SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby staticshadows on January 25th, 2019, 6:58 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^ Yeah..that part is annoying. The train will give some great shots too. About the pictures from yesterday, were those the double inversion supports or the dive loop into the station?

Dive loop.
staticshadows

 
Posts: 444
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on January 26th, 2019, 12:11 am
How do you know? Cause they’ve had the area ready by Whizzer for a while. Sure it’s not the 2nd inversion/first drop?
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby staticshadows on January 26th, 2019, 10:02 am
The double inversion structure looks different if you compare what has been completed to the image in the physics day manual. Also, this picture from No Coaster Con shows they are starting with the dive loop.
Image
Image source:www.facebook.com/jiggidyndg
staticshadows

 
Posts: 444
Joined: August 18th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 26th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Just drove past. It is the Dive Loop's supports :)
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 890
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on January 28th, 2019, 2:15 pm
Seeing that tower went up in a day, I wonder If track has been added already. I feel this thing will go up pretty quick but this weather needs to calm down.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby ilrider on January 28th, 2019, 5:28 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Seeing that tower went up in a day, I wonder If track has been added already. I feel this thing will go up pretty quick but this weather needs to calm down.


No track as of yesterday when I drove by.
ilrider

 
Posts: 507
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Postby JackGlass on January 28th, 2019, 5:55 pm
I'm glad they added Maxx Force without removing another coaster! Keep that coaster count growing!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 359
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 28th, 2019, 8:05 pm
I know there's a whole topic about what coaster could be next to leave, but I really don't know which one they'd get ride of. I'd say Demon, but it's a classic. They won't get rid of it.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 890
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby JT2002 on January 29th, 2019, 5:49 pm
I really hope they're not working tomorrow! Too dam cold!
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 199
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby ilrider on January 29th, 2019, 6:28 pm
^There’s no way. Frostbite in under 5 minutes to any exposed skin. This is just like 2014 when they were putting Goliath up, though even worse this year.
ilrider

 
Posts: 507
Joined: October 7th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Postby Wisco Woody on January 31st, 2019, 12:46 am
So with 16 person trains instead of 12, the theoretical pph goes to 944 if they can consistently hit the interval of 61 seconds between dispatch and train motion. That combined with the promised single rider line makes the idea of queing for Maxx Force beyond just at daily opening or with a skip the line pass POSSIBLY bearable. This would actually give it a capacity near equal to that of a well running Top Thrill Dragster and greater than that of Maverick. This is assuming of course Maxx Force proves to be more reliable than either of those two, which S&S has shown they are capable of better reliability than Intamin.

But this pathetically short front gate people sponge will still be considered a disaster for many regular guests when they have to wait in the regular line in excess of 2 or 3 hours for a ride that only lasts 20 to 25 seconds. I hope the park has a 3rd train on order in case one of the two ever experiences any downtime and leaves them stuck with one train operation. Hell, the park would be wise to add both full shade and covering for the entire que and an entertainment hotspot and/or plenty of que TVs, because that line almost certainly will exceed 3 hours on some Saturdays, and if guests have to wait over 2 hours without cover and shade in complete boredom, guest relations will be swamped the enitre season.
Wisco Woody

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: August 29th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Postby gottastrata33 on January 31st, 2019, 12:58 am
Wisco Woody wrote:So with 16 person trains instead of 12, the theoretical pph goes to 944 if they can consistently hit the interval of 61 seconds between dispatch and train motion. That combined with the promised single rider line makes the idea of queing for Maxx Force beyond just at daily opening or with a skip the line pass POSSIBLY bearable. This would actually give it a capacity near equal to that of a well running Top Thrill Dragster and greater than that of Maverick. This is assuming of course Maxx Force proves to be more reliable than either of those two, which S&S has shown they are capable of better reliability than Intamin.

But this pathetically short front gate people sponge will still be considered a disaster for many regular guests when they have to wait in the regular line in excess of 2 or 3 hours for a ride that only lasts 20 to 25 seconds. I hope the park has a 3rd train on order in case one of the two ever experiences any downtime and leaves them stuck with one train operation. Hell, the park would be wise to add both full shade and covering for the entire que and an entertainment hotspot and/or plenty of que TVs, because that line almost certainly will exceed 3 hours on some Saturdays, and if guests have to wait over 2 hours without cover and shade in complete boredom, guest relations will be swamped the enitre season.


May I ask where you’re getting your stats from? Cause I’ve worked four Intamins with decent to great capacity. What s&s coaster has proven to be better? Just found that to be a very odd statement.

& lets just think about this for a moment. If Goliath had lines reaching 3-4hrs in 2014, I’m honestly expecting the same if not worse wait times.
gottastrata33

User avatar
 
Posts: 1996
Joined: September 5th, 2005, 12:41 am
Location: Chicago, IL.

Postby Wisco Woody on January 31st, 2019, 11:14 am
It's just from their coasters that I've ridden and seen operate all day: Powder Keg, Joker, and Steel Hawg. Granted while only Powder Keg is an air launch coaster, I've also seen good operational reports about Dodonpa, the Chinese Bullet coasters, and even Galeforce after its reopening. Now compare that to several launched Intamins I've ridden, including Maverick and TTD, which can hit really good capacity that sometimes exceeds 1000 pph, but they are hampered on a nearly daily and sometimes hourly basis by downtime.

Obviously Maxx Force hitting that 61 second interval and 944 pph is just a guess at this point, as they might try to hit an even faster interval with only 16 person trains though its very unlikely. The crews here vary greatly in terms of skill and speed, compare the great crews on Bull and Batman to those on X-Flight and Goliath. If the crew can hit and sustain 900 pph + every hour of the busier days, the coaster might redeem itself in the eyes of those who don't have to wait in those 3+ hour lines. But again that's unlikely and the park is probably shooting themselves in the foot by installing a tall and attractive coaster designed to get those 3+ hour lines at the front gate that only lasts 25 seconds and still has the potential for a lot of downtime.
Wisco Woody

User avatar
 
Posts: 193
Joined: August 29th, 2016, 3:58 pm

Postby sfgamnut17 on February 1st, 2019, 1:57 am
Wisco Woody wrote:It's just from their coasters that I've ridden and seen operate all day: Powder Keg, Joker, and Steel Hawg. Granted while only Powder Keg is an air launch coaster, I've also seen good operational reports about Dodonpa, the Chinese Bullet coasters, and even Galeforce after its reopening. Now compare that to several launched Intamins I've ridden, including Maverick and TTD, which can hit really good capacity that sometimes exceeds 1000 pph, but they are hampered on a nearly daily and sometimes hourly basis by downtime.

Obviously Maxx Force hitting that 61 second interval and 944 pph is just a guess at this point, as they might try to hit an even faster interval with only 16 person trains though its very unlikely. The crews here vary greatly in terms of skill and speed, compare the great crews on Bull and Batman to those on X-Flight and Goliath. If the crew can hit and sustain 900 pph + every hour of the busier days, the coaster might redeem itself in the eyes of those who don't have to wait in those 3+ hour lines. But again that's unlikely and the park is probably shooting themselves in the foot by installing a tall and attractive coaster designed to get those 3+ hour lines at the front gate that only lasts 25 seconds and still has the potential for a lot of downtime.
Well hey, I'll walk through a line to get in the park then walk through another line to get on a minute-ish long ride. You think I would Wait in this? YES!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
GREAT AMERICA, MAYBE A GREAT DAY IS JUST WHAT YOU NEED THIS YEAR
sfgamnut17

 
Posts: 30
Joined: January 29th, 2019, 10:01 pm

Postby RobSFGAm on February 2nd, 2019, 11:24 pm
I did a quick video update and just posted to YouTube @: https://youtu.be/PVm9z2j771c
I did NOT cross any park property at any time (zoom lens). The quality is not great because of winter/overcast...but for the people who live further away you can at least see something on the progress.
FYI: The first 44 seconds are from December '18, so you will only see footers, then it goes to Feb 2, 2019 video.
Enjoy!
RobSFGAm

 
Posts: 242
Images: 5
Joined: November 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 3rd, 2019, 2:01 am
^ Those are some great shots! Thank you so much for sharing. Hoping to see more and more as construction continues!
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 890
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby JackGlass on February 3rd, 2019, 10:00 am
Great footage RobSFGAm!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 359
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby MrsTaxi on February 3rd, 2019, 12:36 pm
Thank you!
MrsTaxi

User avatar
 
Posts: 195
Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 6:00 am
Location: Land of cheese

Postby SFGAM_Hog on February 5th, 2019, 4:22 pm
Small update on Maxx Force on their instagram. It is just the dive loop support that they're working on. They said at NCC there would be an expected update on 2/8 so we'll see how much process is made then.
SFGAM_Hog

 
Posts: 890
Joined: June 18th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Postby JT2002 on February 5th, 2019, 8:51 pm
Image Getting Bigger!!
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my park get a RMC Trex, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will double post on this forum.
JT2002

User avatar
 
Posts: 199
Joined: June 8th, 2018, 5:53 pm
Location: Gurnee, IL

Postby JackGlass on February 5th, 2019, 8:54 pm
wow! They're slowly but surely turning Great America into the Magic Mountain of the Midwest! Can't wait until this opens!
JackGlass

User avatar
 
Posts: 359
Joined: July 29th, 2018, 2:37 am

Postby jmanporty7 on February 6th, 2019, 9:08 am
JackGlass wrote:wow! They're slowly but surely turning Great America into the Magic Mountain of the Midwest! Can't wait until this opens!


Oh crap....I don't want to become the gimmick capital of world! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jk jk...
jmanporty7

User avatar
 
Posts: 283
Joined: June 4th, 2014, 3:23 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Postby chicagoperson on February 6th, 2019, 2:07 pm
JackGlass wrote:wow! They're slowly but surely turning Great America into the Magic Mountain of the Midwest! Can't wait until this opens!


I would prefer it to be known as Cedar Points primary competitor, even though its a bit of a long shot lol
1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Millennium Force 5. The Beast
chicagoperson

 
Posts: 23
Joined: March 23rd, 2014, 10:41 pm
Location: Chicago IL

Postby RCTClassic on February 6th, 2019, 5:05 pm
chicagoperson wrote:
JackGlass wrote:wow! They're slowly but surely turning Great America into the Magic Mountain of the Midwest! Can't wait until this opens!


I would prefer it to be known as Cedar Points primary competitor, even though its a bit of a long shot lol



Way more than a long shot. CP is a destination. With the hotels, the lake, jetskis, parasailing....not to mention the roller coasters, or the fact that they have more rides than anyone. CP main competition is Kings Island, but really destinations not named disney....like Busch Gardens.
RCTClassic

 
Posts: 9
Joined: September 21st, 2018, 11:00 am

Postby RobSFGAm on February 8th, 2019, 1:09 pm
This is from Friday 2/8/2019 @ 11 AM and as you can see...track is on the structure now!
The structure for the end of the ride and some of the track are already in place. I do not believe that they were working today (very cold 4 degrees out) which is understandable.
Just wanted to share.
Posted full resolution, so keep clicking on the green both top left to see it full size.
Image
RobSFGAm

 
Posts: 242
Images: 5
Joined: November 9th, 2009, 8:25 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AirTimeDaz and 11 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.