Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on August 18th, 2019, 5:09 pm
I was at Hurricane Harbor yesterday and was chatting with a team member about 2020. He told me that Hank had let it slip in a meeting that the new addition is a huge water coaster. He said that it was confirmed by other higher-ups too, but they wouldn't say what ride (if any) would be leaving Hurricane Harbor. I asked another kid in the dry park, they gave me the same story.
JT2002

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 18th, 2019, 8:47 pm
^ I’m still not sure about getting information by an employee since they mostly don’t even have the information from the higher ups but if so ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby IssaCoaster on August 18th, 2019, 8:53 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ I’m still not sure about getting information by an employee since they mostly don’t even have the information from the higher ups but if so ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

The last time I got info from an employee, it ended up being pretty accurate. We can use it as a guide I guess though. And a Water Coaster does make sense for the park right now. Hurricane Harbor has not been getting much love recently.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JaminOut on August 18th, 2019, 10:33 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:^ I’m still not sure about getting information by an employee since they mostly don’t even have the information from the higher ups but if so ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Sometimes they let some employees know. In 2015 I had a friend who worked at the park. At a employee-wide meeting they told them the park was receiving a Justice League dark ride for 2016.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2019, 12:48 pm
^ A water coaster coming doesn't preclude Eagle going SBNO next year!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby JackGlass on August 19th, 2019, 2:03 pm
Water coaster makes a lot of sense. I just wonder if they'll market it as their "18th coaster" :lol:
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 19th, 2019, 2:24 pm
JackGlass wrote:If we do get a water coaster, maybe they'll use the Hurricane Force name that Mardi Gras Hangover was originally supposed to have.

I'm really glad they didn't use that name for Mardi Gras Hangover.
This actually does make a lot of sense. Six flags already owns the name and it would fit perfectly with the Hurricane Harbor theme. They get to re use a name that perfectly fits in their waterpark. They probably see this as an absolute win.

IssaCoaster

Postby staticshadows on August 20th, 2019, 1:31 pm
Great Adventure's clues are pointing towards a Maurer Spike Coaster similar to Desmo Race and themed to the Jersey Devil.
https://rcdb.com/15717.htm
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 20th, 2019, 2:14 pm
staticshadows wrote:Great Adventure's clues are pointing towards a Maurer Spike Coaster similar to Desmo Race and themed to the Jersey Devil.
Idk how I feel about that ride. The capacity looks like crap.

IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 20th, 2019, 3:13 pm
staticshadows wrote:Great Adventure's clues are pointing towards a Maurer Spike Coaster similar to Desmo Race and themed to the Jersey Devil.

West coast racers clone, not this
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on August 20th, 2019, 3:22 pm
I agree with the Jersey Devil theme. However, the park president said it will be "Tall, fast and steel" Those spike coasters aren't really that tall.

I personally think it will be a ground up RMC like Zadra and the whole duality thing is referring to the Wood supports and Steel track....as well as the dual nature of the Jersey Devil (Some say its good, others say its bad)

I could be wrong, but they seem to be hinting at something fairly large.
JackGlass

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 20th, 2019, 5:55 pm
judging by the latest teaser SFGAM and MW posted on FB, im thinking the "hurricane force" from sf great america/HH's new 2020 ride will blow one of their old rides all the way to magic waters. 8)
AirTimeDaz

Postby ilrider on August 20th, 2019, 6:07 pm
^So, Tornado to MW for water coaster for us? I was thinking MW could use a tornado slide when we were there last month. They only had a small funnel. While I like the tornado slide, it does open up a nice plot of land for a new attraction, and water coaster is the one thing I was hoping to see at our park. I am not a big water park guy, but I love 2 things at them: water coasters and lazy rivers. lol
ilrider

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 20th, 2019, 6:18 pm
[quote="ilrider"]^So, Tornado to MW for water coaster for us? I was thinking MW could use a tornado slide when we were there last month. They only had a small funnel. While I like the tornado slide, it does open up a nice plot of land for a new attraction, and water coaster is the one thing I was hoping to see at our park. I am not a big water park guy, but I love 2 things at them: water coasters and lazy rivers. lol[/quote}

yep that's what im thinking too! i had been thinking this for a few weeks already!
AirTimeDaz

Postby coasterfanatic on August 21st, 2019, 12:02 am
It appears that Magic Waters is getting something since they used the #MagicWaters2020 hashtag.

The capex stays the same so if both parks get something new, they it would affect are park. The most likely could be something moving from Hurricane Harbor over to Magic Waters and HH getting something new. And they can’t really add to water park without removing something...

It could still be something for the dry park that uses Hurricane Force as the name...they were going to use that for Mardi Gras Hangover.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2019, 12:50 am
Wasn't the full name supposedly Hurricane Force 5? I could see them just using the Force5 part.

Also like I've brought up before, consider the land next to Maxx isn't being developed. I'm telling you, it's easy land to put something in for HH.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 21st, 2019, 1:00 am
gottastrata33 wrote:Wasn't the full name supposedly Hurricane Force 5? I could see them just using the Force5 part.

Also like I've brought up before, consider the land next to Maxx isn't being developed. I'm telling you, it's easy land to put something in for HH.

I agree and I think that’s why they pushed the train back. They would have had to remove tracks again for construction so they decided to just wait till next year and refurb the train cars.

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2019, 2:09 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Wasn't the full name supposedly Hurricane Force 5? I could see them just using the Force5 part.

I agree and I think that’s why they pushed the train back. They would have had to remove tracks again for construction so they decided to just wait till next year and refurb the train cars.

It all makes sense.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 21st, 2019, 9:20 am
^ Along with Eagle going SBNO........

OR Revolution is going to be removed ??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on August 21st, 2019, 10:36 am
If that addition goes next to Maxx I'm almost positive we will finally see an entrance to HH coming to the front of the park on the other side of Victory Lane.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on August 21st, 2019, 11:06 am
gottastrata33 wrote:If that addition goes next to Maxx I'm almost positive we will finally see an entrance to HH coming to the front of the park on the other side of Victory Lane.

I hope so man! That would be really convenient.
JackGlass

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 21st, 2019, 11:08 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:^ Along with Eagle going SBNO........

OR Revolution is going to be removed ??

Yea eagle sustained damage from the "storm" but the six flags rescue team vows to rebuild and make it bigger and GREATER than ever. In 2021 "the great american eagle" shall reach new heights and soar once more! and that could also just be my pipe dream but go off i guess :)
AirTimeDaz

Postby JackGlass on August 21st, 2019, 11:24 am
What makes me skeptical about RMC Eagle in 2021 is that it will be Magic Mountains 50th anniversary. So Six Flags will probably give them a fairly large investment, which would take away the funds needed to RMC Eagle.
JackGlass

Postby IssaCoaster on August 21st, 2019, 12:00 pm
JackGlass wrote:What makes me skeptical about RMC Eagle in 2021 is that it will be Magic Mountains 50th anniversary. So Six Flags will probably give them a fairly large investment, which would take away the funds needed to RMC Eagle.
Do you think West Coast Racers will be finished by then?

IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 21st, 2019, 12:17 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
JackGlass wrote:What makes me skeptical about RMC Eagle in 2021 is that it will be Magic Mountains 50th anniversary. So Six Flags will probably give them a fairly large investment, which would take away the funds needed to RMC Eagle.
Do you think West Coast Racers will be finished by then?

:lol:
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum