Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 15th, 2019, 8:44 pm
I think it'll be some waterpark addition themed to Hurricanes or severe weather. The bottom line was talking about severe weather heading for Six Flags.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 15th, 2019, 8:44 pm
B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 15th, 2019, 8:56 pm
No way its an RMC conversion of Eagle.... that's way too easy :lol: :lol:
JackGlass

Postby Chirojon on August 15th, 2019, 9:10 pm
JackGlass wrote:No way its an RMC conversion of Eagle.... that's way too easy :lol: :lol:

Yea, definitely a red herring.
Chirojon

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 15th, 2019, 9:16 pm
Chirojon wrote:
JackGlass wrote:No way its an RMC conversion of Eagle.... that's way too easy [emoji38] [emoji38]

They could possibly be announcing the closure of eagle tomorrow, while the 2020 ride is something else. Steel Vengeance closed 2 years before it's opening.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby Chirojon on August 15th, 2019, 9:17 pm
ChiefBeef234 wrote:
Chirojon wrote:
JackGlass wrote:No way its an RMC conversion of Eagle.... that's way too easy [emoji38] [emoji38]

Tut

They could possibly be announcing the closure of eagle tomorrow, while the 2020 ride is something else. Steel Vengeance closed 2 years before it's opening.

Now that is possible (and would be hella exciting, even if a couple years away)
Chirojon

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 15th, 2019, 9:38 pm
Also I just noticed that the shirt colors are red, white, and blue in that order...

ChiefBeef234

Postby JT2002 on August 15th, 2019, 9:54 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I think it'll be some waterpark addition themed to Hurricanes or severe weather. The bottom line was talking about severe weather heading for Six Flags.

#ChaseTheStorm??? Or maybe they're just referencing they are adding something record breaking to Hurricane Harbor, storm themed or not.
Last edited by JT2002 on August 15th, 2019, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 15th, 2019, 9:55 pm
Hate to break it to you guys, but Eagle's trains are getting sent to PTC for refurb over the offseason. From the looks of it, RMC Eagle isn't happening for a while... if ever.

With that being said, wooden coaster preservation is important. If we're being optimistic, we will hopefully get a large retrack of the ride for its anniversary year.

As for the new attraction, it's going to be a flat or something in the water park.
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby JT2002 on August 15th, 2019, 9:58 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Hate to break it to you guys, but Eagle's trains are getting sent to PTC for refurb over the offseason. From the looks of it, RMC Eagle isn't happening for a while... if ever.

With that being said, wooden coaster preservation is important. If we're being optimistic, we will hopefully get a large retrack of the ride for its anniversary year.

Are we sure it's for refurb, and they aren't just returning them to PTC for historical purposes, or they're restoring them for a static display kind of thing maybe while RMC gets to work on new trains?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 15th, 2019, 10:31 pm
I know this is for Six Flags Great America, but I might as well mention Orion at Kings Island. This is 300 foot, $30 million, 3 min ride, 5,321 length, B&M coaster and goes 91 mph. Do you think Six Flags will beat that? lol lol lol lol

I bet you a lot of Illinois people will be going to Kings Island next year.
Did I mention that I hate these Great America teasers. They don't tell you what ride is leaving, and they are all over the place every year. For last year, I still don't understand that stupid teaser. At least World's of Fun tells me what waterslide is leaving, and thus I know it's going to a water ride. For this teaser, it literally could be the Disco Scenic Railway for 2020 because the first teaser he's at Hometown Square, and than he's in County Fair areas where the other train station is. lol lol The Disco Scenic Railway now with THREE stations.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby FParker185 on August 15th, 2019, 10:40 pm
PTC won't touch Eagles trains, they've been modified so many times they are technically no longer PTC. If they do actually go back, they will be unrecognizable when they are returned. Would be similar to Viper's trains minus the grossly out of spec super-powered lapbar (air)springs
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby RCTClassic on August 15th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I know this is for Six Flags Great America, but I might as well mention Orion at Kings Island. This is 300 foot, $30 million, 3 min ride, 5,321 length, B&M coaster and goes 91 mph. Do you think Six Flags will beat that? lol lol lol lol

I bet you a lot of Illinois people will be going to Kings Island next year.
Did I mention that I hate these Great America teasers. They don't tell you what ride is leaving, and they are all over the place every year. For last year, I still don't understand that stupid teaser. At least World's of Fun tells me what waterslide is leaving, and thus I know it's going to a water ride. For this teaser, it literally could be the Disco Scenic Railway for 2020 because the first teaser he's at Hometown Square, and than he's in County Fair areas where the other train station is. lol lol The Disco Scenic Railway now with THREE stations.

I will be!
RCTClassic

Postby jmanporty7 on August 15th, 2019, 11:00 pm
Jacklw6499 wrote:Hate to break it to you guys, but Eagle's trains are getting sent to PTC for refurb over the offseason.

Where did you get this info from?
jmanporty7

Postby Jacklw6499 on August 16th, 2019, 12:08 am
FParker185 wrote:PTC won't touch Eagles trains, they've been modified so many times they are technically no longer PTC. If they do actually go back, they will be unrecognizable when they are returned. Would be similar to Viper's trains minus the grossly out of spec super-powered lapbar (air)springs

Tell that to maintenance dawg :lol:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2019, 12:32 am
Jacklw6499 wrote:
FParker185 wrote:PTC won't touch Eagles trains, they've been modified so many times they are technically no longer PTC. If they do actually go back, they will be unrecognizable when they are returned. Would be similar to Viper's trains minus the grossly out of spec super-powered lapbar (air)springs

Tell that to maintenance dawg [emoji38]
I still don't think this coaster will last long with its current condition. The RMC conversion or the retrack has to be just around the corner. Unless they really want to push the ride to its limits. The ridership cannot be good for this ride.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby anewman35 on August 16th, 2019, 10:33 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:___________

You get that's kind of the point, right? Like, if we KNEW that, say, the Tornado was leaving, that vastly limits what we might be getting. By keeping it vague, there are lots more theories and more discussion, which is what the park wants...
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2019, 2:18 pm
If we do get a water coaster, maybe they'll use the Hurricane Force name that Mardi Gras Hangover was originally supposed to have.

I'm really glad they didn't use that name for Mardi Gras Hangover.
JackGlass

Postby rct2123 on August 16th, 2019, 2:58 pm
RMC Eagle confirmed.

Just kidding.

I still don't see the Eagle standing for too many more years. An RMC conversion is likely to happen at some point. I'm not sure why it gets so much love. It's an OK ride, and a classic, but an RMC conversion would make it world class and still pay homage to the original ride. Seems like a win win to me.
rct2123

Postby JaminOut on August 16th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Lol. The operator on Goliath just said to make sure you ride Viper before they tear it down. The entire station freaked out.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby IssaCoaster on August 16th, 2019, 6:50 pm
JaminOut wrote:Lol. The operator on Goliath just said to make sure you ride Viper before they tear it down. The entire station freaked out.
NOOOOOOO! That's my favorite!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 16th, 2019, 8:05 pm
JaminOut wrote:Lol. The operator on Goliath just said to make sure you ride Viper before they tear it down. The entire station freaked out.

I could totally see the GP going crazy..... and the ride operator laughing to himself like "Gotch ya" :lol:
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 16th, 2019, 8:38 pm
Stupid
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 17th, 2019, 3:16 pm
Someone I know who works as mechanic/maintenance person said the Eagle trains go to PTC EVERY year.....
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby FParker185 on August 17th, 2019, 8:15 pm
They have always refurbished Eagle's trains in house, they run 2 trains per side while they 3'rd train gets redone and it just cycles through that way.

Last time I talked to Rebbie about the matter, he was reluctant to even sell SFGAm parts
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum