Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Holiday In The Park 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on November 19th, 2019, 1:37 pm
2019 Holiday in the Park Event Guide has been posted:

https://static.sixflags.com/website/fil ... -guide.pdf
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterfanatic on November 19th, 2019, 1:39 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:2019 Holiday in the Park Event Guide has been posted:

That’s 2018s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby UnclePennybags on November 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:

That’s 2018s

Weird! Yesterday, it was 2018's. Earlier today, it was 2019's. Now it's 2018's again. They still appear to be working on this site. I wish I would have saved a copy before it changed.
UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on November 20th, 2019, 8:50 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:

That’s 2018s

Weird! Yesterday, it was 2018's. Earlier today, it was 2019's. Now it's 2018's again. They still appear to be working on this site. I wish I would have saved a copy before it changed.

Checked this morning and the Guide was for 2018. In the afternoon, 2019. Now, 2018 again.

Fortunately, I downloaded a 2019 copy before it reverted. I added the 2019 Guide to the "Online Postings" thread.

To see full resolution, you may have to right-click the URL's or copy the URL's to a different window.
UnclePennybags

Postby Coaster Justin on November 20th, 2019, 10:14 pm
They got rid of Tamale's and Soup in a Bread Bowl?

Hopefully the turkey sandwich is included in the dining pass.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on November 21st, 2019, 12:33 am
Yeah. I just got an email from the park about Holiday in the Park and it had the link but it linked back to the 2018 version.

coasterfanatic

Postby rmceagle2021 on November 22nd, 2019, 9:28 am
I am hearing reports that they put lights all around giant drop. Can anyone confirm this
rmceagle2021

Postby CoasterDave316 on November 22nd, 2019, 9:43 am
They had lights around Giant Drop last year.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby rmceagle2021 on November 22nd, 2019, 1:47 pm
They only did half of the tower last year but I am hearing that they did the whole tower this year
rmceagle2021

Postby RobSFGAm on November 22nd, 2019, 8:35 pm
Yes, just went by this evening and it does look like the lights go all the way around Giant Drop.
RobSFGAm

Postby ChicagoCoasters on November 23rd, 2019, 5:22 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:

Checked this morning and the Guide was for 2018. In the afternoon, 2019. Now, 2018 again.

Fortunately, I downloaded a 2019 copy before it reverted. I added the 2019 Guide to the "Online Postings" thread.

To see full resolution, you may have to right-click the URL's or copy the URL's to a different window.[/quote]

Where is the Online Postings thread? I can't find it.
Or can someone just send a link for the 2019 guide?
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby ChicagoCoasters on November 23rd, 2019, 5:26 pm
Never mind I found it
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby HCF on December 10th, 2019, 9:57 pm
Six Flags had a lot to hold up to considering how incredible it was last year, and it just about met expectations, the lights are pretty, the rides are still fun, however don't expect walk ons on your favorite rides, many guests discovered last year HITP drew very little lines, so the park can get a bit crowded now. Overall, a very solid event, would totally recommend if you want one last ride on some of your favorite rides, I would discuss more such as food and shows, but I don't really go for either, take that as you will.
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 12th, 2019, 10:55 pm
We are planning on going to the park 12/15. With a HIGH temp of upper 20's what could be running realistically that day?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on December 13th, 2019, 7:25 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:We are planning on going to the park 12/15. With a HIGH temp of upper 20's what could be running realistically that day?

In 2018, one of the Last Call weekends had temps hovering around 30 degrees. No coasters were open. However, we had received a bit of sleet the day before (not much). At the time, the rumor was that the cold was keeping the ice on the tracks from melting, which took the coasters offline. There was a lot of speculation, but the park never came out and told us what was going on.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 13th, 2019, 8:56 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:We are planning on going to the park 12/15. With a HIGH temp of upper 20's what could be running realistically that day?

In 2018, one of the Last Call weekends had temps hovering around 30 degrees. No coasters were open. However, we had received a bit of sleet the day before (not much). At the time, the rumor was that the cold was keeping the ice on the tracks from melting, which took the coasters offline. There was a lot of speculation, but the park never came out and told us what was going on.

So "maybe" stuff can run Sunday provided there's no precip on Saturday. Sunday is showing 0% precip.
I was hoping to just get 1 more ride each on my top 3.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on December 13th, 2019, 11:06 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:

So "maybe" stuff can run Sunday provided there's no precip on Saturday. Sunday is showing 0% precip.
I was hoping to just get 1 more ride each on my top 3.

I also remember that some people were talking about the cold messing with the ride sensors. If so, you'll know about it with temps in the 20's.

Let us know how things go. I'd like to know how many rides can stay up in the cold weather.
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterfanatic on December 13th, 2019, 11:31 pm
I’m going tomorrow 12/14 and temperatures will start in mid 30s and then drop throughout day so I’ll let you know what operates. I went to SDC last year and they listed on there website the temperature that rides go down on. Nothing was able to operate under 32 degrees. I believe the lowest is 34. That’s a different park of course but just a good frame of reference.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 16th, 2019, 11:02 am
I went 12/15 and temp was in mid/high 20's and sunny. V2 was not running at all. A ride op at Batman said it had other problems that weren't related to the temp. Batman's operators were totally awesome today!
Raging Bull and X-Flight were running smoothly all day as well. I believe all scheduled rides (other than V2) were running.

Park was very empty. I was able to ride Raging Bull 5 without having to leave station, X-Flight 8x and I hit Batman 10x in a row (could have stayed on even more!). Chubasco (Peppermint Swirl) was fun. When I got on it, I was literally the only person on the ride right after opening. Even Dark Knight only had 10 people in front of me when I got in line!

Total ride count was 26 for only 3.5 hours. The lights looked amazing this year. I also heard MistleTones 2x at the Food Court. They really did a great job singing some carols.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on December 24th, 2019, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby UnclePennybags on December 16th, 2019, 2:15 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I went 12/15 and temp was in mid/high 20's and sunny...I was able to ride Raging Bull 5 without having to leave station, X-Flight 6x and I hit Batman 10x in a row.

Wow, I'd think your eyeballs would freeze. Sounds strangely fun and painful at the same time.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 16th, 2019, 3:34 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I went 12/15 and temp was in mid/high 20's and sunny...I was able to ride Raging Bull 5 without having to leave station, X-Flight 6x and I hit Batman 10x in a row.

Wow, I'd think your eyeballs would freeze. Sounds strangely fun and painful at the same time.

I had sunglasses on for part of the day so that helped, but my eyes were still tearing up! Also, I rode Raging Bull for first time ever in front row and I lost my ski hat :( Thankfully I had a 2nd hat (a "head sock") on underneath that one! Front row on Bull is provides sort of floater air over the hills, in the front, as opposed to the nice ejector air in the back. Back is still WAY better!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Muck Finnesota on December 22nd, 2019, 12:50 am
What a treat it is to be able to ride Raging Bull in December.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 24th, 2019, 11:58 am
Muck Finnesota wrote:What a treat it is to be able to ride Raging Bull in December.

AMEN! I'm super thankful that my top 3 were all running! And since my bday is 12/13 it was like a belated birthday gift.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Tardis1972 on December 28th, 2019, 11:02 am
Finally managed to get to HITP for the first time this year. Had a pretty good time but it’s really a bummer that Joker, Superman and HTFM weren’t open this but MGH and BEB were. So does anyone know why Maxx Force isn’t open for HITP? Does compressed air launch not work well in the cold or something?
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterNick3157 on December 29th, 2019, 12:58 am
Maxx Force Doesn't work well all year lol
CoasterNick3157

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum