SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on July 26th, 2019, 2:37 am
I find It all very strange. I mean It’s not the first time this has happened to parks, especially SFMM - I believe DéjàVu opened for them in August of 2001. I am, as always very excited for the 2020 announcements so I hope It’s at the end of next month/early Sept. as usual. Although I’m still crazed out there aren’t more rumors for each park. I feel like SFMx could get the next “MaxxForce”. Although I see SFOG needing it more.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby jmanporty7 on July 26th, 2019, 11:30 am
SFOG is the best candidate to get the next S&S Air Launch coaster. I wouldn't mind if they smashed our records either. I really want to see a Six Flags park, or any American park really, do something insane with this coaster model. I'm talking 0-100 mph in 1.5 seconds insane.
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 305
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby gottastrata33 on July 26th, 2019, 4:59 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:SFOG is the best candidate to get the next S&S Air Launch coaster. I wouldn't mind if they smashed our records either. I really want to see a Six Flags park, or any American park really, do something insane with this coaster model. I'm talking 0-100 mph in 1.5 seconds insane.


Which to be honest, am crazed out they didn’t do that for us. Back in the day I used to imagine a Dodonpa coming here but I never imagined we’d even get anything close to that & now look. Still sour Maxx doesn’t even break 80 but I still adore the ride a lot & am so pleased we got it.

Random but I’d love to see a compact family spinner come back here.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 26th, 2019, 7:53 pm
I was listening to a podcast, and the pr person about Magic Mountain was saying that they had old structures (or something) around that area, and that's why it is so messed up with that roller coaster. That was the excuse. ???

Six Flags is really, really poor with building NEW rides this year and last. The pendulum ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas is not open yet, and that doesn't take that long. I think that park might have purposely delayed it because around the beginning of the year, they opened the dark ride again to a new theme, so they decided to move that ride (Joker) later in the year because they are open all year. They even just painted and added lights to their OLD swings (Zierer Wave Swinger), and they couldn't even get that open.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4401
Images: 32
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby B&MGuy35 on July 27th, 2019, 12:44 am
It’s my strong belief that from now on at the parks that are open year round will not have their attractions open with the rest of the chain and both Fiesta Texas & Magic Mountain are open year round. They don’t have to worry about closing for the season anymore so I’m guessing all future stuff will also
Work like this.
B&MGuy35

User avatar
 
Posts: 605
Joined: January 11th, 2012, 3:18 pm

Postby DeathbyDinn on July 27th, 2019, 1:10 pm
^^ While I cant excuse how late they started on Joker, the delay is from issues they’ve had with other ones. Wonder Woman at Great Adventure opened and than closed for weeks (might still be closed) due to motor issues I believe, so of course they’re gonna make sure that gets addressed before opening it. The swings have been ready for a while, but the park was directed to open both rides at the same time.
DeathbyDinn

User avatar
 
Posts: 801
Joined: April 21st, 2010, 5:08 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Postby staticshadows on July 28th, 2019, 1:47 pm
https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!
staticshadows

 
Posts: 455
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby AirTimeDaz on July 28th, 2019, 2:15 pm
staticshadows wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!


new rides & attractions as in plural? hmm very interesting indeed. perhaps a new kids zone with a few new rides (like that survey re: ESPN Zone w trampolines, etc) or maybe a couple flats? either way i'm intriqued
AirTimeDaz

User avatar
 
Posts: 212
Joined: August 22nd, 2013, 8:12 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on July 28th, 2019, 2:20 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:
staticshadows wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!


new rides & attractions as in plural? hmm very interesting indeed. perhaps a new kids zone with a few new rides (like that survey re: ESPN Zone w trampolines, etc) or maybe a couple flats? either way i'm intriqued


It’s a generic post of ALL of Six Flags. Not jus tour park! That’s why it’s plural.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 271
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Tardis1972 on July 28th, 2019, 2:32 pm
At least we know they aren’t getting rid of the season pass yet. I’ll be taking advantage of the flash sale as usual. Interesting that’s it’s early this year.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on July 28th, 2019, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

User avatar
 
Posts: 652
Joined: May 23rd, 2014, 11:42 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 28th, 2019, 2:33 pm
The new ride is going to be so bad that you have to buy the season passes before the new ride gets announced. lol lol I wonder when the Saint Nick's Village season passes will be offered. I will be planning to buy one this year, so I will go there during October for family friendly Harvest Fest.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on July 28th, 2019, 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4401
Images: 32
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby SiliconMessiah on July 28th, 2019, 2:40 pm
I’m excited to see the results and I honestly hope it’s an improvement to Camp Cartoon. The area needs some TLC and after having just returned from three days at Dollywood it would be nice to seen this park be more friendly to kids.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SiliconMessiah

User avatar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: September 25th, 2018, 8:59 am
Location: Buffalo Grove

Postby Tardis1972 on July 28th, 2019, 5:11 pm
Does anyone else think it’s funny that SFMM is going to announce their 2020 attraction before their 2019 attraction opens.
Tardis1972

User avatar
 
Posts: 652
Joined: May 23rd, 2014, 11:42 pm
Location: Six Flags Great America

Postby gottastrata33 on July 28th, 2019, 11:39 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone else think it’s funny that SFMM is going to announce their 2020 attraction before their 2019 attraction opens.


Very.

Also - something just hit me. With the 2020 announcement, do you think we’re gonna get an official one for SF China? Like more details about the park? Can you literally imagine an announce video or every ride for a brand new park? Is this possible or would they do it?! I’d watch it 150 times lol
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 29th, 2019, 12:27 pm
SiliconMessiah wrote:I’m excited to see the results and I honestly hope it’s an improvement to Camp Cartoon. The area needs some TLC and after having just returned from three days at Dollywood it would be nice to seen this park be more friendly to kids.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


AMEN!!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 927
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 29th, 2019, 12:28 pm
I just got back from our trip to Cedar Point and will be posting my review and comparison of it to our park.

For now, I really really would like for us to get a ride identical to Skyhawk! (non-spinning pendulum ride)

That thing was amazing! I liked it better than Maxair (spinning pendulum ride).

They can take out Revolution!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 927
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Sven18 on July 29th, 2019, 12:47 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:At least we know they aren’t getting rid of the season pass yet. I’ll be taking advantage of the flash sale as usual. Interesting that’s it’s early this year.



Comments on Season Passes in Q2 conf call.

"I want to reinforce that [b]the company has made a strategic move to membership in order to aggressively shift to a recurring revenue model and we are in the middle of that transition.[/b] One that enhances customer loyalty and will ensure consistency and stability in the long-term cash flow.

"Although, there will always be a segment of our guests, who prefer season passes, there is no reason we can't grow our membership penetration to more than 50% over the next few years, thereby, greatly increasing our percentage of recurring revenue."
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on July 29th, 2019, 12:52 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:At least we know they aren’t getting rid of the season pass yet. I’ll be taking advantage of the flash sale as usual. Interesting that’s it’s early this year.


Early for current season pass holders. Wonder if there will be a better price for renewals over new pass holders at the regular flash sale. Cedar Fair gives renewals a slightly better price and a perk of a free fast lane good for the current season.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Sven18 on July 29th, 2019, 12:58 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone else think it’s funny that SFMM is going to announce their 2020 attraction before their 2019 attraction opens.


More pathetic and poor park management than funny.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby got2havefun on July 29th, 2019, 5:18 pm
Sven18 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:At least we know they aren’t getting rid of the season pass yet. I’ll be taking advantage of the flash sale as usual. Interesting that’s it’s early this year.


Early for current season pass holders. Wonder if there will be a better price for renewals over new pass holders at the regular flash sale. Cedar Fair gives renewals a slightly better price and a perk of a free fast lane good for the current season.

There usually is a better price for renewals. However, it is usually only like $1 cheaper a season pass!!
got2havefun

 
Posts: 23
Joined: September 10th, 2009, 2:16 pm

Postby anewman35 on July 29th, 2019, 6:50 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone else think it’s funny that SFMM is going to announce their 2020 attraction before their 2019 attraction opens.


Very.

Also - something just hit me. With the 2020 announcement, do you think we’re gonna get an official one for SF China? Like more details about the park? Can you literally imagine an announce video or every ride for a brand new park? Is this possible or would they do it?! I’d watch it 150 times lol


I highly doubt it. The point is to sell season passes, seems rather unlikely the same Season Passes will work (remember, Six Flags doesn't actually own the parks in China), and even if they did, how many people in America would even be visiting?
anewman35

 
Posts: 1214
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on July 29th, 2019, 7:20 pm
anewman35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:Does anyone else think it’s funny that SFMM is going to announce their 2020 attraction before their 2019 attraction opens.


Very.

Also - something just hit me. With the 2020 announcement, do you think we’re gonna get an official one for SF China? Like more details about the park? Can you literally imagine an announce video or every ride for a brand new park? Is this possible or would they do it?! I’d watch it 150 times lol


I highly doubt it. The point is to sell season passes, seems rather unlikely the same Season Passes will work (remember, Six Flags doesn't actually own the parks in China), and even if they did, how many people in America would even be visiting?


They show SF Mexico & La Ronde. It’s under the SF name so I was just wondering.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 2036
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby Sven18 on July 30th, 2019, 7:50 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
They show SF Mexico & La Ronde. It’s under the SF name so I was just wondering.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Apples to oranges,,,,LaRonde & Mexico aren't licensing deals, SF owns them.
Sven18

 
Posts: 320
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby staticshadows on July 30th, 2019, 11:45 am
From the Great Adventure August Events Announcements

“2020 New Attraction Announcement – August 29
Stay tuned as Six Flags Great Adventure announces its highly-anticipated new attraction for 2020. After months of rumor and speculation, the legendary and monstrous details will be revealed at 5 a.m. via its website and social media. The world record-breaking project is slated to open next summer.”
staticshadows

 
Posts: 455
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby JackGlass on July 30th, 2019, 11:51 am
^ Whatever it is. I wonder if they'll theme it to the Jersey Devil. I'm still surprised Great Adventure doesn't have a ride themed to that.
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 391
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Wisco Woody and 17 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.