Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby SiliconMessiah on August 2nd, 2019, 11:16 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I hope it isn't a waterpark addition. I think they should focus on the dry park especially because there's now Magic Waters.
How good is Magic Waters compared to Hurricane Harbor?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

I went to Magic Waters several times as a teen and as a dad. I personally have had better experiences there than Hurricane Harbor. To be fair, it has been about seven years since I went to Magic Waters but HH doesn’t seem very friendly to my kids. The slides have very high height restrictions compared to other water parks I’ve been to and they really have a tube shortage at the slides. Of course, as I said, my Magic Waters experiences are dated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SiliconMessiah

Postby Sven18 on August 3rd, 2019, 8:16 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I hope it isn't a waterpark addition. I think they should focus on the dry park especially because there's now Magic Waters.

Magic Waters is irrelevant, it's meant to get people in Rockford to buy passes to the SFGAm. Among the normal patrons of SFGAM only a tiny % are every going near MW, it a 90 min drive, Few people are driving that far for a city water park, which doesn't have stuff as good as HH. SF will and has to continue to invest in HH b/c it's popular to their current loyal patrons. HH has gotten nothing since 2011, the longest stretch in the chain of nothing at a HH.
Last edited by Sven18 on August 3rd, 2019, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby ilrider on August 3rd, 2019, 8:21 am
IssaCoaster wrote:
How good is Magic Waters compared to Hurricane Harbor?

We just used our passes at Magic Waters last week since we were camping half an hour away. Magic Waters is smaller than HH, so HH is definitely the better water park, but we had fun and there were slides for everyone in my family. They have an inverting slide called Screaming Lizard that was really cool, and they had a couple slides with 75 foot, steep drops. Also, there are several standard tube slides and open air slides. There is a wave pool. They have a kids area that is a smaller version of Skull Mountain with several slides. There was a toddler splash area too.

There were plenty of rafts for the slides. Lines were short for most of the slides (on a Wednesday). We sometimes had to wait a bit to get a raft for the lazy river. The clientele seemed fine to me. We killed three hours there between lunch and dinner. Spending a whole day there would probably get boring. It is not a destination park for sure, but if you are in the area, it is worth a visit.
ilrider

Postby JT2002 on August 3rd, 2019, 10:30 am
https://youtu.be/Sqyxl-wH4J8
This isn't the best new slide idea, but I think it would fit the "launching", "blast", and "wet" descriptions, but I don't know about the number clues.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 3rd, 2019, 10:33 am
Sven18 wrote:

Magic Waters is irrelevant, it's meant to get people in Rockford to by passes to the SFGAm. The normal patrons of SFGAM only a tiny % are every going near MW, is an 90 min drive, Few people are driving that far for a city water park, which doesn't have stuff as good as HH. SF will and has to continue to invest in HH b/c it's popular to their current patrons. HH has gotten nothing since 2011, the longest stretch in the chain of nothing at a HH.

Magic Waters is advertised on Six Flags Great America's park map now. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they want people to go there. HH doesn't need anything else. It's pretty well rounded.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 3rd, 2019, 11:24 am
Ok am I the one who has seen all these people saying we’re getting a new coaster this year. All over Instagram people are saying oh we’re getting RMC Eagle it’s gonna have three inversions 23 Airtime Moments and 86 second ride duration. I’m not saying we’re not getting a coaster but there is an extremely small chance. Look at what we got in 2013 in between xflight and Goliath a nighttime show. So if we do get another coaster in 2021 I’m expecting something small this year.

Also if we were to get RMC Eagle in 2020 don’t you think sfgam would’ve already announced its closure. Especially if it’s one of their most famous rides that holds a special place in a lot of people’s hearts. Just sayin.

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Sven18 on August 3rd, 2019, 12:13 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:
Sven18 wrote:

Magic Waters is irrelevant, it's meant to get people in Rockford to by passes to the SFGAm. The normal patrons of SFGAM only a tiny % are every going near MW, is an 90 min drive, Few people are driving that far for a city water park, which doesn't have stuff as good as HH. SF will and has to continue to invest in HH b/c it's popular to their current patrons. HH has gotten nothing since 2011, the longest stretch in the chain of nothing at a HH.

Magic Waters is advertised on Six Flags Great America's park map now. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like they want people to go there. HH doesn't need anything else. It's pretty well rounded.

The purpose of Magic waters, the Concord water park was explained many times in the earnings conf calls & investor presentations. They are feeders to the big parks for people who live further away from "dry park". They are not meant to draw people from the big park the other way. SF doesn't make any additional money that way, they do it you go from the feeder water park to the SF dry park.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on August 3rd, 2019, 12:19 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Ok am I the one who has seen all these people saying we’re getting a new coaster this year. All over Instagram people are saying oh we’re getting RMC Eagle it’s gonna have three inversions 23 Airtime Moments and 86 second ride duration. I’m not saying we’re not getting a coaster but there is an extremely small chance. Look at what we got in 2013 in between xflight and Goliath a nighttime show. So if we do get another coaster in 2021 I’m expecting something small this year.

Also if we were to get RMC Eagle in 2020 don’t you think sfgam would’ve already announced its closure. Especially if it’s one of their most famous rides that holds a special place in a lot of people’s hearts. Just sayin.

By all these people you mean delusional fanboys who have no idea how any theme park corporation works.The same idiots on youtube or reddit that don't get, though it's been explained 100 times by various people, why SF hasn't built a hyper or giga or any big coaster since bankruptcy.
Sven18

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 3rd, 2019, 12:32 pm
Sven18 wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:Ok am I the one who has seen all these people saying we’re getting a new coaster this year. All over Instagram people are saying oh we’re getting RMC Eagle it’s gonna have three inversions 23 Airtime Moments and 86 second ride duration. I’m not saying we’re not getting a coaster but there is an extremely small chance. Look at what we got in 2013 in between xflight and Goliath a nighttime show. So if we do get another coaster in 2021 I’m expecting something small this year.

By all these people you mean delusional fanboys who have no idea how any theme park corporation works.The same idiots on youtube or reddit that don't get, though it's been explained 100 times by various people, why SF hasn't built a hyper or giga or any big coaster since bankruptcy.

Exactly!!!

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby IssaCoaster on August 3rd, 2019, 1:08 pm

I highly doubt we'll get a coaster this year. Lol. That's not even a question. And the RMC I still think is happening despite what someone mentioned about what Hank Salemi said. I just can't see them refurbishing all of the track. Even if they did one side at a time. Corporate is probably going to tell them to forget about the childhood memories and RMC it so we don't have to retrack it for years to come. I'm looking at a flat ride or waterpark expansion for this addition.

IssaCoaster

Postby staticshadows on August 3rd, 2019, 1:32 pm
Looking into water coaster stats:
Massiv at Schlitterbahn Galveston is 81 ft 6 &3/4 inches tall. 86 ft tall would break the record for world’s tallest water coaster.

Cutback Water Coaster is a new Proslide Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer water coaster that moves at up to 35 ft per second or 23.864 mph.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/cutback ... -now-open/

Maybe you blast 3 times in one ride.
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on August 3rd, 2019, 1:43 pm
Water coaster makes a lot of sense. Those things seem to be popular with the General public and we haven't received a new attraction for Hurricane Harbor in ages.
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 1:57 pm
Point some things I think, but I'm always wrong anyway. RMC Eagle wouldn't be open for another year based on other large RMC rides, so why say 2020. Secondly, 1986 was the final year of Edge (Intamin Generation Drop 1 ride - a "freefall" ride). Next, Giant Drop would be 23 years next year (1997). Third, the park could be getting a 3rd S&S ride (They show 2 S&S rides in the teaser - Maxx Force, and the Joker). S&S rides can also be Screamin' Swing, or Turbo Shot towers such as Hershypark Chocolate Towers.

The other idea has to do with Hometown Fun Machine being gone because the train tracks are not put together around that area, and they mentioned last year; is Hometown Fun Machine being replaced.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

It's weird to me that the logo they show at the end of video looks like a Skywarp, sort of. I don't why they would want to build a Skywarp anything as those things are always shut down. Right now, Discovery Kingdom is shut down "temporarily" according to their website. The other version of those types of rides (from Skyline Attractions) is also shut down at Sea World.

The rides I notice in this teaser are Raging Bull, Maxx Force, American Eagle, Viper, Giant Drop, Joker (at the end) and the waterpark slides in the back.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 7:18 pm, edited 14 times in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby IssaCoaster on August 3rd, 2019, 2:07 pm
I think the water coaster idea seems like a good guess. I still like the flat ride idea and kids expansion too. I'm going to wait for the next teaser to speculate some more.

IssaCoaster

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2019, 3:21 pm
I dont Understand the point of those saucers when they're not being utilized. It's literally for looks.
gottastrata33

Postby ChicagoCoasters on August 3rd, 2019, 5:46 pm
I was looking at the comments on the teaser on Instagram and somebody posted the accounts of the reporters in the teaser. All three of the reporter names are made up. What could it mean though.

ChicagoCoasters

Postby IssaCoaster on August 3rd, 2019, 5:53 pm
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I was looking at the comments on the teaser on Instagram and somebody posted the accounts of the reporters in the teaser. All three of the reporter names are made up. What could it mean though.

They made up three records.

IssaCoaster

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 6:54 pm
^You have to admit though that is some record someone accomplished. It's not the 86 funnel cakes, but getting on Maxx Force 3 times in ONE day. That's almost miraculous with how many times it shuts down in a day. lol lol
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 3rd, 2019, 7:00 pm
It’s possible without a flash pass. I got on it 5 times on July 23. I was only at Six Flags for 6 hours and did plenty of other rides.

How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 3rd, 2019, 7:05 pm
^I know. I was being more funny.
Ilovthevu'

Postby gottastrata33 on August 3rd, 2019, 7:21 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
ChicagoCoasters wrote:I was looking at the comments on the teaser on Instagram and somebody posted the accounts of the reporters in the teaser. All three of the reporter names are made up. What could it mean though.

They made up three records.

This made me LOL
gottastrata33

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 3rd, 2019, 11:18 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:Point some things I think, but I'm always wrong anyway. RMC Eagle wouldn't be open for another year based on other large RMC rides, so why say 2020. Secondly, 1986 was the final year of Edge (Intamin Generation Drop 1 ride - a "freefall" ride). Next, Giant Drop would be 23 years next year (1997). Third, the park could be getting a 3rd S&S ride (They show 2 S&S rides in the teaser - Maxx Force, and the Joker). S&S rides can also be Screamin' Swing, or Turbo Shot towers such as Hershypark Chocolate Towers.

The other idea has to do with Hometown Fun Machine being gone because the train tracks are not put together around that area, and they mentioned last year; is Hometown Fun Machine being replaced.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

It's weird to me that the logo they show at the end of video looks like a Skywarp, sort of. I don't why they would want to build a Skywarp anything as those things are always shut down. Right now, Discovery Kingdom is shut down "temporarily" according to their website. The other version of those types of rides (from Skyline Attractions) is also shut down at Sea World.

The rides I notice in this teaser are Raging Bull, Maxx Force, American Eagle, Viper, Giant Drop, Joker (at the end) and the waterpark slides in the back.
The skywarp looking logo is the all around new six flags logo that has been slowly rolling out this year. It's on the hat of all the food service workers but it isn't fully standard yet. It's been shown at the end of all the Maxx force promos along with any general park video. Same for some other six flags parks, not just ours.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby gottastrata33 on August 4th, 2019, 2:08 am
It's a generic design for a roller coaster swooping the logo. If they wanted to be known for something, it wouldn't be the failure of the skywarp lol
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 5th, 2019, 8:12 am
staticshadows wrote:Looking into water coaster stats:
Massiv at Schlitterbahn Galveston is 81 ft 6 &3/4 inches tall. 86 ft tall would break the record for world’s tallest water coaster.

Cutback Water Coaster is a new Proslide Rocket Blast/Flying Saucer water coaster that moves at up to 35 ft per second or 23.864 mph.
https://attractionsmagazine.com/cutback ... -now-open/

Maybe you blast 3 times in one ride.

If our water park actually got this.... I would be making my first ever visit to Hurricane Harbor :lol: :lol:

I don't know if Six Flags parks generally do this or not in recent years, but could we be seeing a water park expansion AND Camp Cartoon retheme/additions? I'm still on the bandwagon that something has to be going on with Camp Cartoon since the removal of the IP's. Weren't there people like painting the walls or something in there a few weeks back. If that's true, I don't think that's a coincidence, something has to be in the works for Camp Cartoon. And also the fact that the train isn't back yet and there's a plot of land that could fit something like Massiv. Could we be seeing a dry park and a water park addition next year?
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on August 5th, 2019, 8:51 am
That's what Great Adventure did this year. They added a giga discovery and a Hurricane Harbor expansion. Hopefully we'll get the same treatment next year
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum