Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Falcon on August 28th, 2019, 11:41 am
JackGlass wrote:When Chang was supposed to be installed. This is how it was going to look.

Granted, it looked horrendous and Six Flags made the right choice by not installing it at Great America. But it would have removed several parking spots as well as that big concrete pad.

Maybe that's where the new Water Coaster will go?

I like to give this park's management a lot of shit, but man they did a great job dodging the Chang bullet. That would have been a horrible addition and I'm glad we (probably) got X Flight instead
Falcon

Postby RBullFan97 on August 28th, 2019, 12:07 pm
Falcon wrote:
JackGlass wrote:When Chang was supposed to be installed. This is how it was going to look.

Granted, it looked horrendous and Six Flags made the right choice by not installing it at Great America. But it would have removed several parking spots as well as that big concrete pad.

I like to give this park's management a lot of shit, but man they did a great job dodging the Chang bullet. That would have been a horrible addition and I'm glad we (probably) got X Flight instead

Yeah, I remember the Chang fiasco all too well. I remember when it became clear that it was going to Great Adventure instead, I was pretty upset since at that point it had been about 7 years since the last major coaster. But in hindsight, had we gotten Chang we probably wouldn't have gotten X-Flight, Maxx Force, and maybe even Goliath, so I think in the end it was for the best.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Chirojon on August 28th, 2019, 12:53 pm
RBullFan97 wrote:
Falcon wrote:

Yeah, I remember the Chang fiasco all too well. I remember when it became clear that it was going to Great Adventure instead, I was pretty upset since at that point it had been about 7 years since the last major coaster. But in hindsight, had we gotten Chang we probably wouldn't have gotten X-Flight, Maxx Force, and maybe even Goliath, so I think in the end it was for the best.

Interesting, I never knew about this whole fiasco!! (I took a long break from SF when I didn't live near the park and had 3 kids, so those years were a blur to me).

Reading about the history of this
https://sixflagsgreatamerica.fandom.com ... hang_Rumor

what exactly was the tipping point where it was cancelled?! It got so far as to have parts there and it never got past the 2nd board meeting in Gurnee... what was the issue/who pulled out first? (that's what she said).

Very interesting to see this history that I missed. Also, for those that have been on Chang (Green Lantern), how is it; would it have been nice to have or are you glad we got XF instead, seeing that it appears that XF wouldn't have happened?
Chirojon

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2019, 1:16 pm
I used to operate mantis & that's all I have to compare it to. Green Lantern was installed the year after I visited SFGAdv. I loved mantis but I'm biased haha. All I know is look at the route we've taken since 2011 vs them. They may have Ka & ElToro buttt I would prefer all our additions over theirs since.

I was so upset when we lost Chang. Cause apparently iron wolf would have received changs trains while "Chang" was to be converted to a floorless. But as we know, that didn't happen til 2015 with B&M until 2015 with mantis into Rougarou. Perhaps they weren't ready & realized having two stand ups in one park was literally ridiculous. That year we got Kentucky Kingdoms addition. Which we all know closed for a few year. Riptide bay was taken just as we did Joker to Mexico. We are bullies haha but I think, or at least in my head b&m was like well we could do this with you instead. Hence XF. Honestly highly doubt we would have had back to back coasters. But having a floorless would have been pretty kick ass. However, there'd be no room for this water coaster now soooo a decade later, it pays off in my opinion.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2019, 1:18 pm
I know this has nothing to do with us... But the 6th clue has come out for GAdv. As we all know by now. Every clue had a certain letter highlighted. In order from clues 1 to 6 the letters are...

C. R. E. Y. S. M.

Now if you scramble this up, you get...

"YES RMC" or "RMC YES"

Across this teaser series, they've said things like, "What is this mystery new attraction? We'll reveal there is only one, you won't be seeikg double when these six clues are done." Also in today's teaser they said, "It's unlike anything we have around." This makes it sound like they are getting a world's first attraction.

So what RMC concepts are yet to be built? Two actually, the Trex (large size single rail coaster) as well as the unannounced midsize single rail coaster. Either way, GAdv is certainly in for a treat in 2020.Image

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

Postby Chirojon on August 28th, 2019, 1:29 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with us... But the 6th clue has come out for GAdv. As we all know by now. Every clue had a certain letter highlighted. In order from clues 1 to 6 the letters are...

C. R. E. Y. S. M.

"YES RMC" or "RMC YES"

Across this teaser series, they've said things like, "What is this mystery new attraction? We'll reveal there is only one, you won't be seeikg double when these six clues are done." Also in today's teaser they said, "It's unlike anything we have around." This makes it sound like they are getting a world's first attraction.

So what RMC concepts are yet to be built? Two actually, the Trex (large size single rail coaster) as well as the unannounced midsize single rail coaster. Either way, GAdv is certainly in for a treat in 2020.Image

Wow, yes, pretty exciting for them!

(let's hope we have the same anticipation as them, *coughEaglecough* in the next year to three :)
Chirojon

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 1:44 pm
jmanporty7 wrote:I know this has nothing to do with us... But the 6th clue has come out for GAdv. As we all know by now. Every clue had a certain letter highlighted. In order from clues 1 to 6 the letters are...

C. R. E. Y. S. M.

"YES RMC" or "RMC YES"

Do you guys remember that dueling mobius rmc concept that we saw a while ago? Is it possible for them to get that too?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 28th, 2019, 1:48 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:

C. R. E. Y. S. M.

"YES RMC" or "RMC YES"

Do you guys remember that dueling mobius rmc concept that we saw a while ago? Is it possible for them to get that too?

The park basically said it’s not a dueling coaster so I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on August 28th, 2019, 3:33 pm
Great Adventure is getting a Raptor.
https://youtu.be/JXBauv0JW2c
staticshadows

Postby Chirojon on August 28th, 2019, 3:53 pm
staticshadows wrote:Great Adventure is getting a Raptor.

Wow, that looks incredible!! Much more stretched out Raptor (this appears out and back?) vs the other two... Awesome!
Chirojon

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2019, 4:02 pm
I love Christmas.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2019, 4:04 pm
Chirojon wrote:
staticshadows wrote:Great Adventure is getting a Raptor.

Wow, that looks incredible!! Much more stretched out Raptor (this appears out and back?) vs the other two... Awesome!
12 > 8 riders... That is what Maxxy was originally gonna be capacity wise! So that means I approve! I didnt know they could make the raptor trains longer. Hopefully this still runs on 3 trains tho. I assume they would but ya never know.

I definitely have to hit up GAdv for my first ever trip next year. As well as make a return to KI for Orion. 2020 is looking really awesome for the amusement industry!!!

jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 28th, 2019, 4:10 pm
I’m guessing 3 trains for sure. There appears to be a mid course brake run on it so it will be no problem. Maybe even 4 trains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 5:04 pm
I can't see the video, but I hope it is good

IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2019, 5:06 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:I can't see the video, but I hope it is good

Its on YouTube... Amusement Insiders posted the leaked video

jmanporty7

Postby Tardis1972 on August 28th, 2019, 6:23 pm
Well I definitely see us getting a raptor in the coming years now. Either 2021 or 22.
^ I can’t see the video either. It says video removed by user so they ust of been told by Six Flags to take down the video.
Tardis1972

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 6:48 pm
https://youtu.be/EptdBZU0cYU

The coaster looks really good. I can't remember the last time Six flags made a coaster long enough where it required a mid course break run. [emoji23] I personally don't see us getting one of these. I see the park having RMC to trick out Eagle first. Then maybe a Raptor. I honestly don't know what else we would need or want if Eagle gets the RMC treatment. The park is pretty well rounded as it is tbh. Btw, I think the water coaster is going to count as another coaster for the park. Tbh, I would take this as a coaster after the crap they pulled with the larson loop[emoji23]

IssaCoaster

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2019, 7:09 pm
So much for people claiming Six Flags would never put a Raptor in a big park because of capacity concerns...
anewman35

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2019, 7:13 pm
anewman35 wrote:So much for people claiming Six Flags would never put a Raptor in a big park because of capacity concerns...
I'm still very concerned about capacity. But at least they extended the train from 8 to 12 and added a MCBR to help.

jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:Well I definitely see us getting a raptor in the coming years now. Either 2021 or 22.
^ I can’t see the video either. It says video removed by user so they ust of been told by Six Flags to take down the video.

It looks like Magic Mountain isn't getting anything for 2020, except for some new events.

I personally hope they will start rolling back this "Every park gets something new, every year" and start putting in higher quality attractions.

The Jersey Devil looks awesome! It has great height, length and looks like a bad ass ride! I would much rather Six Flags build more rides like this and simply not give every park something new every year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-Qn-r55CqU
JackGlass

Postby anewman35 on August 28th, 2019, 8:49 pm
JackGlass wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:Well I definitely see us getting a raptor in the coming years now. Either 2021 or 22.

It looks like Magic Mountain isn't getting anything for 2020, except for some new events.

I personally hope they will start rolling back this "Every park gets something new, every year" and start putting in higher quality attractions.

I suspect it's less that and more the fact that their 2019 ride is so late that they can market it as new for next year as well...

Beyond Great Adventure, doesn't seem like a particularly high quality year so far from a coaster standpoint...
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2019, 9:58 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

I suspect it's less that and more the fact that their 2019 ride is so late that they can market it as new for next year as well...

Beyond Great Adventure, doesn't seem like a particularly high quality year so far from a coaster standpoint...

That is true!

It is awesome to see Six Flags dipping into local cryptozoology! I don't know if the Jersey Devil is real or not (I try to keep an open mind on things like this) But it is a very popular legend in New Jersey and its really cool to see Six Flags theming a coaster to a local legend!

Sadly, the Beast of Bray Road is in Wisconsin. Other wise, that would be a bad ass theme for a coaster at Great America.
JackGlass

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 28th, 2019, 10:08 pm
What time is the official announcement video posted?
SFGAM_Hog

Postby sfgamnut17 on August 28th, 2019, 10:10 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:What time is the official announcement video posted?
I read on Facebook 5am Eastern

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby jmanporty7 on August 28th, 2019, 10:11 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:What time is the official announcement video posted?
Sometime between 3-4am central time

jmanporty7

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum