Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on April 26th, 2019, 1:55 am
We have received some great coasters literally designed for us, unique to our park. & That’s why I honestly see Joker as a bonus. We didn’t need it but it’s something that rounds us out, adds up the coaster count, & is fun. They moved a ride in the way to another plot, moved the bridge over & made the transition from one area to the next much more eye catching. None of which needed to be done but was. & that’s why I love our park. It does so much that is different from the rest.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 27th, 2019, 12:13 pm
Some pictures from today. It's cold!! They finished a walkway to the top of the double inversion, painted more of the sign, track is in the transfer shed, and some work on the station.ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G550T2 using Tapatalk
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on April 27th, 2019, 12:29 pm
why did they get done so little on it last week
redrobinround

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 27th, 2019, 12:41 pm
^ Just because you can't see more supports and track going up doesn't mean they weren't working. They probably worked on air cylinders and underground work. They were building a walkway and ladder up to the top of the dog tongue.

The park just closed because of the snow.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby RobSFGAm on April 27th, 2019, 3:34 pm
I just posted my Maxx Force video construction update for April 20-27th. This includes some video from 4/27 before the park closed for snow/weather.

https://youtu.be/LM9AUlJEiAY
RobSFGAm

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 27th, 2019, 3:43 pm
^ Awesome, Rob. I didn't notice the work on the air launch building. No clue what they'll do, but those squares on the sides do make me wonder what they'll do with it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 10:00 am
I wish I was at the park today so I could see that building. I wouldn't think anything of it, but because it has these square designs on the outside it makes me curious as to what they'll do with it. Any ideas to what is?

This photo is from Rob's video.Image

SFGAM_Hog

Postby staticshadows on April 28th, 2019, 10:37 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wish I was at the park today so I could see that building. I wouldn't think anything of it, but because it has these square designs on the outside it makes me curious as to what they'll do with it. Any ideas to what is?

Looks like it’s going to be a concrete structure and they haven’t put the forms on the outside yet. Probably a maintenance structure for the air compressor system and the holes on the side could be for ventilation or air intakes.
staticshadows

Postby UnclePennybags on April 28th, 2019, 11:57 am
SFGAM_Hog wrote:Image

Wow, they're really opening this up nicely. To me, it looked too overgrown and tight for an entry gate of a major ride. Looking forward to seeing the final product.
UnclePennybags

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 12:03 pm
The park should put up a bigger fence blocking the entrance. What I'm guessing was a father and his son walked right between the little fence of the entrance way that led to the construction site..
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 1:41 pm
At the Maxx Force track signing members were given a paper that listed special dates to look forward to. It said that Maxx will open to members on May 24th. Will they have everything done by then? I mean Mardi Gras Hangover didn't have the sign or queue done yet by tshirt day, but I'd hope the park would complete everything by that date for such an important addition.

Not my picture.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterMike on April 28th, 2019, 2:22 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:At the Maxx Force track signing members were given a paper that listed special dates to look forward to. It said that Maxx will open to members on May 24th. Will they have everything done by then? I mean Mardi Gras Hangover didn't have the sign or queue done yet by tshirt day, but I'd hope the park would complete everything by that date for such an important addition.

Not my picture.

I highly doubt the ride will be open by then. Maybe sometime at the beginning to the middle of June. The track still isn’t complete and the trains may or may not have arrived at the park yet. Plus this ride is going to require a lot of testing due to the launch. So there is a slight possibility that MaxxForce will open on May 24th, but I don’t find it likely.
The park did this to us a few years back with Goliath. They kept “promising” opening dates for the ride, while the ride wasn’t complete and of course none of those opening dates were met. Knowing what we know now, we kinda knew Goliath wasn’t going to be opening on time, yet the park kept insisting it was.
CoasterMike

Postby ChicagoCoasters on April 28th, 2019, 2:31 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:I wish I was at the park today so I could see that building. I wouldn't think anything of it, but because it has these square designs on the outside it makes me curious as to what they'll do with it. Any ideas to what is?

This photo is from Rob's video.Image

What if they made it a viewing area to watch the launch and other parts of the ride. It would be similar to Dragster's bleachers just inside a building. I think that would be really cool but there is like a 0.01% chance of this happening. Just a thought though. What do you guys think about my idea?
ChicagoCoasters

Postby Tardis1972 on April 28th, 2019, 2:33 pm
If this is true hopefully the exclusive ride time on the 24th isn’t just for memberships but season pass holders as well.
Tardis1972

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 2:35 pm
^^ Why would they bother saying it was opening May 24th then? I'm going to take their word for it.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterMike on April 28th, 2019, 2:40 pm
SFGAM_Hog wrote:^^ Why would they bother saying it was opening May 24th then? I'm going to take their word for it.

Because they just want to get more people to come to the park as well as increase the ticket and season pass sales. Again, they did the same thing with Goliath back in 2014. It’s a sneaky marketing strategy to get more people to come to the park and spend money.
CoasterMike

Postby CoasterMike on April 28th, 2019, 2:49 pm
Sorry for the double post. Another reason why the park doesn’t open the new rides on opening day. They open them later in the season and they use that as a way to convince people to buy season passes to come back later in the season to ride it. Again, it’s really a marketing strategy.
CoasterMike

Postby anewman35 on April 28th, 2019, 3:11 pm
If the park cared at all about having the sign and/or the queue totally ready, they could easily so it in a month. The people who would be doing that stuff are not the same people actually constructing the ride. But they don't care, and so will be rushing to finish it right before the ride opens...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on April 28th, 2019, 3:14 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:If this is true hopefully the exclusive ride time on the 24th isn’t just for memberships but season pass holders as well.

As time goes on, more and more of these exclusive things are going to be for members and not pass holders. I hate it, but they want to sell more memberships, and as long as they continue to make the season passes a better deal, they have to do something to try to entice people...
anewman35

Postby gottastrata33 on April 28th, 2019, 6:16 pm
While I doubt that’s what it is, it would be pretty epic if it was a “grand stand” for viewing.

I’m a diamond elite member & am very important so the ride better opening by then for me since they said it.

Joking.
Sadly, the 2014 issue was actually not cool. I “made” 3 of my friends buy Goliath hoodies with me so we’d get that June 1st midnight ticket. $50 later, we got told there would be no such event. Not even a reschedule & I honestly was bothered by that. So let’s hope they learned from that.
gottastrata33

Postby Chirojon on April 28th, 2019, 10:47 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:While I doubt that’s what it is, it would be pretty epic if it was a “grand stand” for viewing.

I’m a diamond elite member & am very important so the ride better opening by then for me since they said it.

Joking.
Sadly, the 2014 issue was actually not cool. I “made” 3 of my friends buy Goliath hoodies with me so we’d get that June 1st midnight ticket. $50 later, we got told there would be no such event. Not even a reschedule & I honestly was bothered by that. So let’s hope they learned from that.

They did you wrong, man... not cool.

That is pretty crappy.
Chirojon

Postby FParker185 on April 28th, 2019, 10:55 pm
All the park learned is they can get $50 from people and not have to do anything for it :)

The holes in that building are intakes for the air compressors.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 10:55 pm
Yeah, I didn't know that they promised an opening that wasn't really true. I would assume the rest of the track and support work will be really quickly to get done. I'm hoping we can see trains soon.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby SFGAM_Hog on April 28th, 2019, 11:02 pm
I apologize for the double post.

Most of the launch is surrounded by maintenance buildings and sheds for the launch itself. I hope they do something to make it look a little better than just a bunch of concrete walls as you launch. Maybe they could add racing flags and a countdown sign for the launch. Audio would add to the ride. Maybe some cheering and the engine revving.

Also, I didn't notice how Maxx's station looks very similar to TTD's at Cedar Point. This ride is a real jab at CP. Some might disagree this ride isn't close to being as great as TTD, but I think it could be close.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterMike on April 28th, 2019, 11:28 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:While I doubt that’s what it is, it would be pretty epic if it was a “grand stand” for viewing.

Joking.

I’m quite sure the park is doing exactly what they did back in 2014 with Goliath. They know that MaxxForce won’t be done on time! The ride really isn’t anywhere near from being ready to open. Honestly the park is just trying to get people to buy tickets, season passes and memberships and that’s all. They know the ride won’t open by May 24th, yet they are telling the GP that to increase the ticket sales.
CoasterMike

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum