Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

RMC EAGLE?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby IssaCoaster on July 12th, 2019, 1:40 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I totally forgot where I heard this from, but I heard an employee said to someone that after this season AE's trains won't be able to be used or they need to completely replace them. Not saying I do or do not believe it, but I hope they do give it a retracking and new trains soon.

Ghost Rider style do you think?

And what i mean by that is bring in GCI to retrack it and maybe add some new Millennium Flyers?

I think this is the best choice in my opinion. GCI can really fix up this ride.

I think we already discussed the GCI refurbishment. I don't think Six flags will see it as a worthy investment. They probably won't see it as marketable. That, and they will probably let the coaster go back to crap within a short time period because they won't want to maintain it like they're supposed to. Doing the conversion, the coaster would require less maintenance, and it would be a different enough ride experience.

Btw, do we really still think that Goliath is a hybrid? I thought we were past this. Anyway, Goliath and RMC Eagle would be very different ride experiences. Six Flags probably won't care about RMCing Eagle with Goliath in the park too.
IssaCoaster

Postby awefawn on July 12th, 2019, 2:57 pm
^yeah. I’d personally LOVE a GCI retrack, but the only people that would care a lot are coaster enthusiasts. RMC eagle would bring in crowds, cause these people grew up with this coaster and now its a completely new and thrilling experience.

although it would be sad to see a family coaster go, and the fact that if RMC eagle happens they’re probably gonna butcher the layout (dont you DARE take that iconic helix out, dammit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awefawn

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 12th, 2019, 3:43 pm
Viper 88 wrote:Ok you can retrack it but DO NOT TOUCH THE LAYOUT! There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to turn it into a hyper or turn it upside down or twist or change the cars. We already have a hybrid don't need another!

We have a hybrid? What coaster is a hybrid?

B&MGuy35

Postby maxwellt on July 12th, 2019, 4:43 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:Ok you can retrack it but DO NOT TOUCH THE LAYOUT! There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to turn it into a hyper or turn it upside down or twist or change the cars. We already have a hybrid don't need another!

We have a hybrid? What coaster is a hybrid?

People think Goliath is a hybrid, you can clearly see the layers of wooden track. Yeah there's some steel, but every woodie has some sort of steel

Edit - sorry if that sounded a tad rude, I wasn't going for that impression lol

Sent from my Moto Z2 Play using Tapatalk
Last edited by maxwellt on July 12th, 2019, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maxwellt

Postby jmanporty7 on July 12th, 2019, 11:13 pm
RMC Eagle would be similar to Goliath if, for example, they "Storm Chaser" American Eagle, or in other words, remove one side of it completely. Just because RMC Eagle would have a different set of elements compared to Goliath, doesn't mean they don't give off similar ride experiences.

Why don't you think that parks add multiple of the same type of coaster? Diamondback and Intimidator in one park would be pointless right? Different layout, similar experience. What about Raptor and Afterburn? Different layout, similar experience.

Then people might say that they will be different because would be wood and the other steel. Well, both of RMC's topper track and IBox track are just two different methods to accomplish a similar ride experience. RMC and SFGAm would have to be really careful to make sure a converted Eagle is different enough from Goliath. The obvious thing is to keep it dueling/racing.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just very much on the fence about the possibility RMC Eagle. There are just as many cons as pros with this, but people seem to ignore the cons just because this is RMC we are talking about.
jmanporty7

Postby redrobinround on July 12th, 2019, 11:24 pm
Goliath focuses on the size Rmc eagle focus on the airtime like untamed

redrobinround

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 15th, 2019, 11:26 am
I'm thinking that Goliath (itself) might need RMC treatment in about 15-20 years!! I'm totally serious.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on July 15th, 2019, 4:12 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I'm thinking that Goliath (itself) might need RMC treatment in about 15-20 years!! I'm totally serious.

I don’t want to be one to complain, but in the back row Goliath is rough at the bottom of the first drop and the drop coming out of the zero g stall. The same can be said for X-Flight last two turns, the ones surrounding the in-line twist.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 15th, 2019, 4:41 pm
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I'm thinking that Goliath (itself) might need RMC treatment in about 15-20 years!! I'm totally serious.

I don’t want to be one to complain, but in the back row Goliath is rough at the bottom of the first drop and the drop coming out of the zero g stall. The same can be said for X-Flight last two turns, the ones surrounding the in-line twist.

I have been pointing out on here that Goliath coming out of the zero-g stall is rougher than Demon's double corkscrew that most people complain about, but they don't complain about Goliath's roughness. :o

As for X-Flight, I absolutely love that last big right turn , while riding on right side, outer seat! It might be my fave turn on any ride at our park!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 15th, 2019, 6:35 pm
I don’t feel any roughness coming out of the zero g stall. Or maybe I’ve ridden a bit too many rough roller coasters.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby ArchitectPlayz on July 15th, 2019, 10:21 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I don’t feel any roughness coming out of the zero g stall. Or maybe I’ve ridden a bit too many rough roller coasters.

I don’t think it’s rough, but it is kinda jerky, I put my hands down for that part cause it feels like it’s gonna twist em off
ArchitectPlayz

Postby gottastrata33 on July 16th, 2019, 1:28 am
ArchitectPlayz wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:I don’t feel any roughness coming out of the zero g stall. Or maybe I’ve ridden a bit too many rough roller coasters.

I don’t think it’s rough, but it is kinda jerky, I put my hands down for that part cause it feels like it’s gonna twist em off

Lol! Love this. It is jerky, but not rough. Some of y’all don’t understand what rough is & Goliath ain’t it.

Bad rough - Ride “riddler” at SFNE. Single worst coaster I’ve ever been on.

Good rough - the Boss at SFStl sooo shaky but so damn wonderfully out of control. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby JaminOut on July 16th, 2019, 9:58 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
ArchitectPlayz wrote:

Lol! Love this. It is jerky, but not rough. Some of y’all don’t understand what rough is & Goliath ain’t it.

Bad rough - Ride “riddler” at SFNE. Single worst coaster I’ve ever been on.

Good rough - the Boss at SFStl sooo shaky but so damn wonderfully out of control. Lol

Look, Goliath as a whole is not a rough coaster. Overall it is VERY smooth. But it does have a rough patch directly after the zero g stall that is probably due to accelerated wear and tear of track as a result of how the train comes out of the stall.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby jmanporty7 on July 16th, 2019, 11:27 am
Goliath isn't rough, it's just very jerky, which pretty much every RMC is. Demon isn't really that rough either, it is very shaky tho which causes a lot of headbanging on the corkscrews. X-Flight also isn't rough, but it does have that famous B&M rattle during the turnaround before the inline twist if you're riding on the back half of the train (Rows 5-8).

What I define as rough is if it causes pain all around your body. Red Eagle in the last car (back three rows) is a perfect example of this, especially when going the giant helix turnaround and the grand finale helix at the end.
jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 16th, 2019, 2:49 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Goliath isn't rough, it's just very jerky, which pretty much every RMC is. Demon isn't really that rough either, it is very shaky tho which causes a lot of headbanging on the corkscrews. X-Flight also isn't rough, but it does have that famous B&M rattle during the turnaround before the inline twist if you're riding on the back half of the train (Rows 5-8).

What I define as rough is if it causes pain all around your body. Red Eagle in the last car (back three rows) is a perfect example of this, especially when going the giant helix turnaround and the grand finale helix at the end.

Please define "famous B&M rattle" . I'm really not sure what you mean and I've been on X-Flight literally 150x :)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JT2002 on July 16th, 2019, 6:16 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:What I define as rough is if it causes pain all around your body. Red Eagle in the last car (back three rows) is a perfect example of this, especially when going the giant helix turnaround and the grand finale helix at the end.

literally the exact reason that I would be fine with the park putting Eagle in SBNO for a year if that's what it takes to get it RMC'd right
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby jmanporty7 on July 16th, 2019, 10:17 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Goliath isn't rough, it's just very jerky, which pretty much every RMC is. Demon isn't really that rough either, it is very shaky tho which causes a lot of headbanging on the corkscrews. X-Flight also isn't rough, but it does have that famous B&M rattle during the turnaround before the inline twist if you're riding on the back half of the train (Rows 5-8).

Please define "famous B&M rattle" . I'm really not sure what you mean and I've been on X-Flight literally 150x :)

You never heard of a B&M rattle? Not all, but some of the B&M's have a "rattling sensation" during certain elements on their roller coasters, usually elements that pull high G's. This rattle isn't rough or painful at all, but its still noticeable whilst riding certain B&M's. Some examples are Banshee and Diamondback at Kings Island.
jmanporty7

Postby jmanporty7 on July 16th, 2019, 10:18 pm
JT2002 wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:What I define as rough is if it causes pain all around your body. Red Eagle in the last car (back three rows) is a perfect example of this, especially when going the giant helix turnaround and the grand finale helix at the end.

literally the exact reason that I would be fine with the park putting Eagle in SBNO for a year if that's what it takes to get it RMC'd right

That's what worries me tho. I don't want Eagle RMC'd unless they do it RIGHT.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on July 16th, 2019, 10:36 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:
JT2002 wrote:

That's what worries me tho. I don't want Eagle RMC'd unless they do it RIGHT.
I think this is everyone's worry my man. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 16th, 2019, 11:01 pm
Let’s be honest, it’s not gonna be right for everyone. I’m sure you’ll complain about it not being long enough, not tall or fast enough or being too similar to Goliath (which I still don’t understand that worry) So what is “right” when everyone has a different view on that? It’s RMC … they will do a great job. I highly Doubt we will be the first park in the world to get a bad RMC. Cmon guys.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on July 16th, 2019, 11:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Let’s be honest, it’s not gonna be right for everyone. I’m sure you’ll complain about it not being long enough, not tall or fast enough or being too similar to Goliath (which I still don’t understand that worry) So what is “right” when everyone has a different view on that? It’s RMC … they will do a great job. I highly Doubt we will be the first park in the world to get a bad RMC. Cmon guys.
We aren't gonna blame RMC, we're gonna let Six flags have it. Lol. But I won't care that much if Six flags severely resticts the space. Because RMC is good at doing compact layouts. However, Idk how Six Flags is gonna cut this layout. Because it's an out and back style coaster. We'll see. But imma probably enjoy the ride whatever they do with it.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 17th, 2019, 9:07 am
jmanporty7 wrote:You never heard of a B&M rattle? Not all, but some of the B&M's have a "rattling sensation" during certain elements on their roller coasters, usually elements that pull high G's. This rattle isn't rough or painful at all, but its still noticeable whilst riding certain B&M's. Some examples are Banshee and Diamondback at Kings Island.

When waiting in line I've heard some type of noise when X-Flight goes through the entire inline twist, almost like the sound effects from Six Million Dollar Man when he would use his bionic arm. Sorry, that's all I can think of to compare it to!

But I don't actually feel anything like a "rattle" during that element and I'm always totally off my seat.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby jmanporty7 on July 17th, 2019, 10:20 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Let’s be honest, it’s not gonna be right for everyone. I’m sure you’ll complain about it not being long enough, not tall or fast enough or being too similar to Goliath (which I still don’t understand that worry) So what is “right” when everyone has a different view on that? It’s RMC … they will do a great job. I highly Doubt we will be the first park in the world to get a bad RMC. Cmon guys.

I don't care about height or speed or even length. All I want is for the dueling factor to stay as well as have a different set of elements from Goliath (basically RMC Eagle can't have a zero-g stall or a dive loop). Whether it's 2 separate tracks or mobius loop, I don't care.... I'm just worried that they will cheap out and chop one side of the ride like Storm Chaser and RMC Gwazi.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on July 17th, 2019, 11:28 am
jmanporty7 wrote:

I don't care about height or speed or even length. All I want is for the dueling factor to stay as well as have a different set of elements from Goliath (basically RMC Eagle can't have a zero-g stall or a dive loop). Whether it's 2 separate tracks or mobius loop, I don't care.... I'm just worried that they will cheap out and chop one side of the ride like Storm Chaser and RMC Gwazi.

It's either they chop a side and have a bigger coaster, or chop the layout and reduce the height. Or they can chop the side and reduce the height and layout. Lol.
IssaCoaster

Postby redrobinround on July 17th, 2019, 12:07 pm
well what happened with colossus did they reduce height and chop lenght

redrobinround

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum