Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 12:35 pm
Sven18 wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

So they updated this announcement. Now it says this sale can only be accused with a special password that will be sent to your newsletter on the 14th. So does that mean the park is going to be emailing me the password?
Here’s the actual announcement

The 2019 Flash Sale officially starts August 26, but you don't have to wait that long, and you can get an even better deal. We will be hosting a special Flash Sale Pre-Sale beginning, Wednesday, August 14. This sale is ONLY open to our current 2019 Season Pass Holders and select friends. In addition to allowing you to reserve your 2020 Season Pass first, you'll also get a special (better) offer that will not be available to the public.

The sale is NOT open to the general public and can only be accessed with a special password. Please check your August 14 newsletter for the secret password.

The password part was in the newsletter(July 31st thru Aug 14). I received the email July 31st. Nothing changed. If you're a pass holder you'll get the password in the Aug 14th thru 31st Newsletter.

So, does anyone know what the details are for it today- August 14, 2019?
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 14th, 2019, 1:16 pm
Survey markets on the supports for the stairs on tornado in HH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby JT2002 on August 14th, 2019, 1:24 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Survey markets on the supports for the stairs on tornado in HH

Pics or it didn't happen

jk, I'll check it out tomorrow

If it's a water coaster I hope they use the opportunity to move the water park's entrance.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on August 14th, 2019, 1:29 pm
Maybe they'll move the Tornado to Magic Waters for 2020.

Those stand alone water parks seem to be exempt from the "Every park gets something new every year" strategy. So maybe Magic Waters will get an addition in 2020 and they'll hold off a few years before adding something else.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 14th, 2019, 1:42 pm
I dont wanna lose any more stuff. Gah.
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 14th, 2019, 2:02 pm
I didn’t have my phone
I saw it when I was in the lazy river. Not sure if you can see them from the ground cause I didn’t go on tornado.

Also doesn’t mean tornado is going anywhere. Last year there was survey markers in the supports for Bull and that’s still here as y’all can see.

B&MGuy35

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 3:01 pm
Well, underneath the Tornado water slide, the metal structure is rusting galore (because of the water). I'm surprised they didn't fix it yet. I don't see why they would get rid of the Tornado slide though. Just FIX it. If we were at the Ohio State Fair, they would say visible corrosion on the Tornado. Shut it down! FIX it! It's too popular at the waterpark. The Ohio State Fair would probably would shut down at least 3 rides at Great America for corrosion though one of them is only a fence that surrounds the ride. I have seen all of them. The fence literally has holes in it. After Labor Day, I will have to tell the park about these rides. One of them is blatantly obvious though.

The stuff that is not popular in the waterpark is the stuff all the way to the back of the waterpark / near the kid's structure. The newer section of the waterpark SLIDES (stand up coffin box slides and the mini Tornado) are even less popular than the Tornado.

If anyone notices corrosion on any ride, I suggest you contact the Illinois Department of Labor.
https://www2.illinois.gov/idol/Rides/Pa ... _form.aspx
They will actually make Six Flags fix whatever ride that is a problem. If you just email Six Flags, they will just blow you off. Don't bother the Department of Labor if it's just V2's poor painting of the track (especially the station). I'm talking about rust on rides. I'm also not saying that every Six Flags Great America ride has a lot of rust because it doesn't.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JackGlass on August 14th, 2019, 3:13 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Well, underneath the Tornado water slide, the metal structure is rusting galore (because of the water). I'm surprised they didn't fix it yet. I don't see why they would get rid of the Tornado slide though. Just FIX it. If we were at the Ohio State Fair, they would say visible corrosion on the Tornado. Shut it down! FIX it! It's too popular at the waterpark. The Ohio State Fair would probably would shut down at least 3 rides at Great America for corrosion though one of them is only a fence that surrounds the ride. I have seen all of them.

The stuff that is not popular in the waterpark is the stuff all the way to the back of the waterpark / near the kid's structure. The newer section of the waterpark SLIDES (stand up coffin box slides and the mini Tornado) are even less popular than the Tornado.

Even though it probably won't happen. I hope the next CEO goes one year without adding rides and puts the entire capex budget towards infrastructure and asset maintenance. That would really help the overall appearance of the parks.
JackGlass

Postby ilrider on August 14th, 2019, 3:17 pm
[quote=“Ilovethevu’”]So, does anyone know what the details are for it today- August 14, 2019?[/quote]

Got the email this afternoon. Passes $67.99, memberships start at $7.15. Seems similar to last year, though they did add a skip the line and a couple other perks to the passes. So, they aren’t dead yet!

I think we are just going to stick with passes. They get enough of our money with our 6 passes. Not getting sucked into the higher price of the memberships, and I don't want another monthly payment on our budget.
ilrider

Postby gottastrata33 on August 14th, 2019, 6:48 pm
While it's not as in depth as our teasers, the one Great adventure just posted is really exciting.
gottastrata33

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 7:17 pm
ilrider wrote:Got the email this afternoon. Passes $67.99, memberships start at $7.15. Seems similar to last year, though they did add a skip the line and a couple other perks to the passes. So, they aren’t dead yet!

I think we are just going to stick with passes. They get enough of our money with our 6 passes. Not getting sucked into the higher price of the memberships, and I don't want another monthly payment on our budget.

Thanks for letting me know.

A person from the Six Flags fan base club on facebook posted this about survey markers (I hope they are showing something in the park. Sometimes, people are being funny, and they post pictures of random places about where are they?)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1
Ilovthevu'

Postby anewman35 on August 14th, 2019, 7:52 pm
ilrider wrote:[quote=“Ilovethevu’”]So, does anyone know what the details are for it today- August 14, 2019?

Got the email this afternoon. Passes $67.99, memberships start at $7.15. Seems similar to last year, though they did add a skip the line and a couple other perks to the passes. So, they aren’t dead yet!

I think we are just going to stick with passes. They get enough of our money with our 6 passes. Not getting sucked into the higher price of the memberships, and I don't want another monthly payment on our budget.[/quote]

I was actually in the park when I got the e-mail today, and when I logged in my phone I swear the offer was a little cheaper and had some weirdness that implied maybe it was really for another park (i.e., it mentioned Spashtown, a separate Hurricane Harbor Pass, and didn't mention Magic Waters). But they seem to have fixed it now, hmm...
anewman35

Postby ilrider on August 14th, 2019, 7:59 pm
anewman35 wrote:
I was actually in the park when I got the e-mail today, and when I logged in my phone I swear the offer was a little cheaper and had some weirdness that implied maybe it was really for another park (i.e., it mentioned Spashtown, a separate Hurricane Harbor Pass, and didn't mention Magic Waters). But they seem to have fixed it now, hmm...

Yes! It at first had the pass price at $63.99, then it went up to $67.99 a few minutes later! I saw the Splashtown reference too. Thanks for confirming I am not crazy!
ilrider

Postby JT2002 on August 14th, 2019, 9:50 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:
ilrider wrote:Got the email this afternoon. Passes $67.99, memberships start at $7.15. Seems similar to last year, though they did add a skip the line and a couple other perks to the passes. So, they aren’t dead yet!

Thanks for letting me know.

A person from the Six Flags fan base club on facebook posted this about survey markers (I hope they are showing something in the park. Sometimes, people are being funny, and they post pictures of random places about where are they?)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1

Seems kind of sketch...

Speaking of the facebook club, anyone else see Chance the other day?
JT2002

Postby staticshadows on August 14th, 2019, 10:02 pm
JT2002 wrote:Speaking of the facebook club, anyone else see Chance the other day?

No, but a Hyper GT-X Coaster would be a nice addition.
https://www.chancerides.com/hyper_gtx/
staticshadows

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 11:06 pm
^^What's annoying is that he won't say were that spot is. He also said that these survey markers are not by the Tornado, but he seen the Tornado survey markers also.
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 14th, 2019, 11:26 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^^What's annoying is that he won't say were that spot is. He also said that these survey markers are not by the Tornado, but he seen the Tornado survey markers also.
American Eagle. 300ft RMC. Length 3000ft. Ride time.... 45seconds

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 14th, 2019, 11:41 pm
^Are you serious? That's a ride smaller in length than the other RMC in the park. What would they do with the rest of American Eagle's land? American Eagle is 4650 feet per side.
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 14th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^Are you serious? That's a ride smaller in length than the other RMC in the park. What would they do with the rest of American Eagle's land? American Eagle is 4650 feet per side.
It was a joke[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 15th, 2019, 7:39 am
It looks like price for people not currently passholders is 83.99 if buying 4 passes and 103.99 if buying a single pass. That's a slight increase I believe. Premium dining pass is 78.99 ( I paid over 90 last year).

Does anyone know when the Pre-Sale ends? I didn't see it on their site.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby got2havefun on August 15th, 2019, 10:15 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:It looks like price for people not currently passholders is 83.99 if buying 4 passes and 103.99 if buying a single pass. That's a slight increase I believe. Premium dining pass is 78.99 ( I paid over 90 last year).

Does anyone know when the Pre-Sale ends? I didn't see it on their site.

I don't think the sale price is reflected yet for non pass holders.
got2havefun

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 15th, 2019, 7:14 pm
Where’s the teaser for today?
I’m over here waiting like....

B&MGuy35

Postby RBullFan97 on August 15th, 2019, 7:41 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Where’s the teaser for today?

Honestly I've been thinking so much about the Kings Island announcement I forgot about the SFGAm teaser today. :lol:
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby staticshadows on August 15th, 2019, 7:42 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Where’s the teaser for today?

They are just hinting that the new ride will be late. Each video is posted later than the one before it. LOL

On second thought, tomorrow is National Roller Coaster Day, maybe they are announcing a coaster is closing tomorrow. They mentioned National Roller Coaster Day is August 16th in the second video

Here is something I found for SFNE:
1623 Main Street Agawam, MA maps to SFNE

https://www.agawam.ma.us/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/_08152019-1078
D. Site Plan – Ride Relocation – 1623 Main Street – VHB
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2019, 8:40 pm
& they're in front of Eagle...

Also no mention to the numbers. Except three times, a message for severe weather came up.
Last edited by gottastrata33 on August 15th, 2019, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum