Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby jmanporty7 on February 4th, 2019, 9:31 am
For 2020, I think its going to be 1 of 2 things...

Option 1: Camp Cartoon retheme to Bugs Bunny Boomtown. It will feature a couple of new rides which expands into the Wilderness Theater, as well as a complete retheme of every current ride in the area to fit the Bugs Bunny or Looney Tunes characters theme.

Option 2: Duo flat ride package. Zamperla Giga Discovery to replace Buccaneer Battle. And a Larson flying scooters to replace Revolution. (Hopefully each with unique themes...or at least not a DC theme)

1 of the 2 options will be for 2020, while the other will be for 2021. yes this means I don't think we'll get another coaster here until 2022.
jmanporty7

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 4th, 2019, 5:07 pm
Well if they name a Giga Discovery not after a dc charachter, knowing Six Flags it'll be named Gnatman the flat ride or Crazanity

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby Goku1910 on February 5th, 2019, 2:18 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote:If I were in charge I would make like a ride like Pandemonium at SFSL.Theme it Tazmanian Devil.

You realize how childish this sounds?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on February 5th, 2019, 3:09 pm
^ Do you always have to be a critic of everything, I personally think this would be a great idea to expand on if they are going to end up changing the theme to Looney Toons. This would also expand on our family coaster lineup and would be a great replacement for Rajun Cajun.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Goku1910 on February 5th, 2019, 3:21 pm
I guess the proper answer to that is "yes"?
When someone states "If I was in charge..." they make themselves appear as if they are an expert in business or how the industry works ins general when in reality they don't have a clue. I've been on the Kidzopolis/Camp Cartoon consolidation side for years and yet here we are years later with no change in sight. The only update we have in camp is the loss of one ride. Do I want a retheme to Bugs Bunny Boom Town? Sure, that's a great idea, will Six Flags ever do it? Probably not.

70% of this thread have been replies of one user and that person suggests "De Ja Vu's Revenge" is a good name for a Dive Coaster....That name sounds like something only a kid could muster up and it's worse than any name I could think of that Six Flags actually uses. Dream big, kid, Dream big.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on February 5th, 2019, 5:10 pm
I would love to see something like Pandemonium come to Great America! They'll probably never get rid of them, but I think the Go-Karts current plot of land would be a great location for Pandemonium.
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Critique on February 5th, 2019, 5:46 pm
sfgamnut17 wrote: I hope that 2019 is the year that we say bye bye to the … DEMON

I hope not. I absolutely love Demon. The only way I would support removal of the demon is if the replacement coaster keeps the same station and general theme. Not saying it has to be called "Demon's Revenge" or something like that but give it a darker theme, have the track be black, and for the love of god incorporate the Demon song into the queue as an homage. Like maybe set up a gravestone with the song playing kinda like how Kings Island has the Son Of Beast memorial in the Banshee queue.
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby Goku1910 on February 5th, 2019, 5:55 pm
Demon is so iconic I can see Six Flags easily paying homage to it's presence even after removal.
It's years are numbered and it's one of few arrow's left in the chain, I don't even ride it anymore it's so rough on me.
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 5th, 2019, 6:30 pm
Goku1910,
Please stop tearing down people's ideas and correcting what people are saying. If O see something that I don't entirely agree with, I either speak my side and be polite about it or I don't say anything at all! It's that simple.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Goku1910 on February 5th, 2019, 6:48 pm
Never said I agreed or disagreed did I?
Goku1910

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 5th, 2019, 7:23 pm
LOL.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Tardis1972 on February 6th, 2019, 10:42 pm
My guess is either a Giant Discovery, water park addition or an Endeavor.
Tardis1972

Postby gottastrata33 on February 7th, 2019, 12:36 pm
JackGlass wrote:I would love to see something like Pandemonium come to Great America! They'll probably never get rid of them, but I think the Go-Karts current plot of land would be a great location for Pandemonium.

I agree with this a lot. A family spinner is now missing from our lineup & I really miss Cajun. Both the ones at SFStl & SFOT spread over an interactive area/Midways. I think it would be a great fit for us.
gottastrata33

Postby rmceagle2021 on February 7th, 2019, 1:29 pm
We should get a small Mack family spinning coaster
rmceagle2021

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 17th, 2019, 1:38 pm
I think they'll remove Succaneer Battle.

GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 17th, 2019, 3:01 pm
I think one of the following: Zamperla Giga Discovery in BB's place, Zamperla Endeavor in Sky Trail's former place, or Bugs Bunny Boom Town & D.C. Superfriends.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on February 17th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Buccaneer Battle needs to go. That area was booming when Deja Vu was there, now it's a dead zone.

"I can't wait to ride Buccaneer battle" said no one ever, lol
JackGlass

Postby SaveTheWAVE on February 17th, 2019, 3:36 pm
If SFGAm wanted to “cheat” in a year in between coasters, perhaps find a way to extend GD to 300’+ or modify ithe passenger gondolas to behave like Falcon’s Fury as well as add another substantial flat ride in the same season.
SaveTheWAVE

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on February 17th, 2019, 4:12 pm
JackGlass wrote:Buccaneer Battle needs to go. That area was booming when Deja Vu was there, now it's a dead zone.

Ha with our luck they might retheme this and call it a new ride :lol: .

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby JackGlass on February 17th, 2019, 4:19 pm
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:
JackGlass wrote:Buccaneer Battle needs to go. That area was booming when Deja Vu was there, now it's a dead zone.

Aqua Man: Ultimate Splash! :lol:
JackGlass

Postby Coaster Justin on February 20th, 2019, 2:32 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:

Enclose it, Remove the guns and rename it Monster Mansion
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on February 20th, 2019, 4:09 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:

Enclose it, Remove the guns and rename it Monster Mansion

How very Over Georgia of you ;) unless they give it a beautiful mansion facade, a huge bulky ugly building will look worse than what’s there now. & to be honest, i think it looks nice. it’s actually quite hilarious how many of you complain about themeing & yet BB is one of our best themed attractions. It’s a family attraction & very interactive. I dont get the hate & I’m actually sick of reading you complain about it.
gottastrata33

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on February 20th, 2019, 8:09 am
^ Oh I have no problem with the theming, I always thought it had a nice theme. However this ride is a maintenance issue since it keeps breaking out like 90% of the time

_FuryBull_330_

Postby LordMagnus101 on February 20th, 2019, 1:36 pm
They could remove Buccaneer Battle and leave a giant hole in the ground for all I care. It would still be an improvement.
LordMagnus101

Postby Coaster Justin on February 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm
I don't get the hate either. Best part about the ride is that the lines are much shorter than Roaring Rapids or Hurricane Harbor so you can get on with a 10 minute or less wait.

What if they rethemed it to Looney Tunes and call it "Looney Tunes Seaport?"
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum