Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Maxx Force NEW FOR 2019

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby _FuryBull_330_ on June 13th, 2019, 10:28 am
^ Thanks, it was a bit confusing for me to understand which parts you were talking about, but this should help clear it up.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 13th, 2019, 10:54 am
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
ilrider wrote:^They did it because it creates a fun head chopper effect on MF, and it will be fun to go over the launch on the train if the timing is right. They design coasters carefully for clearances, and they typically do clearance envelope testing. Nobody will get hurt on the tunnel.

Yes, I understand the head chopper effect however I'm hoping the train has enough clearance around all the support poles and some "genius" doesn't try to touch the supports when the train is moving. Plus rerouting the train like they did caused it to be down the entire season. I'm sure some folks aren't happy about that.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't train currently go around all other rides and not through their footprints??

Demon says hi.

Ben - Thanks for correcting me! I knew the train went under the corkscrew but didn't realize it also went under the "turnaround" before first drop!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterlove on June 13th, 2019, 11:31 am
It's a shame that such a large section of the queue line will not be covered. You have to figure that section could easily be at an hour straight of twisting through that line. That's a long time to have to wait uncovered on a hot sunny day. Even if they didn't cover the entire section, why not half and half to give people a break from the sun? So many of the queue lines at SFGAm have such long sections without any shade.
coasterlove

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 13th, 2019, 12:18 pm
More full circuit testing today, but with water dummies in the back half of the train. No video, sorry.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on June 13th, 2019, 12:33 pm
coasterlove wrote:It's a shame that such a large section of the queue line will not be covered. You have to figure that section could easily be at an hour straight of twisting through that line. That's a long time to have to wait uncovered on a hot sunny day. Even if they didn't cover the entire section, why not half and half to give people a break from the sun? So many of the queue lines at SFGAm have such long sections without any shade.
but it looks like there are footers everywhere for the large part of the queue and the station one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redrobinround

Postby IssaCoaster on June 13th, 2019, 12:34 pm
redrobinround wrote:
coasterlove wrote:It's a shame that such a large section of the queue line will not be covered. You have to figure that section could easily be at an hour straight of twisting through that line. That's a long time to have to wait uncovered on a hot sunny day. Even if they didn't cover the entire section, why not half and half to give people a break from the sun? So many of the queue lines at SFGAm have such long sections without any shade.
but it looks like there are footers everywhere for the large part of the queue and the station one

Probably for some advertisements[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby redrobinround on June 13th, 2019, 12:53 pm

redrobinround

Postby ChicagoCoasters on June 13th, 2019, 2:47 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
redrobinround wrote:

Probably for some advertisements[emoji6]

Or lighting fixtures

1.) Steel Vengeance 2.) Maverick 3.) Goliath (SFGAM) 4.) Top Thrill Dragster 5.) Mystic Timbers
Ragin Cajun and Iron Wolf went from Six Flags Great America to Six Flags America. I guess they weren't GREAT anymore.
ChicagoCoasters

Postby gottastrata33 on June 13th, 2019, 3:31 pm
Really hate that it’s all rocks right there. Was hopin for some green but it’s all coming together I’m tryin not to judge anything until it’s done. I think The station is already nicer than the last three we’ve gotten so there’s that.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 13th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Are they going to paint the roof red? I didn't expect them to put wood on top of the metal roof that was already on. They still have to put on the fins we saw in the animation too.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby redrobinround on June 13th, 2019, 4:10 pm
wood may just be layer of protection

redrobinround

Postby RobSFGAm on June 13th, 2019, 10:15 pm
This is from June 13th @ 7:45 PM.

1) All but the first two row have water dummies in them now.
2) The light post in the large queue area perimeter are in now in place.
3) Fencing is starting to go up in around the queue perimeter.
No test this evening, but there were a few worker still on site through 8 pm when I left.
Train stayed in that position the two hours I was there.
RobSFGAm

Postby Tardis1972 on June 14th, 2019, 12:39 pm
So I’m waiting in line for Whizzer right now and I just heard a loud bang that sounded like it was from Maxx Force. Anyone know what it could of been?
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterChris on June 14th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Is the second train on site or is it on the way. I have not seen anything written about it because it should be on the track testing as well!
CoasterChris

Postby coasterkidd100 on June 14th, 2019, 1:10 pm
I would imagine that they are just testing it with one train for now to make sure that the system is running right and to make sure that the system is broken in before they bring the second train on the track. I have not seen or heard anything about the second train but I would think that the park has it sitting somewhere.
coasterkidd100

Postby SaveTheWAVE on June 14th, 2019, 2:50 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:So I’m waiting in line for Whizzer right now and I just heard a loud bang that sounded like it was from Maxx Force. Anyone know what it could of been?
Like a deep, concussive boom or more of a metallic bang?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
SaveTheWAVE

Postby SycoCoasterDad on June 14th, 2019, 3:02 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:
Tardis1972 wrote:So I’m waiting in line for Whizzer right now and I just heard a loud bang that sounded like it was from Maxx Force. Anyone know what it could of been?

I am at the park and heard it too. It was during a launch probably shortly before 2:00. Almost like the sound of a cannon. The train made the full circuit, but I wonder if it’s possible they blew one of the compression tanks? [emoji50]

SycoCoasterDad

Postby SFGAM_Hog on June 14th, 2019, 3:06 pm
If I'm thinking of the noise you're hearing, you can hear that boom sound during every launch. I have heard it in every video of the ride launching.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby ilrider on June 14th, 2019, 3:07 pm
SycoCoasterDad wrote:
SaveTheWAVE wrote:

I am at the park and heard it too. It was during a launch probably shortly before 2:00. Almost like the sound of a cannon. The train made the full circuit, but I wonder if it’s possible they blew one of the compression tanks? [emoji50]

Happened with Ring Racer during testing, so that was my first thought. That explosion shattered windows at the track and affected some workers’ hearing. Not good if so.
ilrider

Postby redrobinround on June 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm
i believe its normal watch full tests on Youtube and youll hear cannon sounds

redrobinround

Postby B&MGuy35 on June 14th, 2019, 4:00 pm
Well did it continue testing after that? If so then I’m sure it was normal. If not and it hasn’t run since then maybe something happened.

B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on June 14th, 2019, 4:02 pm
You guys ever hear an s&s screamin swing or their drop towers? This is the same thing - horizontally. Literally. They’re loud a** rides. It’s normal.
gottastrata33

Postby SycoCoasterDad on June 14th, 2019, 4:35 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:Well did it continue testing after that? If so then I’m sure it was normal. If not and it hasn’t run since then maybe something happened.

I have not seen another test since, and I have ridden Skyhawk at CP and this sound was not the same.

SycoCoasterDad

Postby IssaCoaster on June 14th, 2019, 4:43 pm
I feel like the S&S Screamin Swing is a bad example to use. I would say the launch towers or coasters are better examples. I did ride Powder Keg, and I can't remember if I heard a loud bang or not. I did not hear it on Silver Dollar City's screamin swing though. But again, I don't think it's a good example.

IssaCoaster

Postby SycoCoasterDad on June 14th, 2019, 4:45 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:I feel like the S&S Screamin Swing is a bad example to use. I would say the launch tower is a better example. I did ride Powder Keg, and I can't remember if I heard a loud bang or not. I did not hear it on Silver Dollar City's screamin swing though. But again, I think it's not agood example.

Been on S&S launch/drop towers as well. This all sound like a rush and fast push of air. This was an “explosion”. Like those fireworks that just make a big boom but no color.

SycoCoasterDad

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum