Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JT2002 on August 28th, 2019, 10:14 pm
anewman35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:Well I definitely see us getting a raptor in the coming years now. Either 2021 or 22.
^ I can’t see the video either. It says video removed by user so they ust of been told by Six Flags to take down the video.

It looks like Magic Mountain isn't getting anything for 2020, except for some new events.

I personally hope they will start rolling back this "Every park gets something new, every year" and start putting in higher quality attractions.

I suspect it's less that and more the fact that their 2019 ride is so late that they can market it as new for next year as well...

Beyond Great Adventure, doesn't seem like a particularly high quality year so far from a coaster standpoint...

Well, if park attendance and stock price are significantly higher in 2020 than 2019, where certain parks like Magic Mountain (their largest park) still grow revenue while not having to add rides, I would hope six flags considers reevaluating their "every park gets a new attraction" strategy
JT2002

Postby IssaCoaster on August 28th, 2019, 10:20 pm
JackGlass wrote:
anewman35 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:[quote="Tardis1972"]Well I definitely see us getting a raptor in the coming years now. Either 2021 or 22.
^ I can’t see the video either. It says video removed by user so they ust of been told by Six Flags to take down the video.

It looks like Magic Mountain isn't getting anything for 2020, except for some new events.

I personally hope they will start rolling back this "Every park gets something new, every year" and start putting in higher quality attractions.

I suspect it's less that and more the fact that their 2019 ride is so late that they can market it as new for next year as well...

Beyond Great Adventure, doesn't seem like a particularly high quality year so far from a coaster standpoint...

That is true!

It is awesome to see Six Flags dipping into local cryptozoology! I don't know if the Jersey Devil is real or not (I try to keep an open mind on things like this) But it is a very popular legend in New Jersey and its really cool to see Six Flags theming a coaster to a local legend!

Sadly, the Beast of Bray Road is in Wisconsin. Other wise, that would be a bad ass theme for a coaster at Great America.[/quote]Actually, there have been sightings in Northern Illinois too about the beast. But I don't think this beast is nearly as popular as the New Jersey Devil. Besides, we got a Demon already[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby JackGlass on August 28th, 2019, 11:11 pm
That is true!

It is awesome to see Six Flags dipping into local cryptozoology! I don't know if the Jersey Devil is real or not (I try to keep an open mind on things like this) But it is a very popular legend in New Jersey and its really cool to see Six Flags theming a coaster to a local legend!

Sadly, the Beast of Bray Road is in Wisconsin. Other wise, that would be a bad ass theme for a coaster at Great America.[/quote]Actually, there have been sightings in Northern Illinois too about the beast. But I don't think this beast is nearly as popular as the New Jersey Devil. Besides, we got a Demon already[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Beast of Bray Road did get its own movie back in 2005! I remember buying a copy from the Blockbuster that used to be in Niles. RIP Blockbuster :lol:

When I was in Middle school, I used to watch this show on Animal Planet called Animal X. They had an awesome episode about the Jersey Devil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KPDMJYueyw

After seeing this episode, I always wanted Great Adventure to build a Jersey Devil themed coaster! I even wrote Kieran Burke (Former Six Flags CEO) about the idea! Now... in 2019.... They have finally decided to dive into the world of cryptozoology! lol
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on August 28th, 2019, 11:49 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:https://youtu.be/EptdBZU0cYU

The coaster looks really good. I can't remember the last time Six flags made a coaster long enough where it required a mid course break run. [emoji23] I personally don't see us getting one of these. I see the park having RMC to trick out Eagle first. Then maybe a Raptor. I honestly don't know what else we would need or want if Eagle gets the RMC treatment. The park is pretty well rounded as it is tbh.
Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

If Eagle does get not only retracked, but maybe even RMC'ed, then the next coaster to go in my opinion is Demon. With the news of the Jersey Devil themed coaster, I think it'd be cool even if they were to replace Demon with an RMC single rail coaster. No matter what they call it, they could still reuse the rock work and a great deal of the theming. I would hope they save the Demon sign too because I think it's the most iconic in the park. Here's the potential footprint they could fit a single-rail in. https://imgur.com/a/xOzV5Uo
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby gottastrata33 on August 28th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Lol I've seen that! & so many of us have wanted this to happen! It's pretty awesome they finally did it. I however don't like they did a typical devil. It should have been more woodsy like the legends. Butttt the name finally happened so whatever! Can't wait to see the rendering on ours. Hopefully. Let alone AquaMan & any other (again hopefully) surprises coming in a couple hours.

SFStl just officially announced their addition. Catwomans whip.
gottastrata33

Postby sfgamnut17 on August 29th, 2019, 12:09 am
SFSTL's 2020 attraction is... https://youtu.be/ywNh3MJ7UUU

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby gottastrata33 on August 29th, 2019, 12:31 am
I cringed. I'll be honest.
gottastrata33

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum