Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby mugnezz on August 21st, 2019, 2:51 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
staticshadows wrote:Great Adventure's clues are pointing towards a Maurer Spike Coaster similar to Desmo Race and themed to the Jersey Devil.
https://rcdb.com/15717.htm
Idk how I feel about that ride. The capacity looks like crap.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

it doesn't look like shit. it's shit
I tried it last week, money thrown away for a useless ride
mugnezz

Postby BCarroll on August 21st, 2019, 4:00 pm
Before the last teaser tomorrow, I will post my final prediction. I think the 2020 addition will be some sort of water attraction in Hurricane Harbor. Whether it is watercoaster of some sort or a new slide, I think it will be placed in the unused land adjacent to Maxx Force. It may look tight, but Six Flags is innovative with this stuff. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Definitely not a rollercoaster or pendulum ride, though.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby got2havefun on August 21st, 2019, 4:53 pm
AirTimeDaz wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Along with Eagle going SBNO........

OR Revolution is going to be removed ??

Yea eagle sustained damage from the "storm" but the six flags rescue team vows to rebuild and make it bigger and GREATER than ever. In 2021 "the great american eagle" shall reach new heights and soar once more! and that could also just be my pipe dream but go off i guess :)

I hope they would redo eagles entrance if that is the case.
got2havefun

Postby rct2123 on August 21st, 2019, 6:13 pm
BCarroll wrote:Before the last teaser tomorrow, I will post my final prediction. I think the 2020 addition will be some sort of water attraction in Hurricane Harbor. Whether it is watercoaster of some sort or a new slide, I think it will be placed in the unused land adjacent to Maxx Force. It may look tight, but Six Flags is innovative with this stuff. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Definitely not a rollercoaster or pendulum ride, though.

I agree, this is my guess too.
rct2123

Postby RobSFGAm on August 21st, 2019, 7:03 pm
BCarroll wrote:Before the last teaser tomorrow, I will post my final prediction. I think the 2020 addition will be some sort of water attraction in Hurricane Harbor. Whether it is watercoaster of some sort or a new slide, I think it will be placed in the unused land adjacent to Maxx Force. It may look tight, but Six Flags is innovative with this stuff. I guess we'll have to wait and see. Definitely not a rollercoaster or pendulum ride, though.

I agree, I think that is why the space that was used for Maxx Force (Just through HH entrance), was not restored (putting the fence back and such.
RobSFGAm

Postby anewman35 on August 21st, 2019, 8:38 pm
So maybe I'm missing something, but I think the idea that the Eagle would be SBNO next year just seems crazy and has no chance of happening.

1. There's nothing in the teasers that seems to indicate that at all.

2. Some might disagree, but the idea of getting a RMC conversion seems unlikely, for money and Goliath reasons.

3. If they WERE doing a RMC conversion, why keep it closed for a whole year? THe last few Six Flags RMC conversions haven't done that.

4. If the Eagle as we know it WAS soon going to close forever, you can be sure they'd be promoting the heck out of that so people could come take their last rides.

What evidence is there that this IS something that might happen? Vague rumors that the ride is falling down?
anewman35

Postby IssaCoaster on August 21st, 2019, 8:40 pm
anewman35 wrote:So maybe I'm missing something, but I think the idea that the Eagle would be SBNO next year just seems crazy and has no chance of happening.

1. There's nothing in the teasers that seems to indicate that at all.

2. Some might disagree, but the idea of getting a RMC conversion seems unlikely, for money and Goliath reasons.

3. If they WERE doing a RMC conversion, why keep it closed for a whole year? THe last few Six Flags RMC conversions haven't done that.

4. If the Eagle as we know it WAS soon going to close forever, you can be sure they'd be promoting the heck out of that so people could come take their last rides.

What evidence is there that this IS something that might happen? Vague rumors that the ride is falling down?
I don't think it will go SBNO for next season. I don't think anything will happen to it for a few more years.

IssaCoaster

Postby rct2123 on August 22nd, 2019, 3:12 pm
I see the money argument against RMCing the Eagle all the time, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. RMCing an existing wooden coaster costs substantially less than building something ground up. Also, they RMCed an incredibly similar coaster in Colossus at Magic Mountain. We may never get RMC Eagle (I think we will), but money won't be the reason. This is right in Six Flags' price range.

I also don't totally understand the argument that we already have Goliath. Under that logic they should have never built Viper with Eagle already there. Parks build similar rides all the time.

However, I am with you on there being zero indication of this happening next year or Eagle going SBNO for an entire year. I think they would have a big announcement about riding it for the last time. Six Flags doesn't miss an opportunity to advertise a pointless event.
rct2123

Postby RCTClassic on August 22nd, 2019, 4:33 pm
rct2123 wrote:I see the money argument against RMCing the Eagle all the time, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. RMCing an existing wooden coaster costs substantially less than building something ground up. Also, they RMCed an incredibly similar coaster in Colossus at Magic Mountain. We may never get RMC Eagle (I think we will), but money won't be the reason. This is right in Six Flags' price range.

I also don't totally understand the argument that we already have Goliath. Under that logic they should have never built Viper with Eagle already there. Parks build similar rides all the time.

However, I am with you on there being zero indication of this happening next year or Eagle going SBNO for an entire year. I think they would have a big announcement about riding it for the last time. Six Flags doesn't miss an opportunity to advertise a pointless event.

RMCing an existing wooden coaster may not cost a ton, but RMCing a long dueling coaster will cost a ton. Yes they RMCed Colossus, but they didnt have an RMC and it is the park they spend so much money on.

Not building Viper because they have Eagle, makes no sense. The only thing they have in common is they are wood. Should they not build Maxx Force because they have V2, they are both steel and both launch, but let's be honest they are totally different. The issue should be providing a different experience. How many wing coasters, sit down loopers, non launch inverts, launched inverts, or anything else do we have, or for that matter any other park. The difference isnt because they are wood or steel. Goliath and AE would be very similar if they didnt want to spend the massive amount of money to keep it dueling. I would love if they RMCed Eagle, but they better keep it dueling if they do, whether 2 separate rides or a mobious loop like TC. If it is only 1 side, which is probably what they would do, then they actually would have similar rides in Goliath and Iron Eagle.

Refurb Eagle with GCI for way less money, and build us a RMC TRex later. That would be different! Hell, Six Flags doesnt care about capacity so it may be a Raptor, but it would be so much different for their lineup.
RCTClassic

Postby JackGlass on August 22nd, 2019, 4:40 pm
rct2123 wrote:I see the money argument against RMCing the Eagle all the time, but it doesn't make a ton of sense to me. RMCing an existing wooden coaster costs substantially less than building something ground up. Also, they RMCed an incredibly similar coaster in Colossus at Magic Mountain. We may never get RMC Eagle (I think we will), but money won't be the reason. This is right in Six Flags' price range.

Colossus wasn't an out and back like Eagle. When they RMC'd Colossus they removed 3,660 feet of track, because Six Flags was too cheap to spend the extra cash.

Eagle's out and back layout makes it much more difficult to cut corners like they did with Colossus.

Plus, would we really want a watered down RMC Eagle? That thing has the potential to be the best ROller Coaster in the world IF Six Flags were willing to spend the extra cash. That's why I would rather wait until the next CEO takes over, to see if he'll ditch this "Every park gets something new every year" strategy, and revert back to the old strategy of Higher quality rides but not every park gets something every year.
JackGlass

Postby RCTClassic on August 22nd, 2019, 4:52 pm
JackGlass wrote:

Colossus wasn't an out and back like Eagle. When they RMC'd Colossus they removed 3,660 feet of track, because Six Flags was too cheap to spend the extra cash.

Eagle's out and back layout makes it much more difficult to cut corners like they did with Colossus.

Plus, would we really want a watered down RMC Eagle? That thing has the potential to be the best ROller Coaster in the world IF Six Flags were willing to spend the extra cash. That's why I would rather wait until the next CEO takes over, to see if he'll ditch this "Every park gets something new every year" strategy, and revert back to the old strategy of Higher quality rides but not every park gets something every year.

Agree! Dont want a watered down version of RMC Eagle. If they do ot, do it right. Which is why I dont think they will do it.
RCTClassic

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2019, 4:56 pm
JackGlass wrote:

Unfortunately I don’t think we will see a change in strategy. The Six Flags Board is likely to choose a CEO that will fit with their current business model! I would love for it to be someone totally different but I just don’t see that happening unfortunately. I could be wrong.

As for the RMC Eagle, it’s possible it will happen but I think it’s been pushed further down the road with Goliath happening. At that time, it was either RMC Eagle (which I believe was original plan) but they elected to be a ground up RMC. I think GCI retracking Eagle makes the most sense. I’m afraid that Six Flags will cheap out on an RMC Eagle. They would have the opportunity to make it true racing coaster instead of the of way Twisted Collosus is designed with the one station and the trains needing to be timed properly. With the number of new coasters we’ve gotten over last several years, I think we will see a period where we won’t add any for a bit (like we had before we got X Flight).

Of course, just because we have Goliath doesn’t exclude us from having another RMC but at his point no park has two RMCs, let alone two RMC wooden hybrids. Not saying it can’t happen.

However, KIngs Island is adding a giga hyper coaster and they already have Diamondback which is a hyper as well. So that is two coasters with the same “model”. Only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Chirojon on August 22nd, 2019, 5:49 pm
I'm with the camp that I would love an RMC conversion...but would worry about neutering the track length...one of the things I love about Eagle is the layout. I would hope they would retain the spirit of the coaster; helix', bunny hills... have a record breaking drop for an RMC (though wouldn't it technically be a topper track like Goliath; which Goliath has one of the longest drops for that type in the world, no?)... higher than Steel Vengeance :)..in the same vein that Eagle was a world class record breaking woody when it came out... pipe dreams.

But on a serious note...can someone here speak to CGI and what that is as a refurb? Are there any examples out there from any of you who have experienced a before and after of a wooden that has underwent said refurb...how does it make it better aside from preservation, making it last longer? (smoother, less rough through course, etc)
Chirojon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2019, 6:07 pm
Looks like a waterpark expansion...
SFGAM_Hog

Postby sfgamnut17 on August 22nd, 2019, 6:11 pm
Saw this online, might be dumb but...

What if the picture of Joker after every video is a hint of RMC eagle in 2021 or the AE closure for RMC?Image

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2019, 6:25 pm
New teaser out that keeps with theme of water, severe weather and stuff like that. They mention the numbers 86 and 20. 86 leads me to believe that idea that a waterpark ride will move from HH to Magic Waters.

What’s the new ride going to the water park though? That’s the question.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2019, 6:26 pm
It skips forward a couple times while he's talking super quick 5 to 6 times i can't tell. So, 5 or 6 launches?
Last edited by gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2019, 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 22nd, 2019, 6:26 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote:Saw this online, might be dumb but...

What if the picture of Joker after every video is a hint of RMC eagle in 2021 or the AE closure for RMC?Image

How does a picture of Joker hint at that? I don't understand
SFGAM_Hog

Postby sfgamnut17 on August 22nd, 2019, 6:29 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
sfgamnut17 wrote:Saw this online, might be dumb but...

How does a picture of Joker hint at that? I don't understand
The joker track was made by RMC

GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby ilrider on August 22nd, 2019, 7:51 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
JackGlass wrote:

Of course, just because we have Goliath doesn’t exclude us from having another RMC but at his point no park has two RMCs, let alone two RMC wooden hybrids.

SF Fiesta Texas has 2 RMCs: Iron Rattler and the new Raptor coaster, Wonder Woman. Different styles, just like our 3 B&Ms. I would not mind another RMC at all.
ilrider

Postby IssaCoaster on August 22nd, 2019, 8:26 pm
An RMC Eagle and Goliath would be two completely different rides. Idk how many times we have to say this in here[emoji23]. Goliath is like a giant wooden twister. RMC Eagle would be an out and back coaster. Definetly a longer ride. It would probably focus more on the airtime than Goliath does. I but it would be really hard to cut corners on an RMC Eagle because of its design.

IssaCoaster

Postby anewman35 on August 22nd, 2019, 10:46 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:An RMC Eagle and Goliath would be two completely different rides. Idk how many times we have to say this in here[emoji23]. Goliath is like a giant wooden twister. RMC Eagle would be an out and back coaster. Definetly a longer ride. It would probably focus more on the airtime than Goliath does. I but it would be really hard to cut corners on an RMC Eagle because of its design.

Yes, an RMC Eagle and Goliath would be two different rides. But they would also be seen as very similar rides by many, especially the general public who aren't coaster enthusiasts. idk how many times we have to say this in here. In some dream world where Six Flags has unlimited funds and RMC has unlimited capacity, sure, why not do it? In THIS world, where SIx Flags is going to do AT MOST say 2 RMC wood/steel coasters in a year, I think they'd get a lot more bang for their buck putting one in a park that doesn't have anything like it as opposed to putting it in a park where there's a fundamentally similar 500 feet away.
anewman35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 22nd, 2019, 10:57 pm
Of course they will be different rides if they RMC Eagle, but there’s no doubt they would add an inversion or two as well. That crossover out of the helix would likely be where they would add that near miss high five element that TC has where the one train is upside down crossing over the other train.

Like I mentioned, I don’t think it happens anytime soon. They had an opportunity too a few years ago but elected for Goliath instead. The recent paint job would indicate they don’t have plans to RMC it. Why would they paint all of the lift hill supports if it was planning on RMCing it and potentially making lift hill taller etc. plus compared to a lot of other woodies across the country. The rides run really well. Much better than Mean Streak did.

coasterfanatic

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 23rd, 2019, 12:00 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Of course they will be different rides if they RMC Eagle, but there’s no doubt they would add an inversion or two as well. That crossover out of the helix would likely be where they would add that near miss high five element that TC has where the one train is upside down crossing over the other train.

Like I mentioned, I don’t think it happens anytime soon. They had an opportunity too a few years ago but elected for Goliath instead. The recent paint job would indicate they don’t have plans to RMC it. Why would they paint all of the lift hill supports if it was planning on RMCing it and potentially making lift hill taller etc. plus compared to a lot of other woodies across the country. The rides run really well. Much better than Mean Streak did.

This is exactly why they only painted the lift hill. Because future work was coming and also so it’s not needed to be done when the conversion happens. They prolly also replaced old wood already in the loft structure before painting. Only thing that would need to be painted then is the additional supports added to the lift when they make it taller.

B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on August 23rd, 2019, 12:11 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Of course they will be different rides if they RMC Eagle, but there’s no doubt they would add an inversion or two as well. That crossover out of the helix would likely be where they would add that near miss high five element that TC has where the one train is upside down crossing over the other train.

This is exactly why they only painted the lift hill. Because future work was coming and also so it’s not needed to be done when the conversion happens. They prolly also replaced old wood already in the loft structure before painting. Only thing that would need to be painted then is the additional supports added to the lift when they make it taller.

True but still not convinced that an RMC conversion is happening anytime soon. I think it’s at least several years off at least...could be wrong. That’s just my thoughts though.

coasterfanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum