Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ilrider on August 5th, 2019, 11:29 am
jmanporty7 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:Looking into water coaster stats:
Massiv at Schlitterbahn Galveston is 81 ft 6 &3/4 inches tall. 86 ft tall would break the record for world’s tallest water coaster.

Cutback Water Coaster is a new Proslide Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer water coaster that moves at up to 35 ft per second or 23.864 mph.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/cutback ... -now-open/

Maybe you blast 3 times in one ride.

If our water park actually got this.... I would be making my first ever visit to Hurricane Harbor :lol: :lol:

I don't know if Six Flags parks generally do this or not in recent years, but could we be seeing a water park expansion AND Camp Cartoon retheme/additions? I'm still on the bandwagon that something has to be going on with Camp Cartoon since the removal of the IP's. Weren't there people like painting the walls or something in there a few weeks back. If that's true, I don't think that's a coincidence, something has to be in the works for Camp Cartoon. And also the fact that the train isn't back yet and there's a plot of land that could fit something like Massiv. Could we be seeing a dry park and a water park addition next year?

Massiv is an in-house design by Schlitterbahn, so doubt we get a variation of that unless they outsource, but the Pro Slide option is very possible.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on August 5th, 2019, 12:46 pm
ilrider wrote:Massiv is an in-house design by Schlitterbahn, so doubt we get a variation of that unless they outsource, but the Pro Slide option is very possible.

Whitewater West has Massiv on their website, it appears they own or license the Master Blaster design.
https://www.whitewaterwest.com/products/master-blaster/
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 5th, 2019, 4:28 pm
I’m almost positive we only do work with pro slide ... we have almost every product from them lol
gottastrata33

Postby ilrider on August 5th, 2019, 4:59 pm
staticshadows wrote:
ilrider wrote:Massiv is an in-house design by Schlitterbahn, so doubt we get a variation of that unless they outsource, but the Pro Slide option is very possible.

Whitewater West has Massiv on their website, it appears they own or license the Master Blaster design.

They might own or license it now. Jeff Henry of Schlitterbahn invented the Master Blaster system originally. Massiv was created by Schlitterbahn with Whitewater. Still think ProSlide would be what we get if it happens.
ilrider

Postby staticshadows on August 5th, 2019, 5:11 pm
I agree with you, ProSlide is far more likely.
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 5th, 2019, 5:19 pm
staticshadows wrote:I agree with you, ProSlide is far more likely.
Proslide water coasters are pretty nice tbh. I would be happy with Proslide or the other model.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Absimilliard on August 5th, 2019, 5:38 pm
ilrider wrote:
staticshadows wrote:

They might own or license it now. Jeff Henry of Schlitterbahn invented the Master Blaster system originally. Massiv was created by Schlitterbahn with Whitewater. Still think ProSlide would be what we get if it happens.

Schlitterbahn sold the NBGS manufacturing side of their business to WhiteWater West around 2006-2007. WhiteWater now owns the designs to the MasterBlaster, wave machines, etc. Interestingly, they also bought around the same time the SBS Interactive assets who are the people who did Skull Island at Hurricane Harbor.

Verruck was an inhouse project done at a time where the parks had no expertise in doing so.
Absimilliard

Postby ilrider on August 5th, 2019, 5:59 pm
^Interesting. Thanks. Don’t even get me started on Verrukt. I had to hold back when typing Jeff Henry’s name, with what happened with that ride and what we’ve learned about his lifestyle since.
ilrider

Postby JT2002 on August 5th, 2019, 7:29 pm
Btw, it is confirmed that they'll release a new teaser every Thursday
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby anewman35 on August 5th, 2019, 9:27 pm
JT2002 wrote:Btw, it is confirmed that they'll release a new teaser every Thursday

That's not a surprise, but I'm curious to know where it was confirmed...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 5th, 2019, 9:32 pm
JackGlass wrote:That's what Great Adventure did this year. They added a giga discovery and a Hurricane Harbor expansion. Hopefully we'll get the same treatment next year

I don't know if it matters, but technically Hurricane Harbor in NJ is a separate park, while ours isn't. Can't think of an example offhand where a Six Flags with a Hurricane Harbor that is part of the main park (which ours is, even if it's a somewhat gray area because they charge for it in some situations) got a main park ride AND and a water park thing, but it's possible that I'm forgetting something.
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 6th, 2019, 1:08 am
I’ve been on a couple water coasters but none as frickin fantastic as the two at Holiday World. Both of those are proslide.

I did operate a whitewater water coaster at Kalahari back in the day & can confirm it’s s***. I have a lot of experience with both companies but proslide slides also look nicer, they’re innovative & deliver quality products. They simply do. They are the b&m of the water park world for sure. I do not care for whitewater all all & am very glad we have the collection we do. So bring on more proslides :)
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 6th, 2019, 12:57 pm
So from the teaser I was thinking the tallest and fastest launched water coaster but now with Holiday World’s announcement today I have no idea. LOL. I have to see more teasers before I can decide what I think is coming. Last year the park tricked us with the first 2 teasers making use think it may be a waterpark addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on August 6th, 2019, 1:16 pm
The new Holiday World water coaster doesn't appear to be very tall and travels at 30 ft per second or 20.4545 mph.
staticshadows

Postby Sven18 on August 6th, 2019, 1:56 pm
staticshadows wrote:The new Holiday World water coaster doesn't appear to be very tall and travels at 30 ft per second or 20.4545 mph.

The hype on Cheetah Chase from the press release is....."The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS™ where rafts will synchronize with one another."
Sven18

Postby staticshadows on August 6th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Sven18 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:The new Holiday World water coaster doesn't appear to be very tall and travels at 30 ft per second or 20.4545 mph.

The hype on Cheetah Chase from the press release is....."The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS™ where rafts will synchronize with one another."

I know, my point was that it doesn't take away from what we are speculating is coming to Great America in 2020. World's Tallest Water Coaster is still possible.
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on August 6th, 2019, 2:49 pm
A proslide water coaster is very welcomed to make Hh complete. But again, as long as they don't market it as our "18th" coaster I'll be good. Hershey park pulled that with Breakers Edge.
gottastrata33

Postby IssaCoaster on August 6th, 2019, 2:52 pm
staticshadows wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

The hype on Cheetah Chase from the press release is....."The ride features the first-ever head-to-head dueling zone on a water coaster, as well as two other RallyPOINTS[emoji769] where rafts will synchronize with one another."

I know, my point was that it doesn't take away from what we are speculating is coming to Great America in 2020. World's Tallest Water Coaster is still possible.
Is world's tallest realistic for Sixflags? I don't know how much that would cost but it seems like a lot.

IssaCoaster

Postby staticshadows on August 6th, 2019, 3:10 pm
staticshadows

Postby IssaCoaster on August 6th, 2019, 6:18 pm
I'm a fool. I'll shut up now[emoji23]

IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 7th, 2019, 9:01 am
SFNE has teased their new ride will be revealed on the 28th of August
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby Tardis1972 on August 7th, 2019, 9:25 am
staticshadows wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

So they updated this announcement. Now it says this sale can only be accused with a special password that will be sent to your newsletter on the 14th. So does that mean the park is going to be emailing me the password?
Here’s the actual announcement

The 2019 Flash Sale officially starts August 26, but you don't have to wait that long, and you can get an even better deal. We will be hosting a special Flash Sale Pre-Sale beginning, Wednesday, August 14. This sale is ONLY open to our current 2019 Season Pass Holders and select friends. In addition to allowing you to reserve your 2020 Season Pass first, you'll also get a special (better) offer that will not be available to the public.

The sale is NOT open to the general public and can only be accessed with a special password. Please check your August 14 newsletter for the secret password.
Tardis1972

Postby Sven18 on August 7th, 2019, 11:04 am
Tardis1972 wrote:
staticshadows wrote:https://sixflags.com/presale
First Time EVER -- Flash Sale PRE-SALE

August 29 is the biggest day of the year for Six Flags! We announce our incredible new rides for 2020 AND we have biggest sale of the year. This year, we're doing something a little different...

On August 14 we're having a special PRE-SALE for our Season Pass holders. Take advantage of our Flash Sale pricing on 2020 Season Passes before everyone else! Check back here on August 14 to see our incredible offers. You'll still need to wait until August 29 to find out what thrilling attractions we're adding in 2020 though!

So they updated this announcement. Now it says this sale can only be accused with a special password that will be sent to your newsletter on the 14th. So does that mean the park is going to be emailing me the password?
Here’s the actual announcement

The 2019 Flash Sale officially starts August 26, but you don't have to wait that long, and you can get an even better deal. We will be hosting a special Flash Sale Pre-Sale beginning, Wednesday, August 14. This sale is ONLY open to our current 2019 Season Pass Holders and select friends. In addition to allowing you to reserve your 2020 Season Pass first, you'll also get a special (better) offer that will not be available to the public.

The sale is NOT open to the general public and can only be accessed with a special password. Please check your August 14 newsletter for the secret password.

The password part was in the newsletter(July 31st thru Aug 14). I received the email July 31st. Nothing changed. If you're a pass holder you'll get the password in the Aug 14th thru 31st Newsletter.
Sven18

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Surprised the next teaser isn't out yet. Everyone ready to be more thrown off? Ok Ok I'm talkin about myself here. Lol
gottastrata33

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 8th, 2019, 4:55 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Surprised the next teaser isn't out yet. Everyone ready to be more thrown off? Ok Ok I'm talkin about myself here. Lol

I am surprised it is not out yet.
WolfRaging95

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum