Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 1st, 2019, 6:44 pm
To me it screams water coaster. It said “blast” in the teaser. Proslide has a water coaster called the Rocket Blast Water Coaster so maybe that’s a hint towards that. Is 86 feet to y’all for a water coaster and is 23 mph to slow for a water coaster? I could see the three being the number of saucer turns on the ride. If you don’t know what I’m talking about look up thunder rapids at fiesta Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby JaminOut on August 1st, 2019, 6:51 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:To me it screams water coaster. It said “blast” in the teaser. Proslide has a water coaster called the Rocket Blast Water Coaster so maybe that’s a hint towards that. Is 86 feet to y’all for a water coaster and is 23 mph to slow for a water coaster? I could see the three being the number of saucer turns on the ride. If you don’t know what I’m talking about look up thunder rapids at fiesta Texas.

Thunder Rapids is only three stories tall, so 86 feet would seem highly unlikely. I’m not sure where the 23 would fit in either.

I went through to try to figure out how I could get numbers to match up, but Skyscreamers, Discoveries (Regular and Giga), and the other flat rides Six Flags has added recently don’t correspond with the numbers provided to us.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on August 1st, 2019, 7:02 pm
Here is what the ticker said:
Man sets record after eating 86 funnel cakes. 23 bags of cotton candy have gone missing at Six Flags Great America. Frequent coaster rider rides Maxx Force 3 times in one day.

Sets record
86 funnel = hinting at removing tornado? (“86” in reference to doing away with something.)
23 = not sure about this one,
3 in 1 or just 3

Or are they hinting at removing Funnel Cake Foundry, which is across from Sticky Fingers (cotton candy)? This would also be next to the other train station.
staticshadows

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 1st, 2019, 9:02 pm
Guys I think I decoded it.

So how many kids areas do we have here at SFGAm? Three
So there’s the third number

Kidzopolis has five attractions and camp Cartoon has four attractions. Let’s say we take the second number 23 and add that to the ride totals for each of these areas. So Kidzopolis would now have eight attractions and camp Cartoon with six. Oh right there’s the first number again 86. Look at the number of total attractions at camp Cartoon and Kidzopolis 8-6.

8-6: Number of Attractions At Kidzopolis In 2020 -8, Number of Attractions At Camp Cartoon In 2020 -6

2-3: Number of Attractions Added To Camp Cartoon In 2020 -2, Number of Attractions Added To Kidzopolis In 2020 -3

3: Number of Kids Areas At SFGAm

Thoughts???

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on August 1st, 2019, 9:11 pm
There are 86 track sections in a Mack power splash. The ride is 23sec long & it will be one of three in the world. Cmon guys.
gottastrata33

Postby staticshadows on August 1st, 2019, 9:18 pm
Which record do you think they are going for? The “sets record” part makes me think we are getting a flat ride or water slide. I also noticed the “Has your Summer flown by” comment in the video.
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 1st, 2019, 9:22 pm
staticshadows wrote:Which record do you think they are going for? The “sets record” part makes me think we are getting a flat ride or water slide. I also noticed the “Summer flew by” comment in the video.

Worlds Tallest & Fastest Discovery
Taller then SFMM & SFGADV

Water Slide to Magic Waters

B&MGuy35

Postby JackGlass on August 2nd, 2019, 4:45 am
Summer fly by.... Have a blast.... Another launch coaster? Making it our third?

Seems unlikely that we would get another coaster next year. But you never know with Six Flags. lol
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on August 2nd, 2019, 7:45 am
gottastrata33 wrote:There are 86 track sections in a Mack power splash. The ride is 23sec long & it will be one of three in the world. Cmon guys.

Not sure if you were kidding or not, but the ride is 40 seconds long.
ilrider

Postby Chirojon on August 2nd, 2019, 10:37 am
I don't see how we could possibly get a coaster of any form (water). I feel we won't get a coaster for several more years now since we've had numerous within close time-frames (though something has to be done with Eagle in the near near future). This has to be a flat or upgrade to a children(s) area(s). Or an addition to HH.

I'm leaning towards a flat though.
Chirojon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 2nd, 2019, 10:42 am
I think I've got it:

Dispatch time between trains will be 86 seconds.
Ride will last 23 seconds.
There will be a 3 hour wait ??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 2nd, 2019, 11:02 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I think I've got it:

Dispatch time between trains will be 86 seconds.
Ride will last 23 seconds.
There will be a 3 hour wait ??

Oh my lord!!! I’m laughing so hard right now. Jeez

ChicagoCoasters

Postby SiliconMessiah on August 2nd, 2019, 12:54 pm
I'm trying desperately to find a way for these numbers to equate to an American Eagle refurb. However, that's not working out. With that being said, I'll be just as happy if the kids areas get updates as was mentioned above.
SiliconMessiah

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
^ You know I was kidding, I hope :)

I saw someone on another forum state this:
(86 * 23) + 3 = 1981

1981 is year Eagle was built!

Could be pointing to an Eagle refurb ?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 2nd, 2019, 1:39 pm
Hang on, the teaser also said that someone broke the record for eating funnel cakes and it also said someone stole cotton candy. Put the words steal and records together and you get "stealing" records! That number 3 can be how many records will be "stolen".
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby RobSFGAm on August 2nd, 2019, 2:09 pm
I was at the Employee Anniversary celebration yesterday and Hank did answer some questions from the employees.
I am going by memory, so I did not state the answers as quotes.

1) Will American Eagle get RMC'd?. Hank stated that they want to leave it Non-RMC'd. He then pointed to Goliath and said it would not add anything new that Goliath doesn't have (inversions. It would not have the amount of draw since there would not be too many differences between Goliath and RMVC'd Eagle then.
Also, for a lot of people in the Chicago area, it was their first coaster and they would not want them to touch/change it.

2) Will the Train be back? . Yes it will be back and they are doing work to the trains, cars and track. When I left I could see some of the train cars were getting some much needed attention. Looks like they are not just adding another layer of paint, but sanding down old paint layers, replacing wood (where needed) and then repainting. The first one they started on already looks much better than the second one that they are just start on.

3) Can you tell about next years attraction yet? Not yet because SF does a Nationwide reveal off what all the parks are getting. He also talked about how they tie in the membership Labor Day sale weekend with the announcement news. One thing that stood out was that he said they hold off announcements till then to make a "Splash" at the reveal time...could be me reading something there that means nothing, but seemed like a unique choice of words.

Other things that might not mean anything, but...
The construction shed off of Washington Street is still there which could mean it will be used again off season for either water park or American eagle refurbishment (just not RMC'd) Or Yes, they just have not moved it yet.
The train (SF-SRR) was not retracted/opened this year as well as the area used to bring in Maxx Force has not really been restored yet. I am talking about when you first walk into HH from within the park by Viper. Maybe they could be using that for plot of land for part of the water coaster construction/attraction since the area is already is semi-prepped and they would get two attractions where Pictorium used to be.

My thoughts about the teaser:
Does the 6 mean anything (way they use it in the 6 Flags News logo)? Stood out since the park always uses "Six" spelled out and not numerically.

Could the 3 = third aquatic addition?:
1 = HH opens
2 = Riptide Bay addition
3 = 2020 expansion?
Last edited by RobSFGAm on August 2nd, 2019, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobSFGAm

Postby coasterfanatic on August 2nd, 2019, 2:30 pm
That’s awesome that you got some answers from
Hank but I take anything he says with a grain of salt. He tends to not know very much about his park! He should but he just doesn’t. Plus if there are any plans to RMC, he’s not going to come out and say it, because Six Flags doesn’t operate that way.

coasterfanatic

Postby cliffhanger on August 2nd, 2019, 2:42 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ You know I was kidding, I hope :)

(86 * 23) + 3 = 1981

OR if you use the A1Z26 cypher, the numbers decode to "A I H A"

AN
INCREDIBLE
HURRICANE (harbor)
ADDITION
cliffhanger

Postby SiliconMessiah on August 2nd, 2019, 3:19 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ You know I was kidding, I hope :)

(86 * 23) + 3 = 1981

Thank you for making my day with that math! While I doubt that's what they're hinting, it makes me happy to imagine that that is the case. I love the Eagle and hope it gets taken care of so my kids can continue to enjoy it with me.
SiliconMessiah

Postby gottastrata33 on August 2nd, 2019, 5:53 pm
I was totally kidding about the super splash. ;) the only ride I know the amount of track segments it has, is V2 cause I have the blueprint of it. I have no idea how many are in a super splash.

This is the very first teaser. Most likely one of three/four. So we won't get another til next Tuesday. You all had it wayyy figured out last year & I doubted you. So please do whatever voodoo it is you do with these teasers. Haha

Another coaster would be wild. Like literally wild. I'd love to see an actual water coaster (Divertical or power splash) But I'd also love to see a pro slide water coaster. I just Hope if it's the latter, they don't claim it to be our "18th" coaster.
gottastrata33

Postby JT2002 on August 2nd, 2019, 8:51 pm
Don't be too quick guys on a new Hurricane Harbor expansion. Remember all the red herrings they gave last year where they kept doing videos in Hurricane Harbor and everyone was obsessed with a water park addition.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on August 2nd, 2019, 10:29 pm
So keeping in mind that the teasers are usually purposely misleading, the teaser is talks about Summer a lot, and the most Summery part of park is the Water Park. And it's filmed on the train bridge, which sort of overlooks the waterpark. But time will tell...
anewman35

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2019, 10:35 pm
I hope it isn't a waterpark addition. I think they should focus on the dry park especially because there's now Magic Waters.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby IssaCoaster on August 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I hope it isn't a waterpark addition. I think they should focus on the dry park especially because there's now Magic Waters.
How good is Magic Waters compared to Hurricane Harbor?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 2nd, 2019, 11:09 pm
I've never been to Magic Waters so I couldn't say. I just think they should give the waterpark additions to Magic Waters and Great America can advertise Magic Water's addition on the map.
SFGAM_Hog

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum