Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 30th, 2018, 4:15 am
You’re awesome ;)
gottastrata33

Postby anewman35 on August 30th, 2018, 4:16 am
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on August 30th, 2018, 4:24 am
marcusleshock wrote:Hey everybody! It's Marcus Leshock from WGN Morning News. I know you all had been following the Maxx Force teasers like I have. Great America answered some of my questions about the teases and about how the ride is going to fit into the park. Still waiting on confirmation of a few things but I have a post up now, thought you all might be interested!

https://marcusleshock.com/record-breaki ... a-in-2019/

Awesome! Glad to hear Home Town Fun Machine is staying put! I just saw Darien Lakes announcement too! It's called the Six Flags Sky Screamer which almost certainly means it going to be rebranded to Six Flags Darien Lake next year.... again, lol Today is starting off as a very good day!
JackGlass

Postby RBullFan97 on August 30th, 2018, 5:18 am
marcusleshock wrote:Hey everybody! It's Marcus Leshock from WGN Morning News. I know you all had been following the Maxx Force teasers like I have. Great America answered some of my questions about the teases and about how the ride is going to fit into the park. Still waiting on confirmation of a few things but I have a post up now, thought you all might be interested!

Thank you for this. I love your passion and enthusiasm for the coaster hobby, it's refreshing to see an enthusiast on the news.
I'm glad we were able to get such a big attraction without having to remove any rides. Do I wish the coaster was longer? Of course. They barely even seemed to use the actual physical land Pictorium occupied so they probably could've done more, but I think this thing is about the records and packing a punch in a short amount of time. And the thing is so unique and is going to be a big draw, and with its location at the front of the park be prepared for the ride to have insane wait times. But yeah, 2019 cannot come soon enough! :mrgreen:
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby briphotoguy on August 30th, 2018, 5:18 am
Honestly it feels like we had the best announcement... win Great America
briphotoguy

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2018, 6:11 am
I think Maxx Force is the more intense ride out of the two. West Coast Racers looks fun, but not too intense. Why does Magic Mountain need another dueling coaster? Why do they need another launch coaster? I don't get it, but it'll definitely give life to that area. I'm not sure which coaster is better. Of course I'm biased and will say Maxx Force is better, but that's just because SFGAm is our home park lol.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby AirTimeDaz on August 30th, 2018, 7:22 am

Thanks for sharing the article link and always representing our park with enthusiasm! Six Flags couldn't pay for that kind of endorsements :lol: it's definitely in my plans to be you when I grow up a little more!
AirTimeDaz

Postby anewman35 on August 30th, 2018, 7:23 am
The Lake County News-Sun (and reprinted in the Tribune) says "The 175-foot height will require a variance from the village of Gurnee, which has a 125-foot limit on new structures in the park." Not to get political, but that's Fake News, right?
anewman35

Postby LordMagnus101 on August 30th, 2018, 7:24 am
Looks like it could be fun, but very short. Line speed and size will determine a lot about this coaster for me.

As a bonus, they finally have something that could pull people away from Goliath's queue...
LordMagnus101

Postby jmanporty7 on August 30th, 2018, 7:27 am
I just want to ride this NOWWW! :lol:
jmanporty7

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 30th, 2018, 7:53 am
I want to see a pov of this thing lol. C'mon Six Flags XD
SFGAM_Hog

Postby hoju74 on August 30th, 2018, 7:54 am
So, will the queue be in Carousel Plaza ?
hoju74

Postby jmanporty7 on August 30th, 2018, 8:01 am
hoju74 wrote:So, will the queue be in Carousel Plaza ?

I'm assuming we enter where the entrance for Pictorium used to be
jmanporty7

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 30th, 2018, 8:02 am
hoju74 wrote:So, will the queue be in Carousel Plaza ?

No, technically the entrance to hometown square is right before that. Pictorium and Carousel Gifts were in hometown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby staticshadows on August 30th, 2018, 8:09 am
anewman35 wrote:The Lake County News-Sun (and reprinted in the Tribune) says "The 175-foot height will require a variance from the village of Gurnee, which has a 125-foot limit on new structures in the park." Not to get political, but that's Fake News, right?

Yes, they are printing incorrect information. No variance is needed per the current zoning.
staticshadows

Postby w00dland on August 30th, 2018, 8:30 am
I just came here to say that I think this coaster looks awesome and now SFGAm has one of the best coaster lineups anywhere in the world.

woohoodude11 wrote:I feel this puts the nail in the coffin for V2. Bravo Six Flags. I feel like you'll have a hard time finding anyone upset with this addition.

You must be new! Welcome to the internet...
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby batmanfan80 on August 30th, 2018, 8:36 am
So we've got two cobra roll type things with a zero g in the middle. Not bad, not bad. I'm guessing the ride will be as short or shorter than Goliath post-lift hill though. I wouldn't have minded them taking out something else along with Pictorum if it meant we got a 7 inversion monster that was as good or better than Kumba and Kraken. Let's just hope this doesn't bring the hordes like Goliath did. I like the line of thinking where they remove Pretzelman and Dark Knight for something cutting edge.
batmanfan80

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 30th, 2018, 8:41 am
Ride Wait Time for Maxx Force: 3 hrs

Ride Wait Time for Goliath: 15 min.

Hopefully these are the results because if so I will be both happy and disappointed. But hey I can wait that long :D .
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby Tardis1972 on August 30th, 2018, 8:58 am
That's officially three straight years of getting a coaster.
Tardis1972

Postby benneluke on August 30th, 2018, 9:02 am
This looks insane. I cant believe we're getting an air launch coaster. On another note, Marcus's article just pissed me off with the stupid "clues" that SFGAm put in the teasers. This is why I don't even care about these teasers anymore. They're full of blatant red herrings. 175 meters was supposed to be the height of the loop in feet? Bullcrap. The 1,000 SPF was supposed to represent that the loop was so high it was close to the sun? Stupid. Next year Im just waiting for the official announcement.

Anyhoo, I super excited to ride this. It will definitely de-throne Bull as the coaster icon of the park!
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

Postby UnclePennybags on August 30th, 2018, 9:20 am
I'm happy with this coaster. From what I can glean from the video, it looks like it'll have a layout that looks something like this:

The red line is a rough estimate of the track layout. The green rectangle is the approximate location of the station.

At 78 mph, I think the ride will not take long to complete (30 seconds?). Kingda Ka is also short (about 30 seconds), but its got a 456 foot top hat. Full Throttle is a bit over 50 seconds and looks like the better ride overall.

Capacity may be on the low end for Maxx. Kingda Ka is rated at 1,400 riders per hour (rph) with 18 riders per train. It looks like Maxx has 12 riders per train. Assuming 30 seconds/ride, that'd give Maxx a capacity of about 933 rph, which would be a little better than Whizzer's 810 rph, but far less than Raging Bull's 1,560 rph.

The ride experience appears to be as follows:

1) The train accelerates from 0 to 78 mph over about 460 feet of straight track, starting at the station (located in the old Pictorium area) and ending somewhere between Raging Bull and Whizzer. The track is sunk into the ground a bit, which puts it at a lower elevation than the railway train at the point their tracks intersect.

2) After the acceleration run, the train goes vertical to a height of about 175 feet. At the top, as it begins to loop back around, you're looking at a 90 degree roll to the left, then a 90 degree roll back to the right as you begin your descent. This all adds up to one big inverted loop.

3) After your descent, you race back towards the station on a track that is neither straight nor flat. In this run, you've got a single heartline roll. That constitutes the second inversion.

4) Finally, as you ascend over the top of the station, you have a 180 degree roll just before the train loops down behind the station into the brake run. That makes three inversions.

If you look closely at the last photo, you'll see that there are several support beams that come down between Monsoon Lagoon and Wipeout (both in Hurricane harbor). So, it looks like Maxx's butt is a little big and will be hanging out a bit over the waterpark.

Also, I'm hearing the ride has got five inversions, but I only see three. I think they're counting the two 90 degree rolls in the big loop as inversions.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on August 30th, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UnclePennybags

Postby KruegerDad on August 30th, 2018, 9:30 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Ride Wait Time for Maxx Force: 3 hrs

Ride Wait Time for Goliath: 15 min.

Hopefully these are the results because if so I will be both happy and disappointed. But hey I can wait that long :D .

My thoughts exactly. A 12 seat train in a park like this is going to be a crowd management nightmare. Looks fun thought I will likely only ride on preview or special event days.
KruegerDad

Postby IssaCoaster on August 30th, 2018, 9:36 am
Guys, do you know why American Eagle was not in the MaxxForce video? They literally had every other ride except for Eagle.
IssaCoaster

Postby jmanporty7 on August 30th, 2018, 9:44 am
^ Maybe they forgot....or a little foretelling of what we are getting for 2022.
jmanporty7

Postby benneluke on August 30th, 2018, 9:50 am
UnclePennybags wrote:From what I can glean from the video, it looks like it'll have a layout that looks something like this:

The red line is a rough estimate of the track layout.

Great analysis! Although in your picture, the heartline roll should cross over the train just north of where it passes under Raging Bull's supports.

I wonder what they are planning for the entrance. There's a lot of room back there for queues. Seems like a waste to keep is mostly empty. Im hoping they do some nice landscaping there. I wonder if they will "seal off" the entire area by STT's exit...
What a day! What a place! What a smile on your face!
benneluke

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum