Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on July 16th, 2019, 11:04 pm
If it’s not that, they are gonna use what little land they have attached to HH into Maxx for a water park addition.
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on July 16th, 2019, 11:38 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:If it’s not that, they are gonna use what little land they have attached to HH into Maxx for a water park addition.

I really don’t think so. The waterpark is big enough and with the acquisition of Magic Waters, there’s really no need to expand it any further. The waterpark barely reaches capacity anymore after the last expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby jmanporty7 on July 17th, 2019, 10:25 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:If it’s not that, they are gonna use what little land they have attached to HH into Maxx for a water park addition.

I really don’t think so. The waterpark is big enough and with the acquisition of Magic Waters, there’s really no need to expand it any further. The waterpark barely reaches capacity anymore after the last expansion.

Well, we're going to need a water park expansion eventually... maybe not within the next 5 years since now Six Flags acquired Magic Waters, but SFGAm will still need one soon regardless. Plus one of those "water coaster" things like what Fiesta Texas got a couple years ago would be a nice addition to the water park.
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on July 17th, 2019, 1:42 pm
A Mack Power Splash is confirmed for SFOT. Scroll down on the following link and read the bill of lading.

https://panjiva.com/Six-Flags-Over-Texas/2136796

EDIT: Added Screenshot
Last edited by staticshadows on July 18th, 2019, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on July 17th, 2019, 2:08 pm
staticshadows wrote:A Mack Power Splash is confirmed for SFOT. Scroll down on the following link and read the bill of lading.

https://panjiva.com/Six-Flags-Over-Texas/2136796

Great news! Glad to see Six Flags and Mack working together again.
JackGlass

Postby jmanporty7 on July 17th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Wait so if there is a Mack PowerSplash coming to a Six Flags park next year.... does that mean that another Six Flags park will get a B&M Dive for 2020? Both ride models were mentioned in the same survey a while ago. Sorry about getting a little off topic, but who else thinks that SFGADV's new for 2020 ride is arecord breaking Dive Machine?
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on July 17th, 2019, 6:29 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:Wait so if there is a Mack PowerSplash coming to a Six Flags park next year.... does that mean that another Six Flags park will get a B&M Dive for 2020? Both ride models were mentioned in the same survey a while ago. Sorry about getting a little off topic, but who else thinks that SFGADV's new for 2020 ride is arecord breaking Dive Machine?

I don't know about record breaking. Those are big records to break for Six flags. Especially considering Yukon Striker was just built.
IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on July 17th, 2019, 9:10 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
jmanporty7 wrote:Wait so if there is a Mack PowerSplash coming to a Six Flags park next year.... does that mean that another Six Flags park will get a B&M Dive for 2020? Both ride models were mentioned in the same survey a while ago. Sorry about getting a little off topic, but who else thinks that SFGADV's new for 2020 ride is arecord breaking Dive Machine?

I don't know about record breaking. Those are big records to break for Six flags. Especially considering Yukon Striker was just built.

If Six Flags wants to break a record, they'll find a way to break a record. Even if they have to make it up.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby jmanporty7 on July 17th, 2019, 9:16 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:

Great Adventure could build "the tallest dive coaster on the east coast".... which in this case would mean it would only have to be taller than Griffon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which stands at 205 ft. It would be a very Six Flags thing to do.
jmanporty7

Postby IssaCoaster on July 17th, 2019, 9:16 pm
JT2002 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

If Six Flags wants to break a record, they'll find a way to break a record. Even if they have to make it up.

"Dive coaster with the least amount of theming in the world"
"Longest pause at the top of the lift in the world"
"Fastest duration on a divecoaster in the world"
LOL
IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on July 18th, 2019, 1:47 am
O m g no frickin way! Watch us get one too... that would be WILD. two launch coasters in two years lol. But really, wonder if someone else is gonna get one now. I’m shocked honestly. The only reason I thought This rumor started was cause of SF Dubai closing. But then when y’all told me about the rides goin elsewhere, I stopped Believing anything about this power splash. Wow
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 18th, 2019, 2:33 am
I don't believe any Six Flags is getting a B&M Dive Machine. Do you realize how much those things cost now? If you are talking Dive Machine, Six Flags would be more interested in the Gerstlauer version. About the Mack Power Splash, the only thing I can think is that since they have NOT sold a lot of them, these rides are cheaper right now. Only 1 is open right now with another set to open this year. It's not like these rides are selling like hotcakes with 30 of them all over the place.

If it is true, and the Screamscape guy is wrong (about Six Flags holding off with the Mack Power Splash), that would be 1 of 2 more expensive different coasters if you compare it to this year. The only other coasters for Six Flags in 2019 were S&S Free Fly. I don't get the whole thing about the Mack Power Splash. What I thought was going on is that Six Flags bought this ride for Dubai. However, Six Flags Dubai was cancelled. So, than that Mack Power Splash would have to go somewhere. However, than I heard that Dubai is keeping those rides that were ordered. So, why would a Mack Power Splash still come to Over Texas???

I read this statement on Bloloop about the Dubai amusement company: "With the addition of the new rides, including world record rides, we will further cement our position as the leading integrated theme park destination in the region." Maybe, that's why the Screamscape person says, it's on hold. I also don't believe at all that Six Flags Great America would get another large roller coaster back to back either.

The rumor about La Ronde (from Screamscape) is that they might take out a smaller Vekoma older ride, and than the rumor about the terrible / awful Green Lantern at Magic Mountain is that they would give that to La Ronde.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on July 18th, 2019, 8:01 am
I wonder if we'll see Six Flags work with Vekoma this year. A lot of those Vekoma cookie cutter coasters are inexpensive and would be perfect for parks like Frontier City, St Louis, Darien lake, America, etc.

Some of those launched models would be perfect for larger Six Flags parks like Great Adventure and Six Flags Mexico
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on July 18th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:If it is true, and the Screamscape guy is wrong (about Six Flags holding off with the Mack Power Splash), that would be 1 of 2 more expensive different coasters if you compare it to this year. The only other coasters for Six Flags in 2019 were S&S Free Fly. I don't get the whole thing about the Mack Power Splash. What I thought was going on is that Six Flags bought this ride for Dubai. However, Six Flags Dubai was cancelled. So, than that Mack Power Splash would have to go somewhere. However, than I heard that Dubai is keeping those rides that were ordered. So, why would a Mack Power Splash still come to Over Texas???

I don't understand your confusion. The shipping records confirm that the anchor bolt cages for a Mack Power Splash were shipped to SFOT. They are getting a Mack Power Splash, Dubai most likely has nothing to do with this.

The Texas parks are the prototype parks for new rides and events that Six Flags is considering cloning across the parks in North America. If the prices listed for Pulsar are accurate, 8.5 million Euros isn't very expensive.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on July 18th, 2019, 7:50 pm
The power splash coming here isn’t a rumor, I made it up just simply saying what I’d we pulled another 2017 & shared the same ride announcement. I also have brought this up a couple months ago just as an idea so maybe there’s confusion there.

However, I dont know much about city files but it looks pretty legit from that link. I really don’t think it has anything to do with Dubai. What I do Believe is SF did purchase a few of them. Cause there are plans for one in the China map. EDIT - wait - this is verrryy similar to what Dubai was going to look like...Image
gottastrata33

Postby got2havefun on July 24th, 2019, 8:04 am
Have they announced the date for the new additions announcement? I haven't heard yet. They usually time it around the labor day sale.
got2havefun

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 24th, 2019, 4:43 pm
^This is absolutely NOT the exact date, but about 2 years ago, I have the date as August 30th. So, it's around that time. To me, the park hours make ZERO sense. They advertise the new ride, and than they want people to buy passes, or memberships. They only give people one weekend + Monday (3 days) for people to do passes / memberships types of thing AT the PARK, and than they are closed for 12 days.

It would make a whole lot more sense for the park to open on September 8th & 9th (so people have another weekend to worry about that stuff), and than just move the Fright Fest to September 21 instead. People travel on Labor Day weekend to other places because you get more days off. Giving people only 1 weekend just doesn't make sense. I know. I know that you can buy your pass around Labor Day, and than if you have problems, you go to the park during Fright Fest, but Fright Fest isn't even family friendly even though they say go before 5pm, before the monsters come. It's not just monsters that makes this event unacceptable for people / kids.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JT2002 on July 24th, 2019, 5:53 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^This is absolutely NOT the exact date, but about 2 years ago, I have the date as August 30th. So, it's around that time. To me, the park hours make ZERO sense. They advertise the new ride, and than they want people to buy passes, or memberships. They only give people one weekend + Monday (3 days) for people to do passes / memberships types of thing AT the PARK, and than they are closed for 12 days.

It would make a whole lot more sense for the park to open on September 8th & 9th (so people have another weekend to worry about that stuff), and than just move the October thing to September 21 instead. People travel on Labor Day weekend to other places because you get more days off. Giving people only 1 weekend just doesn't make sense. I know. I know that you can buy your pass around Labor Day, and than if you have problems, you go to the park during October fest time, but October fest time isn't even family friendly even though they say go before 5pm, before the monsters come. It's not just monsters that makes this event unacceptable for people / kids.

I've heard they are pushing the announcement date back to mid September due to West Coast Racers' late opening. Also, the park doesn't really invest in having people come back to the park. It's one and done or you buy an expensive membership and only then come back.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby gottastrata33 on July 25th, 2019, 1:36 am
So we allll gotta suffer cause SFMM is behind?! Lol kidding but I would love to know if this is true.

random - but I had A dream that we got an RMC single rail coaster called Gigarex. The sign was literally a trex biting the word gigarex. It was incredible. Yes it was a giga & it was green. I loved it & im sad it isn’t real lol ;D so that’s my prediction for 2020. No exceptions!
gottastrata33

Postby Sven18 on July 25th, 2019, 7:50 am
gottastrata33 wrote:However, I dont know much about city files but it looks pretty legit from that link. I really don’t think it has anything to do with Dubai. What I do Believe is SF did purchase a few of them. Cause there are plans for one in the China map. EDIT - wait - this is verrryy similar to what Dubai was going to look like...Image

What any foreign park gets has no relevance to North American parks. So, saying the plans in China or Dubai have one means nothing. The foreign parks are owned & all Capex comes from the developers, not SF.
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on July 25th, 2019, 10:53 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^This is absolutely NOT the exact date, but about 2 years ago, I have the date as August 30th. So, it's around that time. To me, the park hours make ZERO sense. They advertise the new ride, and than they want people to buy passes, or memberships. They only give people one weekend + Monday (3 days) for people to do passes / memberships types of thing AT the PARK, and than they are closed for 12 days.

It would make a whole lot more sense for the park to open on September 8th & 9th (so people have another weekend to worry about that stuff), and than just move the October thing to September 21 instead. People travel on Labor Day weekend to other places because you get more days off. Giving people only 1 weekend just doesn't make sense. I know. I know that you can buy your pass around Labor Day, and than if you have problems, you go to the park during October fest time, but October fest time isn't even family friendly even though they say go before 5pm, before the monsters come. It's not just monsters that makes this event unacceptable for people / kids.

I'm not going to get into Fright Fest being unacceptable or whatever, but I will say the park is open until December now and I'm pretty sure last year you just had to do it by the end of the year to get the gold upgrade.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on July 25th, 2019, 11:40 am
Sven18 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:However, I dont know much about city files but it looks pretty legit from that link. I really don’t think it has anything to do with Dubai. What I do Believe is SF did purchase a few of them. Cause there are plans for one in the China map. EDIT - wait - this is verrryy similar to what Dubai was going to look like...Image

What any foreign park gets has no relevance to North American parks. So, saying the plans in China or Dubai have one means nothing. The foreign parks are owned & all Capex comes from the developers, not SF.

That’s not my point- the layouts of the park & the rides are identical in many areas between China & Dubai.
gottastrata33

Postby Sven18 on July 25th, 2019, 3:20 pm
Sven18 wrote:

That’s not my point- the layouts of the park & the rides are identical in many areas between China & Dubai.[/quote]
SF Did not purchae anything, which was your original post saying SF purchased a "few of them." They didn't..SF purchased nothing regarding any foreign park.
Sven18

Postby gottastrata33 on July 25th, 2019, 10:37 pm
Sven18 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

That’s not my point- the layouts of the park & the rides are identical in many areas between China & Dubai.

SF Did not purchae anything, which was your original post saying SF purchased a "few of them." They didn't..SF purchased nothing regarding any foreign park.[/quote]

Oh, I’m sorry - you’re right, I was Assuming that. I thought you were referring to me mentioning the two parks having a very similar appearance. But are you saying the company has nothing to do with purchases?
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on July 26th, 2019, 12:07 am
They are behind with all rides. The Hurricane Harbor expansion at one of the Texas parks just opened last week. But yeah, hard to advertise 2020 stuff when the new 2019 stuff isn’t even open. Building a new coaster at a park that’s 365 now is tough. Heck, they opened Crazanity in Mid July last year! Apparently MM is a mess now that’s 365.

coasterfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum