Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Memberships: Deal or No Deal

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Sven18 on September 2nd, 2019, 12:50 pm
ilrider wrote:We just got new cards yesterday at the entrance without the guy even asking if we had our old ones on us, which we did. Nice to not have to go to pass processing.

If you show the entrance attendance your print out for 2020 pass,they are just going to probably assume you're a newbie and give you a new card.

The best thing SF has done and seen it at some other parks in the chain is the picture verification. SFNE also used that and I don't believe they got sued like in IL. They should use the hand held pass scanners with picture verification for meals and drinks too. If there was verification on drinks that would cut out the drink cup stealing.
Sven18

Postby ribsinbacon on September 2nd, 2019, 8:01 pm
I showed my print out- they saw my old pass and refused to issue me a new one- scanned my 2019 pass and told me to go to member services. Tried asking for a new card there- no dice. Next year I'll make sure to hide my lanyard. Guess is luck of the draw.
I've lost my coaster count.
ribsinbacon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 3rd, 2019, 12:12 pm
Sven18 wrote:The best thing SF has done and seen it at some other parks in the chain is the picture verification. SFNE also used that and I don't believe they got sued like in IL. They should use the hand held pass scanners with picture verification for meals and drinks too. If there was verification on drinks that would cut out the drink cup stealing.

Except for the advent of the freestyle machines! The attendant is hardly watching the machines all that closely.....
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby ilrider on September 3rd, 2019, 12:39 pm
Sven18 wrote:
ilrider wrote:We just got new cards yesterday at the entrance without the guy even asking if we had our old ones on us, which we did. Nice to not have to go to pass processing.

If you show the entrance attendance your print out for 2020 pass,they are just going to probably assume you're a newbie and give you a new card.

Last year, they asked if we had our old passes, but we did not, just had the voucher, so we got new passes. This year the guy did not even ask thankfully. Two years ago we got sent to pass processing. Guess it is just luck of the draw who you get at the gate.
ilrider

Postby UnclePennybags on September 14th, 2019, 11:34 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
launcher330 wrote:If I have a current dining pass and buy Another one during the flash sale does that give me double meals on that pass for the rest of 2019?

In past years it did, but you had to enter the park with your new pass first, then reenter with your old pass...I'll try again this year and see if I can still get double-food.

Double meals worked again this year. You enter the park with your voucher (don't let them see your old card). They'll give you a new card on the spot. Exit the park and come in with your old card.

Voila. Two lunches, two dinners, and two snacks. That's a lot of food, but I usually convert the dinners into snacks and take four pieces of fudge home with me.
UnclePennybags

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum