Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby B&MGuy35 on August 27th, 2019, 5:16 pm
JackGlass wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Do you guys have any idea who it would get built by? I'm guessing intamin from the animation.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I agree, the track looks like the new age Intamin track.

RMC has already stated that the T-REX can go 500 feet. But I don't think Intamin has ever commented on the 500 foot barrier.

Once again guys

Unless something has changed in the last few months, Alan Schilke stated in a interview that the T-Rex is still a few years off and we would prolly see the other model before the T-Rex. If there’s a T-Rex this year I will be very shocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby jmanporty7 on August 27th, 2019, 5:21 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote: Once again guys

Unless something has changed in the last few months, Alan Schilke stated in a interview that the T-Rex is still a few years off and we would prolly see the other model before the T-Rex. If there’s a T-Rex this year I will be very shocked.

Alan Schilke also stated that theres a midsize single rail coaster in development, something in between the raptor and the trex. He says that these coasters will be produced before the trex will.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby staticshadows on August 27th, 2019, 5:22 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:Do you guys have any idea who it would get built by? I'm guessing intamin from the animation.

I agree, the track looks like the new age Intamin track.

RMC has already stated that the T-REX can go 500 feet. But I don't think Intamin has ever commented on the 500 foot barrier.

Once again guys

They were talking about the park in Saudi Arabia that opens in 2023.
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 27th, 2019, 8:28 pm
ImageImage

B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 27th, 2019, 8:34 pm
I'm liking this a lot. And most of our predictions were correct[emoji1]. That's a wrap y'all.

IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on August 27th, 2019, 8:49 pm
Im honestly excited for this... Its a reason for me to finally go into our water park!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2019, 8:53 pm
Finally! I'm happy. But sad it was leaked haha Force 5 would have been a good name but this is good too. Also I called it goin over there. I mean the land isn't even developed & why would it be just to tear it up again?
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 27th, 2019, 8:54 pm
I don't really care about the waterpark..but this sounds pretty cool. So where is it going in the waterpark?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Absimilliard on August 27th, 2019, 9:16 pm
What surprises me is that this ride along with the one coming to Magic Waters are from WhiteWater, not Proslide. The tell is the fact it mentions "Aqualucent" effects which is what WhiteWater calls its clear slide sections.

For Magic Waters, I have a photo of the model of the slide they're getting. Will be awesome!
Absimilliard

Postby Absimilliard on August 27th, 2019, 9:23 pm

The tailspin element is the tight turn in the middle of the photo.
Absimilliard

Postby RBullFan97 on August 27th, 2019, 9:36 pm
Tsunami Surge sounds really cool. The world record actually means something this time and I love the name. I'm happy they're finally giving the water park something, and also something that will probably be good for families, a demographic they've kind of ignored the past couple of years.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby coasterjoy on August 27th, 2019, 9:54 pm
I’ve only been to HH once since it opened, but I’m excited about this and now I’ve got a reason to go!

coasterjoy

Postby ilrider on August 27th, 2019, 10:30 pm
Absimilliard wrote:What surprises me is that this ride along with the one coming to Magic Waters are from WhiteWater, not Proslide. The tell is the fact it mentions "Aqualucent" effects which is what WhiteWater calls its clear slide sections.

For Magic Waters, I have a photo of the model of the slide they're getting. Will be awesome!

The other tell is the water propulsion system for the uphill sections. Proslide uses LIM technology. That was when I knew it had to be Whitewater.

Glad we are getting this! It was the one thing HH was lacking.
ilrider

Postby Absimilliard on August 27th, 2019, 10:41 pm
ilrider wrote:
Absimilliard wrote:What surprises me is that this ride along with the one coming to Magic Waters are from WhiteWater, not Proslide. The tell is the fact it mentions "Aqualucent" effects which is what WhiteWater calls its clear slide sections.

The other tell is the water propulsion system for the uphill sections. Proslide uses LIM technology. That was when I knew it had to be Whitewater.

Proslide also make a water based propulsion system for water coaster. The RocketBlast was used on SFFT Thunder Rapids notably.
Absimilliard

Postby gottastrata33 on August 27th, 2019, 11:50 pm
Omg no is it really white water?! Lol it's gonna be so bad & break down all the time. Lol I've worked white water & proslide & let me tell you - nevermind.
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on August 28th, 2019, 1:25 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't really care about the waterpark..but this sounds pretty cool. So where is it going in the waterpark?

It's going in Riptide Bay. The only place I see that it can go is next to Maxx Force. As of a couple of days ago, I didn't think this was going to happen because I didn't think there was enough space for a water coaster unless they expanded into the parking lot.

How embarrassing. I'll now quietly tuck my tail between my legs and go back into my doghouse.
UnclePennybags

Postby coasterfanatic on August 28th, 2019, 2:13 am
So as always the info gets leaked again. Wow. Is it really that hard not to mess it up?

coasterfanatic

Postby coasterfanatic on August 28th, 2019, 2:13 am
So as always the info gets leaked again. Wow. Is it really that hard not to mess it up?

coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on August 28th, 2019, 8:37 am
Absimilliard wrote:
ilrider wrote:

Proslide also make a water based propulsion system for water coaster. The RocketBlast was used on SFFT Thunder Rapids notably.

Oh okay. Cool. Well, it still made me think of Whitewater since I know they worked with Schlitterbahn. I was thinking of their master blaster feature.
ilrider

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 8:48 am
coasterfanatic wrote:So as always the info gets leaked again. Wow. Is it really that hard not to mess it up?

I'm not complaining about it[emoji23]. The news made my day.

IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 28th, 2019, 9:15 am
I'm interested if it's longer than Six Flags other water coasters, how it compares. Maybe that would also hint at where they'll fit it (square footage wise) and how cheap the park decided to be this year.
JT2002

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 9:19 am
JT2002 wrote:I'm interested if it's longer than Six Flags other water coasters, how it compares. Maybe that would also hint at where they'll fit it (square footage wise) and how cheap the park decided to be this year.
Well there are 5 drops. It should be a decently sized water coaster.

IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2019, 9:34 am
When Chang was supposed to be installed. This is how it was going to look.

Granted, it looked horrendous and Six Flags made the right choice by not installing it at Great America. But it would have removed several parking spots as well as that big concrete pad.

Maybe that's where the new Water Coaster will go?
Attachments
chang1.jpg
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on August 28th, 2019, 10:32 am
Question becomes: Does GA count this as part of their coaster count?

I try to get to the water park at least once a year. I didn’t go this year. Guess this will make me go next year.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2019, 10:35 am
UnclePennybags wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I don't really care about the waterpark..but this sounds pretty cool. So where is it going in the waterpark?

It's going in Riptide Bay. The only place I see that it can go is next to Maxx Force. As of a couple of days ago, I didn't think this was going to happen because I didn't think there was enough space for a water coaster unless they expanded into the parking lot.

How embarrassing. I'll now quietly tuck my tail between my legs and go back into my doghouse.

Haha I told you, that's why that land is still all tore up. They didn't even bother putting sod down. Regardless of me having an opinion over two companies, I'm pretty excited for this. I hope We get an official video/announcement like they did for Fiesta Texas in 2015.

& lol to Chang. I remember when parts for that were over by Eagle back in 2010. Glad hat didn't happen. I've heard some pretty wild rumors that it was gonna be called "OMG" & we would have never gotten XF & riptide bay which ultimately may have delayed us from gettin this water coaster now. So it all worked out.

As far as I see, they're not counting it as our next coaster. Thankfully.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum