get Covid-19?

It's his job to weigh those things and take the appropriate actions, no matter what other states may be doing. I think he's doing a good job. You disagree. We both have that right. You can have the discussion (again, not here - mods, please delete all these posts!) without being an ass to the Governor or people who agree with him.
anewman35

 
Posts: 1288
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.