Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Is V2’s time at the park coming to an end

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby redrobinround on July 11th, 2019, 7:58 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:That's what sucks about every park getting something new every year. It squeezes the budget and doesn't allow for top notch rides.

Under the current formula IF Six Flags were to build a B&M Giga. It would end up being Less than 3,500 feet long and only have two trains instead of 3, in order to keep the price in the $15 million range.

You can't build a B&M giga for $15M, you can't even build a B&M hyper worth having for $15M in 2019, hence why SF has not built any B&M's since bankruptcy.

SF should look at Vekoma, they have revamped their line & are known for being very cost friendly.

I can’t believe no one corrected Sven18 on this but in fact Six Flags has purchased a B&M since bankruptcy and guess what it sits right in our backyard. Now watch another come to the chain in the next few years. Yes I agree that the chain will continue to follow the strategy they’ve been on since bankruptcy, however I think we will start to see some bigger investments in parks that are doing well for them, namely us.

One can hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All i really want is rmc eagle, some more flat rides, and better/cheaper resturant service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby ledgeland on July 11th, 2019, 9:25 pm
On one hand V2 seems like it has a steady line pretty regularly and seems popular.

On the other, I do think that MF increases the chances that they send V2 off to another park at some point.

Ultimately I think they keep V2 for the near future to keep the coaster count up for now.
ledgeland

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 12th, 2019, 12:30 pm
It's very eerie that the last 2 times I was at the park, by 9:20 pm; V2 station lights were all shut off. One day was more packed for the entire park than the other though. This is unless it closed early or something. Very, weird for July. Most of Yankee Harbor was this way though; not just V2, but only V2 had it's entire station lights off.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JaminOut on July 12th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:It's very eerie that the last 2 times I was at the park, by 9:20 pm; V2 station lights were all shut off. One day was more packed for the entire park than the other though. This is unless it closed early or something. Very, weird for July. Most of Yankee Harbor was this way though; not just V2, but only V2 had it's entire station lights off.

V2’s station has been packed every time I’ve walked past the ride. Often times, it also has some form of line too.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 12th, 2019, 7:18 pm
^I'm not talking about everytime you walked by it during the middle of the day. I'm talking about the last rides of the night line. None of the Yankee Harbor rides are even greater than 15 minutes at the END of the night, and that is strange to me for July, and all the crowds I've seen last visit. I know that people are going to say that it's because of Maxx Force, but the ride that I was on didn't have a walk on at the end of the night, and it wasn't Maxx Force.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JaminOut on July 12th, 2019, 10:53 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I'm not talking about everytime you walked by it during the middle of the day. I'm talking about the last rides of the night line. None of the Yankee Harbor rides are even greater than 15 minutes at the END of the night, and that is strange to me for July, and all the crowds I've seen last visit. I know that people are going to say that it's because of Maxx Force, but the ride that I was on didn't have a walk on at the end of the night, and it wasn't Maxx Force.

That also fully depends on guest traffic patterns and prime night rides. I would much rather ride Goliath, Whizzer, Raging Bull, or MaxxForce at the end of the night over Superman, Dark Knight, V2, or X-Flight just because of the atmosphere a night ride gives on these attractions. V2’s night ride is not much different as a result of the surround scenery and lack of ability to view the park at its top height.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 15th, 2019, 11:19 am
JaminOut wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I'm not talking about everytime you walked by it during the middle of the day. I'm talking about the last rides of the night line. None of the Yankee Harbor rides are even greater than 15 minutes at the END of the night, and that is strange to me for July, and all the crowds I've seen last visit. I know that people are going to say that it's because of Maxx Force, but the ride that I was on didn't have a walk on at the end of the night, and it wasn't Maxx Force.

That also fully depends on guest traffic patterns and prime night rides. I would much rather ride Goliath, Whizzer, Raging Bull, or MaxxForce at the end of the night over Superman, Dark Knight, V2, or X-Flight just because of the atmosphere a night ride gives on these attractions. V2’s night ride is not much different as a result of the surround scenery and lack of ability to view the park at its top height.

X-Flight is amazing at night! I suggest you give it a try. I really like right back row, outer seat!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby maxwellt on July 15th, 2019, 1:06 pm
^^

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum